City Elves in Tuluk

Started by mansa, April 28, 2008, 09:52:53 PM

New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on April 19, 2009, 11:42:22 PM

Oh man the hand

And their sister tribe, the foot, from the sewers in undertuluk

If we have a Foot clan, I'm joining immediately.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on April 20, 2009, 01:21:01 AM
Quote from: mansa on April 19, 2009, 11:42:22 PM

Oh man the hand

And their sister tribe, the foot, from the sewers in undertuluk

If we have a Foot clan, I'm joining immediately.

Will their enemies be the teenage mutant ninja gurth?

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Out of curiosity, any plans to open up the existing clan in Allanak? or creating a new tribe for Allanak?

I would have preferred an overall tweaking to city elves.

Not to say I mind the work done on the tribe. A city elf tribe in Tuluk is certainly welcome.

I just don't think it's going to solve the problems of the race as I see it. What I really want to see is an elven niche in the cities beyond being sneaky/thievish.

Wait and see, I guess.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Being sneaky and thievish seems like a perfectly good niche to me. Yay for the new tribe, tempting to roll a city-elf in Tuluk now!
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Yeah, I think elves should stay sneaky and thievish. Elves being functional in society is like.. like.. a halfling trading with humans. Or a 'gicker being accepted.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: SMuz on April 20, 2009, 06:24:01 AM
Yeah, I think elves should stay sneaky and thievish. Elves being functional in society is like.. like.. a halfling trading with humans. Or a 'gicker being accepted.

That's just a plain wrong statement. Elves have been functional in society for a very long time. They consist of as much the populace of Zalanthas as humans, how could they not function in society?

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 20, 2009, 06:52:12 AM

That's just a plain wrong statement. Elves have been functional in society for a very long time. They consist of as much the populace of Zalanthas as humans, how could they not function in society?

Yeah, I agree. An entire race of thieves and shadies couldn't exist.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 20, 2009, 06:52:12 AM

In elven society, definitely. If elves had their own cities, they'd be perfectly functional there. In human society, naturally not. Too arrogant to travel far from the city. And they're not too untrustable for hiring for other purposes. They've brought themselves to their own doom.

I think it's only natural that they end up as thieves and shadies, there's nothing else for them to do to survive. It compounds with their cultural respect for thieves. And I'd enjoy the challenge of trying to play an elf to climb out of the stereotype of being nothing more than a sleazy thief.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

April 20, 2009, 09:13:02 AM #61 Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 10:41:06 AM by Ourla
Badass, Shaloooonsh.  I can hardly wait to try them out.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Elves can and do find plenty of things to do to survive other than steal. Stealing is, at least, a minor part of an elf's life. It's meant to be a test of courage and wit. Certainly, the stereotype is far different from the truth.

That said, Shal's new c-elf tribe seems pretty awesome. I think it will make a good difference and I think we'll be seeing more interesting elves popping up.

To those who are about to die, we salute you.

I predict this will be a colossal exercise in futility.

That doesn't mean I don't love you, Shalooonsh...but city-elves are hopelessly borked.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Yes, hopelessly borked, that's why they've been fine all these years.

It's okay, I love killing you too, Synthesis.

We'll see.
I seduced the daughters of men
And made the death of them.
I demanded human sacrifices
From the rest of them.
I became the spirit that haunted
And protected them.
And I lived in the tower of flame
But death collected them.
-War is my Destiny, Ill Bill

Quote from: Ramblingman on April 20, 2009, 02:47:04 AM
Out of curiosity, any plans to open up the existing clan in Allanak? or creating a new tribe for Allanak?

?

Quote from: Ramblingman on April 20, 2009, 02:46:46 PM
Quote from: Ramblingman on April 20, 2009, 02:47:04 AM

?

No.

Edited to add:   Because Allanaki city elves are hopelessly borked.
From the rest of them.
And protected them.

*still waiting for the day he can play is elven powerbroker/mercenary/ferengi merchant/non-sneaky*

I'd ask staff not to get bitter about it, but it's my oppinion that elves are way too restricted to be any fun to play. Hopelessly borked might not be the right way to put it, but I'm really not interested in playing a c-elf until I can break the present mold.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

April 20, 2009, 03:12:02 PM #68 Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 03:13:54 PM by a strange shadow
Have you guys even read the description for this tribe?

They're renowned for their stonework and artistry.

Edited to be less snarky.

Quote from: a strange shadow on April 20, 2009, 03:12:02 PM
Have you guys even read the description for this tribe?

They're renowned for their stonework and artistry.

Edited to be less snarky.

I don't think one clan is going to fix things for the race itself, but I'll reserve my judgement.

Quote from: Jingo on April 20, 2009, 03:10:29 PM
*still waiting for the day he can play is elven powerbroker/mercenary/ferengi merchant/non-sneaky*

I'd ask staff not to get bitter about it, but it's my oppinion that elves are way too restricted to be any fun to play. Hopelessly borked might not be the right way to put it, but I'm really not interested in playing a c-elf until I can break the present mold.

Gosh... if only there were a tribe where something like that could fit in.

Hmmm.

QuoteThe Akai Sjir, known as The Bejewelled Hand in sirihish, are a an old tribe of city elves out of
Tuluk who have become quite renowned for stone working and artistry.  Consisting of several main
families, the Hand are known to take individual elves as associates.  Outspoken and social, the tribe is
known for dealing in goods of all sorts from inside and outside the walls of His Ivory.

Nope.  No room for that here.  Drats.

(this post made in sarcasm font)
From the rest of them.
And protected them.

Quote from: Shalooonsh on April 20, 2009, 02:45:47 PM
Yes, hopelessly borked, that's why they've been fine all these years.

It's okay, I love killing you too, Synthesis.

We'll see.

City-elves were fine all those years before the defense and wisdom nerfs.  Nowadays? Not so much.  Very rarely, you see some veteran player who takes up the challenge and rolls up a city elf simply to be contrarian, but that's about it.  The rest are newbs who haven't figured out how much simpler it is to roll a half-elf and not be saddled with the city restriction, racism, and hopelessly pathetic strength. 

(I mean, seriously...I could PM you with all the gripes I had about my last 12 day c-elf assassin, especially in comparison to my last 12 day dwarf assassin, but I'm not going to do it here.)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

YAI

Now do it in 'nak.

Apologies for doubting the 'Loonsh

Quote from: Jingo on April 20, 2009, 03:31:46 PM
YAI

Now do it in 'nak.

Apologies for doubting the 'Loonsh

There are plans, however, I have about 40 other projects to focus on, so I can, in no way, guarantee when the work on that project will advance.
From the rest of them.
And protected them.

I'm glad to see this happen. I simply love city elves. Sure they don't have strength physically and yes they get discriminated, but all that can be overcome. Trust me. This tribe will increase the fun of city elves in Tuluk immensely. If I didn't have a current character I enjoy I would put in an app immediately for this role being that I have experienced this exact kind of thing before.

Shalooonsh I salute you and your hard work. It means alot to see Imms trying to create something new to the game that will add fun to a race that has been overall lacking in background in the recent past.
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.