City Elves in Tuluk

Started by mansa, April 28, 2008, 09:52:53 PM

well.. I don't think there's long lived elves in Tuluk - other than npcs.

Doesn't Artistry, relates how two-faced Tuluk is? Its happy fluffy rainbow town with a dark side.

Can't trust anyone in Zalanthas, Right? Not just Elves.

Maybe Meta-gamers gave Elves a bad name?

Isn't scowling at elves dangerous? More so in Tuluk? Wouldn't people want to be very polite?

They're seen as sissies?

Quote from: Versu on August 17, 2009, 12:49:52 AM
They're seen as sissies?

Hoo boy, go say that to a Sando.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Many people like to bring up "second most in population".

Big deal, that could easily mean (And I'm sure it does) That there are 2 million humans, 200,000 elves, 195,000 dwarves...etc etc.  And what if 150k of the elves are desert leaving 50,000 to split between the cities and outposts?

If you look at the NPC populations in either main city, the number of elves is less then 20%. Elves are not, nor have they ever been a driving force in the cities.

Hell, even desert elves look down on them.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on August 17, 2009, 02:16:00 AM
Hell, even desert elves look down on them.

True dat.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

There's a lot of half elf npcs around.. is all this hate for real or
is it a Tuluki West Side story ... Sharks vs Jets.. no Carru vs. Tembo?

Are all these half elves made from hate... or many secretly desire to be half-breed baby mommas?

Quote from: burble on August 17, 2009, 11:28:49 AM
Are all these half elves made from hate... or many secretly desire to be half-breed baby mommas?

Half-elves are usually accidents or the product of rape. This could factor in why they have such emotional problems, and have so little sense of self.

As for elves in Tuluk, I think one would be as wary of them as anywhere else in the world. The thing is, elves are usually pretty subtle thieving bastards, so where better to live? Huh?

Also, they have a better chance at making it in Tuluk because no matter what any of you Tuluki fan boy/girls say, it is a happy-fun-fun play zone for smurfs. Allanak's just harsher. Deal.

I like the idea of "accidents".... ooops I didn't mean to bump into you there on the street.

The problem with this whole thread is basing an entire culture on the simple premise that "elves are thieving bastards", seems a little superficial.
I'll have to go find some old Dark Sun books (threw them away a long long ago) but I'm sure they didn't just base their concept of elves on they look different and steal. Then again those were pretty bad books.

If all elves do is steal, then it's a sad world where humans haven't figured it out yet and still do business with them. Makes no sense to me.

The Mongols were able to come together and take over most of the civilized world and stealing was a big part of showing their prowess.

No one ever steals from me. :(
Some of us PCs DO walk around with coins in their inventory for easy pickiin'.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: Grey Area on August 17, 2009, 12:03:44 AM
"Oh, isn't this a delightfully embroidered cloak! Who is it by? Diavellis - that elven master tailor? Oh, well, yes of course. I certainly see the influence of his heritage in his choice of dyes... It's fine work, though, and I'm sure you did your best to obtain a human mastercraftsman."
This is absolutely a perfect example of the way most people would feel about elves, and the way that they would express that feeling. Particularly in Tuluk, but even in Allanak, this sort of example is fine.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: Rhyden on August 17, 2009, 11:47:59 AM
Also, they have a better chance at making it in Tuluk because no matter what any of you Tuluki fan boy/girls say, it is a happy-fun-fun play zone for smurfs. Allanak's just harsher. Deal.

Oi, here we go again.  ::)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on August 17, 2009, 04:27:42 PM
Quote from: Rhyden on August 17, 2009, 11:47:59 AM

Oi, here we go again.  ::)

All I'm saying, is I think the staff created Tuluk to put Allanak's grittiness in perspective with the rest of the world. I haven't actually played in Tuluk with a Tuluki for a very long time. So for what I know, there could be city elves running the entire place in studded, leather armor. My point? Tuluk will always be seen as 'soft' in this post-apocalyptic desert world. Why? Because it just is.

This being said from someone who started off in Tuluk, and still considers it his favorite city.

August 17, 2009, 06:44:41 PM #136 Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:48:25 PM by musashi
If you think Tuluk is a happy land of flowers and magical sunshines, take a hop skip and a jump there and try to be buddy buddy with the local templarate/nobility/military forces. Extra points for doing it as an elf or breed. In fact, take any action you think would land you a whooping in Allanak and try it on for size in Tuluk, then compare your results.

Warning: This poster makes no assurances as to the safety of your character while following the advice listed above.

I agree that city elves in Tuluki do have it better though, but I think that's just because their city "clan" isn't based in an area deemed hostile and dangerous to enter, better avoided at all costs. Like the clan of city elves in Allanak.

Not so much to do with the culture of the cities I think, just the location of the Tuluki city elf clan lends itself to more PC interaction.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.