Someone got advice on Backstab?

Started by Margo, April 25, 2003, 10:35:44 AM

I'm just comming back to Arm after years of being away.  I'm playing an assassin and I realized that to use my Backstab skill I need a stabbing weapon, but I only have Piercing and bludgeoning skills to start out with.

Is their a piercing weapon out there I can used for Backstabbing?  Or will that skill come later on with advancement.

(If I'm asking for info I sahouldn't be asking for I apologize in advance).

There is a subtype of piercing weapon called "Stabbing"  It still uses the piercing skill, but the echo reads "... dodges your stab," etc.
I cant tell you what they are, you have to pick and choose with the merchants, since they all say piercing when you View it, but most do not specify stabbing until you buy and Examine or Assess it.  When youve found a stabber, then BS away with alla your might.  And, as recent threads have shown, be careful of how you get better.  Just a word of caution.  :winks:
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

In addition to what as already been said, generally daggers are stabbing weapons.  Some shortswords I believe also are stabbing weapons.

And "assess"ing a weapon will pretty much tell you if it is a stabbing weapon.

If you can use the dagger/knife to skin, chances are it is stabbing (or chopping in a few cases)
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Thnx.  I have to look into assessing, not sure if I can do it onm a vendor.  I was actually surprised at the number of daggers I went through that couldn't be used for back stabbing.

Quote from: "Margo"I was actually surprised at the number of daggers I went through that couldn't be used for back stabbing.
You and me both.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

If it reads in the desc it is good for skinning then its a stabbing weapon.