Role help.. What roll do you eat with dinner?

Started by BlackMagic0, April 07, 2008, 10:40:15 PM

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 08, 2008, 06:37:56 PM
<-- Has never played a female PC.. As I fear the horny men of Arm.  :-*

The male PCs really aren't that bad. Sure, you'll get hit on a lot, but you have strategies:

1. Ignore them. Most of them will just go away.
2. Threaten them. Some of them will go away, but many others will be completely turned on by this and hit on you even harder. Which is really pretty amusing.
3. Pick a boyfriend or girlfriend, and then let that person threaten would-be Romeos. Very effective if your mate is known for badassery; still pretty effective just because most PCs are "polite" enough to back off due to there being a commitment already in play.
4. Give in, and have a good time with a lot of lovers!
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 08, 2008, 06:51:14 PM

The male PCs really aren't that bad. Sure, you'll get hit on a lot, but you have strategies:

2. Threaten them. Some of them will go away, but many others will be completely turned on by this and hit on you even harder. Which is really pretty amusing.
3. Pick a boyfriend or girlfriend, and then let that person threaten would-be Romeos. Very effective if your mate is known for badassery; still pretty effective just because most PCs are "polite" enough to back off due to there being a commitment already in play.

Hahhahaha. Oh this are great!  ;D Two thumbs up for you.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Hahahaha. I'm sure you can attest to #3 not working as well as you might think.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 08, 2008, 07:03:50 PM

Hahahaha. I'm sure you can attest to #3 not working as well as you might think.

And I can attest to #3 working better than you might think, with a recorded headcount to back me up.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I think I just rolled one of jstorrie's old characters.

I rolled a male half-elf warrior from Tuluk who wants to get embroiled in politics.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I rolled for shits and giggles, and those are the oddest rolls ever. Also.. My dice is broke, I keep getting female. :( haha

Play a celibate female. Women have this great word of power. NO. With NO you can play a woman and not have to fear the horny male players of Armageddon.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Gimfalisette on April 07, 2008, 10:58:16 PM
brytta is awesome indeed, but he does not play much, damn him.

My suggestion:

-- Get a d1. (That's a single die.)

-- Roll race:
     1. Human
     2. Half-elf
     3. Dwarf
     4. City elf
     5, 6: Roll again

-- Roll gender:
     1, 2, 3: Female
     4, 5, 6: Male

-- Roll starting location:
     1. Allanak
     2. Tuluk
     3. Luir's
     4. Red Storm
     5. Labyrinth
     6. Roll again

-- Roll guild:
     1. Merchant
     2. Assassin
     3. Burglar
     4. Pickpocket
     5. Ranger
     6. Warrior

-- Roll character's life goal / area of play:
      1. Become embroiled in politics
      2. Become a master crafter
      3. Become an awesome fighter
      4. Become insanely rich
      5. Get adopted by a GMH family
      6. Become a clan leader

Commit to whatever insane combination you roll and play it to the hilt. Pick a subguild that you think will help you achieve the character's goals.

I just rolled a male city elf who hails from Luir's, guild pickpocket, who wants to become a master crafter.

And then a female half-elf from Red Storm, guild warrior, who wants to get into politics.

Crazy possibilities!

I am totally going to do my next character this way.  Which shouldn't be too long out, given my track record for keeping chars alive... ;)
People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.
- John Dee, Preludes & Nocturns

Quote from: Barzalene on April 08, 2008, 07:21:26 PM
Play a celibate female. Women have this great word of power. NO. With NO you can play a woman and not have to fear the horny male players of Armageddon.

They also have other things of great power; I like to call them shivs. With NO and a shiv you can play a woman and not have to fear the horny male players of Armageddon, because you can turn their characters into eunuchs.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on April 08, 2008, 07:25:43 PM
Quote from: Barzalene on April 08, 2008, 07:21:26 PM

They also have other things of great power; I like to call them shivs. With NO and a shiv you can play a woman and not have to fear the horny male players of Armageddon, because you can turn their characters into eunuchs.

..... I am scared now....

Quote-- Roll race:
     1. Human
     2. Half-elf
     3. Dwarf
     4. City elf
     5, 6: Roll again
Question: can we substitute 5 and 6 for half-giants, desert elves, or muls if we have the karma for it?
Something tells me that a half-giant pickpocket that wants to be adopted by a GMH family could be a heart-warming romp for the whole family.
Heh, or just imagine, a desert elf that wants to get embroiled in politics. Step one: get the fuck out of the desert.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

"The Male Mul Merchant From The Labyrinth Who Wanted To Get Adopted By a GMH Family"

His best quote:

>say (while crying, his voice tinged with the tone of rage) BUT I DON'T WANNA BE A SLAVE!

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on April 08, 2008, 07:40:34 PM
Question: can we substitute 5 and 6 for half-giants, desert elves, or muls if we have the karma for it?
Something tells me that a half-giant pickpocket that wants to be adopted by a GMH family could be a heart-warming romp for the whole family.
Heh, or just imagine, a desert elf that wants to get embroiled in politics. Step one: get the fuck out of the desert.

Feel free to modify however you want for your own random outcomes. The thingy I'm working on with brytta will include those options...optionally, if you want to also roll for karma options.

You guys are coming up with some funny combinations, teehee.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Okk...

I got a female city elf from the Labyrinth. A warrior who wants to become a clan leader.

Ah dear.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I am like the best dwarven female whore in allanak... Oh? Concept.. hahahahha I wonder how that would go.