Author Topic: I went on a date..  (Read 362580 times)

MeTekillot

Re: I went on a date..
« Reply #6650 on: February 01, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
Do women stop playing the game where they lose interest if you show it when you're older or is that just one of those things in life?
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

Kismetic

« Reply #6651 on: February 02, 2019, 09:51:40 PM »
AFAIK that's not a thing.
"Well, Gary, if that even is your real name ...  somebody stole my computer.  Now, if you're a criminal--  Look at me! ... You have to tell me, legally, or else it's considered entrapment."  -- Andy Dwyer

MeTekillot

« Reply #6652 on: February 03, 2019, 03:30:00 AM »
I don't understand the finer points of social etiquette and on further examination it's not them, it's probably me. My transitions between attempting to subtly communicate something are probably extremely ham-fisted and cause people some discomfort. A lot of people have told me the way I move is too fast and it's unnerving and my expressions in socializing are probably the same. My mistake to lay the blame on someone else.

The 2-week ex introduced me to a nice guy. He affects a British accent a greaser persona. Has a girlfriend of a month that he's told me he loves and he still looks at me with big eyes. Not going to do anything with that until the girlfriend situation resolves itself or progresses further. He'd be excellent to have as a friend if we don't end up lovers.

Hung out with a couple who one of I knew from high school and some random guy from the bar. Fascinating to watch their dynamic with others (especially me) around. The girl of the pair being accidentally(?) flirty and the guy becoming subtly confrontational and uncomfortable with his body and manner but not his words. Managed to work the exchange of eye contact and body language enough that I don't think he has a significant problem with me though? Did get caught up in my own head about the recent break-up because of romantic subplots in the show we were watching. She became less interested the more uncomfortable I over-acted being, so maybe I should try that more often? I don't know what directions I was really communicating with via my postures though so it's possible I have a total misread on the situation.

Random guy from bar is an unknown variable and wears glasses so I can't quite tell if he has dead eyes, most of our conversations were across the room or in the dark. Seems alright so far.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 03:32:04 AM by MeTekillot »

MeTekillot

« Reply #6653 on: February 12, 2019, 12:40:47 AM »
Wondering if it's possible for me to have a fulfilling relationship with someone who isn't also on the spectrum. Neurotypical people always seem a little dull and unaware of their surroundings to me. Well-versed in the social dance but unobservant of everything else.

boog

« Reply #6654 on: February 12, 2019, 08:06:00 PM »
Is anyone truly neurotypical entirely, though? I don't think so. I think there's beauty in all facets.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #6655 on: February 13, 2019, 03:53:26 PM »
I mean no but not everyone has full-blown autism.

Riev

« Reply #6656 on: February 14, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »
Is anyone truly neurotypical entirely, though? I don't think so. I think there's beauty in all facets.

Isn't it kind of axiomatic that "neurotypical" would mean people with a typical neurology? So someone could be entirely neurotypical?
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

MeTekillot

« Reply #6657 on: March 12, 2019, 03:37:52 AM »
Boston accent guy turned out to be a horrible person all around and is trying the "with me or against me" gaslighting thing in response to me trying to get him to remove pictures of us together from his social media.

MeTekillot

« Reply #6658 on: April 21, 2019, 12:42:07 AM »
Is it wrong to flirt with people for free food?

Cerelum

« Reply #6659 on: April 21, 2019, 12:44:47 AM »
Is it wrong to flirt with people for free food?

Not at all, my girlfriend is a stripper and does it everyday.

Saves me having to buy her dinner lol.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.