Author Topic: I went on a date..  (Read 294667 times)

Mood

• Said the Whale - This Winter I Retire
Re: I went on a date..
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2008, 02:28:37 PM »
If you go out to dinner with me, I expect sex.

Wanna go to dinner sometime?
Quote from: H. L.  Mencken
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Reiloth

• Corpse Pose: B&W Film Photography
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2008, 02:41:07 PM »
If you go out to dinner with me, I expect sex.

Wanna go to dinner sometime?

Baby, for you, anything.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Belgoikiss

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2008, 03:15:32 PM »
Maybe I am at a higher thought process than someone saying I'm leading him on asking to hang out. I get along very well with people older than me and find PLENTY to talk about. Maybe I'm beyond the 'drinks mean i want you bad' And pardon me very much for being a man bashing hairy bitch for hoping that someone could hang out without pretense.

I swear to fucking god, I don't understand some of you people.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

Belgoikiss

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
What do you have in common with him? What are you going to talk about with him? Why Steve Perry truly left Journey?

In the future if you just want to be friends with someone of the opposite sex, and not lead them on. Try asking them if they want to go grab a cup of coffee or something. Establish the fact that the relationship is strictly plutonic and you’ve no interest in anything past that level of intimacy.
- Matt.

We had talked at length at work and we had plenty in common and banter went very comfortably and talking with eachother was enjoyable.

And how the fuck is coffee different than a drink? Maybe I don't like coffee? maybe I'm a lush, and when did I say I invited him to  dinner, or intentionally lead him on?
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

cyberpatrol_735

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2008, 03:26:55 PM »
A make a motion to adjourn.

For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Fnord

• An introduction to qabalah
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »
I swear to fucking god, I don't understand some of you people.

Oh the jealousy in this thread! You passed on a hookup with Chuck Norris' first cousin like it was nothin'. Most of the people in this thread would kill for that opportunity, they're just having a hard time admitting it.

Bottom line:

>
Amor Fati

bardbard#4

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »
No update from mansa yet.  Hopefully you got to watch that movie, dude.

Hey I'm gonna be back in like 8 days.  Can you make all the snow melt first though?  I don't like snow.  Especially yellow snow.  It tastes funny.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »
We had talked at length at work and we had plenty in common and banter went very comfortably and talking with eachother was enjoyable.

Huh. Sounds like an Okay guy to me.

In any case, I think Matt was trying to express how you described this guy as your average 40+ man, and you were sitting there bashing him on an internet forum to a bunch of people you don't even know. Seems kind of petty when you really think of it. Then you took it further and used him as an example of why most men are scum and we're all horny freaks, yada, yada,yada.

In any case we don't know what happened on your 'date', and therefore have little to no information on why he seemed to enrage you so much. It leaves us with no good reason to even discuss this. He could have tried to stick a carrot up your nose, or been a real douche bag or something.

P.S. I think BlackMagic0 and CyberPatrol735 are hilarious. Leave Britney alone!

Edit: I'll personally breathe heavily on every damn flake I see Bardbard#4! Get to work people, we got a lot of snow to melt, and only eight days to do it!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:11:02 PM by RogueGunslinger »

BlackMagic0

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
New Topic...

Uh.. Belgoikiss, NICE SONG.. creepy.. :P
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Belgoikiss

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »
You know rogue, you're right, I didn't have the right to call most men scum. It's just that ever since I told my friends (I had a lot of friends) that I was getting a divorce, 9 out of 10 of (what i thought were) my male friends thought it was open season. Yes, I -am- jaded over it, and yes, I went overboard, thanks for showing me.

Once again I am reminded though, that I should never complain or be too happy about anything on any forum,  because somehow, happy or sad news, it always gets bashed. Sorry for sharing what I thought an amusing story, if uncomfortable to me, and turning into yet another frag fest on the ooc.

And yes, Black, that song is fucking awesome.

BlackMagic0

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2008, 06:52:06 PM »
You know rogue, you're right, I didn't have the right to call most men scum. It's just that ever since I told my friends (I had a lot of friends) that I was getting a divorce, 9 out of 10 of (what i thought were) my male friends thought it was open season. Yes, I -am- jaded over it, and yes, I went overboard, thanks for showing me.

Once again I am reminded though, that I should never complain or be too happy about anything on any forum,  because somehow, happy or sad news, it always gets bashed. Sorry for sharing what I thought an amusing story, if uncomfortable to me, and turning into yet another frag fest on the ooc.

I listened to it a few times, to understand him... And actually thought it was not bad! Like his suit, I am jealous.

Also, we all go overboard some times.. It happens. So there is no reason for us to go on with this topic. All it is bringing up is flames and people becoming pissed over typed words. Every one.. Take a deep breath.. And CALM THE FUCK DOWN! Thank you.  ::)

« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 09:50:39 PM by BlackMagic0 »

Marauder Moe

BlackMagic0

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:25 PM »
Nice Moe, Nice.  8)

brytta.leofa

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2008, 07:03:39 PM »
http://www.livescience.com/health/080320-clueless-guys.html

The results help to tease out the underlying causes of guys' flirt-or-not mistakes. One common explanation for reports of men taking a friendly gesture as "she wants me," is based on men's inherent interest in sex, which is thought to result from their biology as well as their upbringing.

Following this idea, men and women would be aware of the same behavioral cues, but men would have a lower threshold for what qualifies as sexual interest. In contrast, women would wait for compelling evidence before labeling a behavior as sexual interest.

However, Farris and her colleagues didn't find this to be the case. Rather than seeing the world through sex-colored glasses, men seemed just to have blurry vision of sorts, overall. For instance, the college guys sometimes mistook sexual advances as pal-like gestures.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Yam

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2008, 07:11:46 PM »
Why do people spend money to do studies like this? Ugh.

mansa

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2008, 08:24:12 PM »
alas, i fell asleep while chatting with her on MSN.

she never came over.

i WENT TO WORK TODAY.

she called me tonight and said, 'hey let's go to the movies with my friends.'

I said okay.

GOING TO MOVIES NOW.  WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT GOES>
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

wildhalfling

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
 I am a male. Any friend I have that is female is a chick that I would bang if given the chance. Females think they can have male friends that arent gay and be " just friends". This works well for us. Any other males find that they would also bang out all of their female friends if the chance came about?

cyberpatrol_735

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2008, 09:48:13 PM »

Bwahahaha.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

BlackMagic0

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

Bwahahaha.

What he said. Thanks also.  8)

Cuusardo

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »
Guy got the wrong idea, happens all the time.  Doesn't necessarily make him scum, just misguided and/or clueless.  I understand your frustration though, because it can definitely be annoying.

My own personal story: Years ago I met this guy through some friends at the club I hung out at (and later worked at).  He invited me to go grab dinner with him one night, and I agreed.  While we were there, he kept wanting to hold my hand, which made me a little uneasy.  Despite the fact that he knew that I was in a relationship with someone and had been for years (and I made that very clear to him), he seemed to have the idea in his head that it was a date.  And I later found out that he'd given some of his friends the idea that it was.

I won't even get started on all the other incidents, especially while working at the nightclub, of people thinking that just because I talked to them that I was interested in some way other than just friendship or even just being polite.
Quote from: Anael
You know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Maybe42or54

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2008, 10:12:30 PM »

Either way, you got a divorce and you are free. Two Thumbs up. Freedom. All this water and not a drop to drink.
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

mansa

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:23 AM »
Funny story...

Katherine borrows her roommates car and picks me up.  We go to the independant theater to go check out a movie.  Kat also invited some other friends to show up.  It ends up being a double-date type thing.

The movie:  Funny Games.

..Little did I know what sort of movie it would be.  I was totally not in the mood to watch that sort of movie.  I turned to Kat and said, 'I'm sorry, but I'm not enjoying this movie at all.  In fact, I don't think I can handle it.'

"I think I'm going to leave," says I.  "I'm sorry, really, but I can't stand to watch this.  I'm going to leave.  I'll be in the lobby for a bit."

And I left my date in the movie theater with her two friends.

I sent her a txt message saying that I went to a local coffee shop to clear my mind.  I said that I was going to wait for them to come out of the theater and we should do something after.

I actually had a coffee, and then decided to wander a bit downtown.

I notice my friend Josh sitting with a girl at a table in a bar.  I wave to Josh, and invite myself in, and pull up a chair to their small table.  I totally interrupted their date.  I explained that I just left my date at the movie theater and they said, "Oh, that you.  Such Class! Smooth like a baby's bottom!"

I ordered a drink for myself and introduced myself to Josh's date, and we started to talk about how we knew each other.

My date finishes up with her friends at the movie, and gives me a ring.  I invite her over to the bar, and let everybody meet each other.  Then Kat says to me, "I'm sorry I picked a terrible movie!  I'm sorry!  psst we should leave here because they are on a date."

...  Not getting the hint that Josh was on a date, Kat convinces me that we should go.  So we leave Josh on his date and go to her car.

We go to my house and watch two episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation with my roommate and his girlfriend on this two-seater couch.  It was very squishy.

Then, I said that it's late, and she said, 'Yeah, I should get going home."

I reply with, "Next time we'll do something even more awesome."

"What's more awesome than walking out of a movie theater?", and I snickered and gave her a hug and she left with a smile.

DO YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:38:06 PM by mansa »
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

AmandaGreathouse

• Inspiration on Tap:
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2008, 02:41:33 AM »
I do, just nosy that way.....
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2008, 02:55:41 AM »
Me, too.  How long's it gonna take, Mansa?

Bets?

If she actually called you after you ditched her at the movie theater, I'd say your chances are pretty good.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 03:02:38 AM by Ourla »
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

veryalien

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »
http://www.livescience.com/health/080320-clueless-guys.html

Reminds me of that film, revolving doors or sliding doors (forgot its name). In any case a woman in that film yells at her boyfriend and says something along the lines of: of course you aren't supposed to know what I want, I'm a woman! We're mysterious like that!

More often than not reading anything into anything is useless. Women (and men) will use their sex appeal to manipulate people. My rule of thumb has always been that if someone is interested me in they should just make their move. I do the same. Who gets their feelings hurt from having someone come onto them in a polite way?