Author Topic: I went on a date..  (Read 227386 times)

Belgoikiss

I went on a date..
« on: April 05, 2008, 04:30:51 PM »
with Chuck Norris' first cousin.

See, I am now realizing that most men are scum they think you want their dick if you say 'Hey, let's hang out and grab a drink some time.'

I didn't ask for a fucking date.

I said let's hang out some time.

He thought it was a date. ~_~

I didn't say, "Hey, guy my dad's age, would you please rock the cradle of love?"
For fucks sake, dudes, if you're 48 and a 25 year old chick wants to hang out, unless you're a multi-millionaire and famous, not a lame fuck working a minimum wage job, she doesn't wanna bang you.

On the up side, I got to express my hate for Chuck Norris to someone that could actually tell him for me. That's still not getting him sex.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:32:39 PM by Belgoikiss »
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

Sokotra

Re: I went on a date..
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »
That was one of the weirdest posts I've seen in a while.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 05:13:32 PM »
Eh... if a girl asked me to hang out and have a drink some time, just the two of us, that sounds like a date to me.  Does that make me scum too?   :-\

Though, I probably wouldn't accept if she was ~20 years younger than me.

Especially because that would mean she was 6.

Mood

• Said the Whale - This Winter I Retire
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:16:21 PM »
Eh... if a girl asked me to hang out and have a drink some time, just the two of us, that sounds like a date to me.  Does that make me scum too?   :-\

Though, I probably wouldn't accept if she was ~20 years younger than me.

Especially because that would mean she was 6.

Perfect age, man. It'll only take one drink, maybe two tops.
Quote from: H. L.  Mencken
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Riev

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:18:38 PM »
I gotta admit, if a good looking girl said "Hey lets hang out sometime" and nobody was with us, I'd think it was a date. Everyone -says- age doesn't matter in love, so where are all those people in THESE situations?

Also. Mood. Simply amazing.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

manonfire

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
Hey Julie -

Wanna grab a drink?

Bogre

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:24:49 PM »
Very grey area. You ask a friend to hang out and get a drink it means one thing...if you don't know another person that well and you ask them to hang out and get a drink, can be interpreted as lets bump it.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 05:40:03 PM »
I'm definitely going to have to agree with most of the others here. If a girl I hardly know asks me to go have a drink with them, I'm probably going to think it's a date of some sort. If it's a friend of mine... Then it's just hanging out and having a drink.

Edited to add: That is not to say I'd treat it exactly like a date, because this is a sort of grey area. I'm not going to pull out all the dating game. I'd just go expecting to have a drink with a cute girl... And hope she gets totally plastered and finds me charming. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:44:15 PM by RogueGunslinger »

Vessol

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
Yeah the asking for the drink most guys would look at it as a date invitation if they don't really know her.

brytta.leofa

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:15:06 PM »
Holy chalton.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:14:36 AM by brytta.leofa »
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Vessol

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 06:22:41 PM »
Funny, I am probably at the height of hormones at the age of 17 yet I am near fucking asexual.

mansa

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 06:26:37 PM »
i'm going to go on a date tonight.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Riev

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »
Funny, I am probably at the height of hormones at the age of 17 yet I am near fucking asexual.

The other day I reproduced a half a human being. No idea how it happened, but he's got hands, eyes, and enjoys Arm, so I guess its ok.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Cutthroat

• Helper
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 06:52:08 PM »
What do they say about guys whose cousins maxxed out their 'kick'?

Bogre

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 06:54:59 PM »
Edited to add: That is not to say I'd treat it exactly like a date, because this is a sort of grey area. I'm not going to pull out all the dating game. I'd just go expecting to have a drink with a cute girl... And hope she gets totally plastered and finds me charming. ;)

Exactly true. You don't do the whole dinner/date thing, just drinks, heh.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

manonfire

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 07:00:43 PM »

What's his name?

Shoka Windrunner

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 07:15:40 PM »
I live in Iowa.  I'm male.  I'd love to have drinks with someone who plays Arm.  Male or Female.  However I will not be kanking males.  Sorry. 

For the femmes, it's optional.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Hot_Dancer

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 07:25:02 PM »
Chuck Norris types or fans do not exist in Texas.

Oh a cousin, misread..woops!

The, go out and be friends stuff works better with non alcoholic beverages. Coffee or Lunch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 07:27:01 PM by Hot_Dancer »
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 07:46:48 PM »
I live in Iowa.  I'm male.  I'd love to have drinks with someone who plays Arm.  Male or Female.  However I will not be kanking males.  Sorry. 

For the femmes, it's optional.

Gives me an idea for an Arm dating service.

mansa

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 07:57:24 PM »

What's his name?

katherine

i'll let you know how it goes. 
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Gimfalisette

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 08:44:04 PM »
Well, if I'm going on a date, I damn sure expect sex. Also I expect recreational fun (could take varying forms), a good meal, and probably a mocha, all paid for by him, unless I've said up front I'm paying for some part of it. And good, interesting conversation is essential. And an upbeat attitude and good sense of humor. Also, my date should be polite and do things like open doors for me, compliment me, and generally be a gentleman.

I'm really, really ultra-picky about who I date, though: My husband.

I don't think I'd personally be offended if some guy I was hanging out with / went out with / whatever thought it was a "date date" and I didn't. Who cares if he expects or wants sex? That doesn't mean it's going to happen. Dating is not a sex vending machine.
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

FuSoYa

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 09:05:27 PM »
Did you go to the Loophole Julie?

Brandon
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Belgoikiss

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »
No, I went to Riprocks, and, I am totally sheltered I guess. Or maybe just because I'm a chick, when someone asks me to 'hang out' I don't take it as 'DATE' If I asked him to a dinner and movie, dressed up and didn't... bah fuck it. I'm just retarded, and got suckered into a date with Chuck's cousin. This still angers me greatly. I hate being a blonde sometimes. And you people quit calling me Julie :PI don't know who the fuck Julie is.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

FuSoYa

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2008, 10:02:19 PM »
Well, if I was in Denton I'd take you out to Pancho's and even let you raise the flag!

Brandon
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

brytta.leofa

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2008, 10:27:45 PM »
Or maybe just because I'm a chick, when someone asks me to 'hang out' I don't take it as 'DATE'

Dude, you've played female PCs, right?  ;)

I've found myself missing that stuff with non-male PCs, but I figured it was because of my own non-femaleness.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.