5. The Destroyer
Davaz and/or Pendeh
6. The Sneak
Adlok
7. The Spy
Alkyone
8. The Hero
Barvel
9. The Surprise (this is someone who came from nowhere to do great things)
Halfear
10. The Honorable Mention
Zirq

As an aside:
AOD needs some oldschool mention like Garrick or Htanyal, two guys who set the template for the corrupt, angry scheming bastards you'd fear, southerners need to include folks like Lawrence Oash.  Over who knows how long some of the names become lost in memory and the characters that were innovative and inventive become a standard with the mud cruising into so many years.  Every couple years some super hero sort like Thrain shows up, or some uber baddie like Vis...in new forms, with their new schemes and ideas, but building off the beautiful archtypes that made this game great in the old days and continue that tradition on.

When I say Kithian was the best scheming bastard I ever saw, if you knew him you know there's some truth to it.  Or perhaps the fact that someone like Mordaga could keep folks out of the Tablelands simply by fear of the name itself, this is the awesome.  Generations come and go in the game, Mordaga gives way to Chrol, and whispers of short descriptions make their way into taverns and drunken conversation at APMs. 

Old school merchants before crafting made making money easier like Khann, building an empire off of two kanks and barter.  The oral tradition and training regimen of the Kuraci Outriders.  The consistency and long life of -several- Kadian pcs who help keep that House running and interesting.  (I'll admit it took me nearly a decade to get someone in there). 

I've lost touch with many, many old friends over the time since I started playing but have seen the game evolve and change, some for the better, a little for the worse, but it flourishes and continues and is a brilliant little nook in the internet.

If I had the ability to give kudos to everyone I've ever interacted with who I felt made me a better player or more creative mind, I would do so.

For the roleplayers:

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition

It's very difficult to choose roles for clans that have had characters consistently populating them for over 10 RL years.  I haven't seen any Kurac lists with people like Morcash (the well-fed half elf), but it was his assassination at a Great Merchant House meeting called by the southern templarate that created the foundations for years of gameplay to come.  They also don't include Neithan/Daedheldin, who was the original argosy-driving, steel-wielding Kuraci assassin that was the bane of many-a-character.

He happened to be the character that stole my dwarven spice runner's wagon and drove it into the gulch between Luir's and Allanak, where it has remained a fixture for many, many years.

I haven't seen any Guild lists that include its first leader (Arendor/Severin) or one of its first enforcers (Rals).  Nor have I seen lists mention characters that greatly engaged many of its denizens in the earlier days such as Dar and Goldy.

I haven't seen Kadian lists include Medichi, who was probably the single most responsible PC for Kadian survival and success in the northlands and for whom Radoon was an employee.  Nor have I seen many mentions of Ysania or Eldor, who helped to run Kadius for many years despite their many enemies.

If you mention villains, you need to include characters such as Wolf and Vis of the early Blackmoon, Sunjar the elven assassin, etc..

If we talk about money makers, we need to include Ana and Mackeli of House Kohmar.  Few people know all of the founding members of House Kohmar, but I'm fairly certain they were comprised of Ana, Mackeli, Onyxwolf, Deaden, and Larth.  This was back in the day where you had a fixed ldesc.  Onyxwolf was always "playing with a twig of agafari."

To forget Aryk al'Azia in any list would be a shame simply because he was the driving factor in the total success that was the Gypsies before they settled down.  They were a fresh and interesting concept that was both completely new and completely fit within the realm of Armageddon, and he was one of the main reasons it was realized.

While there have been many scary southern templars in Garrick, Houndin, Htanyal, and Ihsahn -- there were also early ones like Faust that used to scare the bejeezus out of me whenever they entered the same room as my character.

We'd also be remiss in not mentioning some of the stronger warriors in the game such as Takryn, Thanos, Gemhdar, and likely several others that I cannot recall.

There are so many wonderful characters that have come and gone through the world of Armageddon, it's difficult to have a true list without mentioning many of them -- but it's definitely fun for threads like these to keep names from the older days fresh on the lips of people who never had the chance to know them.

-LoD

Quote from: Ender on April 09, 2008, 04:07:20 PM
And just to prove a point, here's AoD

1.  Ihsahn
2.  Sathis
3.  who needs money when you're in the AoD?
4.  Daejaye
5.  Aquilla (she was scary)
6.  Dora
7.  Kazyn
8.  Boopsie
9.  Kishimie
10. Druell

I think this team would also be its own worse enemy.  I can't see the majority of these people working together.  They would tear each other apart and scheme against one another more than they would against any other team  :P

Quote from: LoD on April 10, 2008, 12:06:39 PM

We'd also be remiss in not mentioning some of the stronger warriors in the game such as Takryn, Thanos, Gemhdar, and likely several others that I cannot recall.

You mention Takryn, and it makes me think of his wicked lifemate Tasha.  She had to have been the reason why the whole "There is no sexism in Armageddon" idea came about.  I think I saw a half dozen times personally the seduction of getting into a spar with "the girl" only to have her destroy the burly guy and go back to drinking.

I'll throw Ulathe, Serbitar and Varg as well as some warriors I saw do some fun things when it came to destruction.

Quote from: Grey Area on April 10, 2008, 05:02:29 AM
Not mentioning any names: My [OotS-erized] Kadian dream team.

You know who you are.

That is just so cute.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Sorry LoD, Even I'm not that long in the tooth. ;)
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

The Golden Summer of 2006: Tuluk Crew

DISCLAIMER: "Some of these dudes are probably still kickin' it, we neither confirm nor deny their vitality" - jstorrie

1.  An Ultimate Leader: Elithan Winrothol

2.  Their Second in Command: Ardan Lyksae

3.  The Driving Money Earner: Maerylin Konviwedu

4.  The Ultimate Scheming Bastard/Bitch: Cammul Tenneshi-Kassigarh

5.  The Destroyer: Yellow Belly <3

6.  The Sneak: Jochebed Abishai of Elkinhym

7.  The Spy: Felysia Kassigarh

8.  The Hero: Zeiri of Irofel

9.  The Surprise: Door of the Mal Tanden

10. The Honorable Mention: Zak (late to the party!)
11. The Dramatic Villain: The Plainsman
12. The Skull-Laden Dude - Detal Black
13. One Schemer Too Many - Yhaty
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Faithful Lords Ardan & Elithan: Zalanthas' #1 A+ good-cop/bad-cop crew. Loved these dudes.

Quote from: Reiloth on April 10, 2008, 06:38:53 PM

:D That girl -did- charge a pretty penny for her services. Now I'm trying to remember what I needed it all for!

Those were good times indeed.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Baaaahahaha.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

It's true! Dude had skulls on all his shit! I think he even bought one of those skull-embroidered black codpieces from the costume shop. You know how you sometimes see a guy who's got azure doodads on every inventory slot, or is wearing nine different scorpion-embroidered, scorpion-carapace scorpion holders? Well, I seem to remember Detal Black having skulls, like, everywhere. I bet if his player did a >key skull he'd get a whole page of scroll. Skulls, by the way, obviously mean that a guy is totally Bad 2 The Bone.

Detal once lectured Mae on how a good "artist" (Tuluki lingo!) would never wear all black, because it was too obvious. Then he started going around wearing all black. I'm still vaguely confused.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

I think that people with massively flowery emotes deserve some recognition.

Anath
Adept
That one guy that hung around the 'rinth and had a thing for his door-creak voice, and penumbral pall.
The crippled Borsail lord.

April 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PM #88 Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:32:09 PM by jmordetsky
While I love X-D's byn squad. I think I also must list (which may piss people off but wuteva) Joe's fav Rinth crew of all time:

1.  An Ultimate Leader: Ahmul/Nero
2.  Their Second in Command: Gin
3.  The Driving Money Earner: Gin
4.  The Ultimate Scheming Bastard/Bitch: Krath's dude. I can't remember his name.
5.  The Destroyer: Quick
6.  The Sneak: Marin
7.  The Spy: Salo the Drovian
8.  The Hero: Dagun!!!!
9.  The Surprise: Hurn (and quite a surprise it was *thud*)
10. The Honorable Mention: Eye. (Poor Eye...sorry) and Sludge, there are way more...lots of people who died out...
11. The Dramatic Villain: Quick
12. The Skull-Laden Dude - Um, all of us?
13. One Schemer Too Many - Gin

If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

DISCLAIMER: "Some of these dudes are probably still kickin' it, we neither confirm nor deny their vitality" - jstorrie

1.  An Ultimate Leader: Elithan Winrothol

2.  Their Second in Command: Ardan Lyksae

4.  The Ultimate Scheming Bastard/Bitch: Cammul Tenneshi-Kassigarh

5.  The Destroyer: Yellow Belly <3

6.  The Sneak: Jochebed Abishai of Elkinhym

7.  The Spy: Felysia Kassigarh

8.  The Hero: Zeiri of Irofel

9.  The Surprise: Door of the Mal Tanden

10. The Honorable Mention: Zak (late to the party!)
11. The Dramatic Villain: The Plainsman
13. One Schemer Too Many - Yhaty

I created the Thief's Union that summer :)
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Hhahaa, I think my guy's name was Blackman
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Quote from: mansa on April 10, 2008, 11:14:23 PM
I created the Thief's Union that summer :)

I really wish that had lasted longer with the originator than it did.

Zeiri and Door were really mean to Detal, and made up mean songs.

QuoteIn warbling off key, tilting her head back, you sing, in sirihish:
     "For all your assassination needs
      Find Detal, he aims to please!
      But really, he is very gentle
      And never, ever, ever, mental."

Gesturing with his small red fruit, the pearl-haired, azure-eyed young man recites, in sirihish:
     "Detal, Detal, he's so skilled
      Just think of all those guys he killed!
      And really, he is very bold:
      Some were over ten years old."

Detal.  If you're out there.  We really did love you.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Detal, if you're out there, you were my first PK.

We enjoyed your skull-laden loot.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

I'd like to see Cold on a Guild list.
"Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow."

-Aaron Burr

Quote from: jmordetsky on April 10, 2008, 10:27:41 PM
While I love X-D's byn squad. I think I also must list (which may piss people off but wuteva) Joe's fav Rinth crew of all time:

1.  An Ultimate Leader: Ahmul/Nero
2.  Their Second in Command: Gin
3.  The Driving Money Earner: Gin
4.  The Ultimate Scheming Bastard/Bitch: Krath's dude. I can't remember his name.
5.  The Destroyer: Quick
6.  The Sneak: Marin
7.  The Spy: Salo the Drovian
8.  The Hero: Dagun!!!!
9.  The Surprise: Hurn (and quite a surprise it was *thud*)
10. The Honorable Mention: Eye. (Poor Eye...sorry) and Sludge, there are way more...lots of people who died out...
11. The Dramatic Villain: Quick
12. The Skull-Laden Dude - Um, all of us?
13. One Schemer Too Many - Gin

14. Biggest Bitch: Spider
15. Biggest Bitch-Fucker: Inrof

Oh Sludge.

I'd contend the Hero slot and give that to Hekro, and switch money maker / sneak with Marin and Gin.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

LMFAO, LauraMars.

I started playing Arm that summer, right around the same time as Gimfalisette.  I had a Kadian in Tuluk under First Hunter Ojun.  I'm excited because for once, I recognize some of the name in one of these remember-when threads.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

The Golden Summer people may not have been the baddest or the toughest in Zalanthan history, but they were the funnest. If I'm going to pick an all-star cast to play with, I'm going for the fun ones.

Plus us people who started playing after the towers fell need a little love, too. I can't remember jack before Bela and Pearl or so. Sargax? Never heard of him.

The 'rinthi crew list is way too recent..I'd been playing like some are still alive.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on April 11, 2008, 08:46:06 AM
The 'rinthi crew list is way too recent..I'd been playing like some are still alive.
I don't think everyone posting here is making sure that characters mentioned are dead.

At the very least, I know for a fact several people mentioned were alive within the past year.

People doing this are probably going to get this thread locked.  :(