What is missing from Armageddon.

Started by Abascal, April 23, 2003, 10:52:52 PM

Armageddon is seen to be one of the most realistic muds in the world, in terms of death, and injury, etc. however. It is missing one thing that makes it compleatly unrealalistic..... can any one guess?...........................if you guesed bathroom you are correct. Where dose the shit of zalanthas go? in the sand? i guess not. Why is it that people do not have wastes, is it because we are all constipated?

ifyour gonna add somthin' knew to the game try some bathrooms. or an outhous just maybe....

Hopefully this isn't too IC....Join the Byn.

Otherwise, just assume the necessary facilities are there and you virtually use them. I've yet to see a PC sleep through every IC night, so I think you can forego certain things and just assume they virtually took place.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

a) I don't need that level of realism.

b) There -are- latrines in the game.

Quote from: "Abascal"if you guesed bathroom you are correct. Where does the shit of zalanthas go?
I think the Brady Bunch developed Zalanthas.

Alleyways. Kept for fires.

Outhouses I imagine wouldn't work too well in cities because you have to constantly move them (no idea how the Byn gets around this). But I imagine shit would be kept for fires, and the piss would evaporate.

Given enough time, shit breaks down.  

However, I'm surprised no one's invented quicklime in Zalanthas: basically you take limestone dust (the natural byproduct of working limestone, which is used in buildings in game) and bake it in an oven, and you get quicklime. Quicklime, when shoveled into an outhouse, latrine, etc., will deodorize it. The process would only need to be repeated a few times an IC year. It's a very cheap product, since the dust/shavings would go to waste otherwise, and all you have to do is bake them.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

There are a fairly extensive set of sewers, implying there is some sort of sanitation device. Although the only actual bathroom type place Ive seen is in the Byn.

Ive heard rumors of tubs and private wash facilities with running water and a zalanthanized toilet, but for now they are just rumors.

Realism is great.  Realism adds so very much to the world of Zalanthas, but I for one DO NOT want coded bodily waste ejection!

There is enough 'shit' (pun intended) for my PCs to do and to worry about in the realm of Zalanthas already.  I don't want to have to worry about my PC being in combat, the act of bowing and scraping before a noble for favors, discussing dark, secret plans for usurping Tek's throne, or skronking that buxom lass he met in the pub last night and suddenly have to 'water the inix' or take a dump!   :evil:

As far as descriptive realism and roleplay goes, there is PLENTY in ArmageddonMud!  Just take a look around you!  You can find filthy little street urchins squatting in the dust of the road, or dung and other filth-heaps piled in the low sections of cities, etc.

Now admittedly, I'm a freak, but please tell me you're not proposing that someone code the need for characters/beasts to occasionally drop a turd or drain the main vein.  That's just fucking insane!   :evil:

Tek-damned fecalphiliacs!   :twisted:
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

:lol: @ the entire post

Quote from: "naatok"Realism is great.  Realism adds so very much to the world of Zalanthas, but I for one DO NOT want coded bodily waste ejection!
I think he just meant have them in there for RP purposes. Perhaps sell a few "potties" (whatever they're really called) for people without drains (just don't walk too close to windows  :twisted:), have a few public toilets. That sort of thing. In Ancient Rome IIRC, relieving yourself was actually a very social event, and you would use a brush to wipe yourself with, and share it around with your mates  :wink:

Not porposing we do something like that in Arm, just putting out ideas.

(That post sounded WAY too ACish  :shock:)

Quote from: "John"I think he just meant have them in there for RP purposes. Perhaps sell a few "potties" (whatever they're really called) for people without drains (just don't walk too close to windows  :twisted:), have a few public toilets. That sort of thing.

I have seen merchants selling ceramic containers with tight fitting lids, these could be used as chamber pots.  I've also seen some latrines, midden heaps, and have witnessed PCs taking a piss.  

Most of this has been left virtual.  I've been on a couple of estates that had extensive gardens, but no compost heap in sight.  Does that mean they don't use compost?  I doubt it, the builder just didn't bother to mention where the virtual compost heap was.  Likewise I've been on estates with no mention of bathroom facilities.  Is the reason Lord Inbreed is so uptight that he has had to hold it for the last 30 years?   :P  I doubt it, he's got a stick up his ass not 30 years worth of impacted fecal matter.  A large estate would have  dozens or hundreds of rooms, but since most of them would have little RP value they are left virtual.

Quote from: "John"(That post sounded WAY too ACish  :shock:)

All your base are belong to us.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Yes... I just don't want to RP peeing. I believe people in Armageddon do it once in two or three days. So it's a little detail. Trying to pinch a virtual barmaid's back's more fun to RP. Pleeze do not add something like that. It's already hard enough to eat and drink and RP these. We need the socials, things done with other PC's, NPC's and VNPC's.
Or I'm dumb...
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]