Looking for a Role

Started by JustAnotherGuy, March 29, 2008, 03:02:11 PM

Hey there...  I recently got sadly bored of my first PC... he lasted quite a long time and well... made all of his goals.  It became hard to figure out where I would take him next and everything started becoming the same thing over and over again.  So... I sadly retired my beloved first PC and decided to take a break away from things.  Well, after talking to a few of my Arm friends, I've decided to come back and see what options are open for me.

So I ask you... the Players... what options would you have for me?  I'm interested in really anything, though my not have access to all.  I'm willing to special app if necessary and I'm more than will to play off the wall roles.  I do consider myself a decent RPer, and pretty well experienced in the Southern part of Arm.  If you wish to know more of my experience or have an offer for me or even an idea.  Please PM me.  I look forward to any and all responses.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

March 29, 2008, 05:10:57 PM #1 Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 05:12:57 PM by staggerlee
Make the opposite of whatever you made last time.

If you played a silk clad, prissy noble's aide, try making a rough and tumble idiot with a spice problem.  If you played a filthy rinthi magicker that could melt brains, try making a tuluki legionnaire.

Before you start, write out as much background as you can, and be creative.   Make it interesting, and give the character some quirks to make them interesting.  Things that totally set them apart from whatever you'd usually play.

Specifically, I know there were a couple people advertising on here for family roles, and a lot of talk of tribal desert elves.  You could look into one of those roles if they're still available.   I believe there was also a role open for a tuluki slave position, but I haven't really been paying attention to what's been filled and what hasn't.

Edit: I was going to link them to you but they're pretty easy to find.

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

I've been looking over them and a few have caught my eye, but I'm looking out options for the time being.  Then weigh the options I have and see what I can do from there.  Thanks for the advice, it's really appreciated.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Thanks to everyone that has PMed me.  I was rather supprised to all the people that did.  Thank you again... and thanks to all of you that put in suggestion for differnet concepts and words of advice.  It was greatly appreciated.

New PC is submitted...  once again it's time to have some fun.
A staff member sends:

Best of luck in your new role!

I am also looking for a role.  I recently had a character that died and stuff and it was really hard for her to find a job.  Any suggestions?

Quote from: Vivian on April 03, 2008, 01:35:10 PM
I am also looking for a role.  I recently had a character that died and stuff and it was really hard for her to find a job.  Any suggestions?

Well.. If you wish to have a easy chance making a job..

Warrior / Rangers are by far the easy-est... Join a house as a hunter, join the army (legions/arm), join the byn for the training then leave and be a indie that roams the wilds?
Play a desert elf, if you never have.. I say do it.. They are by far, awesome-sauce.

Play a tribal nomadic human?

Play in the NORTH.  8)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I played in the north and played a nomad...I dont think I know this mud well enough to make a desert elf....but, hmm..

All I have to lose is another character, right? lol

Quote from: Vivian on April 03, 2008, 02:27:15 PM
I played in the north and played a nomad...I dont think I know this mud well enough to make a desert elf....but, hmm..

Come play in Luir's!

Quote from: Nora on April 03, 2008, 02:33:33 PM
Quote from: Vivian on April 03, 2008, 02:27:15 PM

Come play in Luir's!

Nooooooo!! They eat babies!! Wait.. Thats mages... Uh.. Luirs has Nora it seems! DO NOT PLAY THERE SHE EATS PEOPLE'S BOOTS!  :o

Halflings are pretty fun.

Luirs is boring.  Tried that too.

Tribal.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I believe pretty much every clan in Allanak is hiring.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Quote from: Southie on April 03, 2008, 03:56:27 PM

Aren't they all pretty active too?

Quote from: Vivian on April 03, 2008, 03:19:43 PM

It's only boring if you're the one being boring. :P  Create an interesting character.

Quote from: Nora on April 03, 2008, 05:55:15 PM
Quote from: Vivian on April 03, 2008, 03:19:43 PM

It's only boring if you're the one being boring. :P  Create an interesting character.

Or if the only people that play there are... This guy, and This guy. And neither play much as often to trains me. :(

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 03, 2008, 05:39:40 PM
Quote from: Southie on April 03, 2008, 03:56:27 PM

Aren't they all pretty active too?

The merchant houses, the noble houses and the Arm are all very active and recruiting ic.  The byn goes without saying.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."