Welcome to the World Questions forum.

Started by Sanvean, September 19, 2002, 07:46:22 PM

This forum is intended for asking questions about the world of Zalanthas. Since IC/OOC are sometimes a fine line, try not to post things that might spoil a surprise for someone else that hasn't encountered it. If you need to ask yourself whether or not something is too IC, it probably is. Use common sense and you should be okay.

Cultural questions are fine and dandy, such as topics dealing with relations between the races, how many times one should bow to a templar, what a surmud really is, and whether or not the streets of the New Tuluk really are paved with obsidian.

There is a typo in the forum info

...languages belonga here....
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

how do u play the game???i dont kno how to start it up :evil:

Quote from: "Enortimus"how do u play the game???i dont kno how to start it up :evil:

Easiest way is go to www.armageddon.org and click on the link at the
bottom that says "ginka.armageddon.org 4050".

Just so you know, its RP intensive so when you play the game, don't say
"Do u kno how 2 git 2 Allanak?" It'll take awhile to get the language down
to meld in correctly, but it's worth it.

Good luck, and hope my character doesn't murder yours. =)

Quote from: "Enortimus"how do u play the game???i dont kno how to start it up :evil:

Also, be sure and go through the quickstart on the main page.

Add the helpers to your buddy list.

This game requires some reading, but it all pays off in the end with fantastic roleplay.

A list of player helpers is located here: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

The other suggestions you've received have been excellent ones.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: "Sanvean"This forum is intended for asking questions about the world of Zalanthas. Since IC/OOC are sometimes a fine line, try not to post things that might spoil a surprise for someone else that hasn't encountered it. If you need to ask yourself whether or not something is too IC, it probably is. Use common sense and you should be okay.

Cultural questions are fine and dandy, such as topics dealing with relations between the races, how many times one should bow to a templar, what a surmud really is, and whether or not the streets of the New Tuluk really are paved with obsidian.

edit: sorry, i googled surmud and got to this page and it quoted sanvean for some reason.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I've been an on and off player for ... ~8 years? I haven't been playing for at least two. I noticed the Tuluk closing thread  :(.

Any other shenanigans happen?

I think my PC is probably dead from old age. I played him for exactly one sitting and talked with exactly one PC at a bar. I really liked the background though... Trying to debate whether or not I want to try and plead with an immortal or not. I just didn't have time to try and play him after drafting him up and logging in once.

Is the area around Tuluk just as playable as ever, or is the close bigger than the city itself?

I think the best way to develop a game world is by letting the players influence it as much as possible
-Delerak

Scratch that bit about my PC. I was last on 3 years, 3 months, and 3 days ago lol. Surprisingly, I only aged 27 years.
I think the best way to develop a game world is by letting the players influence it as much as possible
-Delerak

The area around Tuluk is still playable and as filled with resources and monsters as it ever was. It might even be more lively now as PCs gravitate towards its "emptiness" and resources (especially compared to the south). The Atei'ta Var Desert Elf tribe is also in the general area, adding more life. Morin's is a neat if barebones village that is developing its own unique flavor.

As for your PC, since he's so old you might just want to create a new character using a similar, updated background. Bear in mind that Tuluk's closure isn't as "just OOC" as Staff initially said it would be; there was quite a bit of in-game Scary Stuff that made getting the hell out of town a very attractive proposition. While few characters would know the full story, the short of it is that repression levels got crankedup to Eleven Million with mass disappearances and resulting social unrest. The City's now in virtual lockdown by the Legion with extremely limited access.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on July 29, 2015, 01:10:45 PM
The area around Tuluk is still playable and as filled with resources and monsters as it ever was. It might even be more lively now as PCs gravitate towards its "emptiness" and resources (especially compared to the south). The Atei'ta Var Desert Elf tribe is also in the general area, adding more life. Morin's is a neat if barebones village that is developing its own unique flavor.

As for your PC, since he's so old you might just want to create a new character using a similar, updated background. Bear in mind that Tuluk's closure isn't as "just OOC" as Staff initially said it would be; there was quite a bit of in-game Scary Stuff that made getting the hell out of town a very attractive proposition. While few characters would know the full story, the short of it is that repression levels got crankedup to Eleven Million with mass disappearances and resulting social unrest. The City's now in virtual lockdown by the Legion with extremely limited access.

Huh. Thanks for the info about the social unrest.

Is Atei-ta Var currently a playable tribe?
-Delerak

Yes, it is, if you have Desert Elf karma - if not you can always special app, but I would suggest making a human character in Allanak. It is hopping with PCs.

The Akei'ta Var are currently playable, and their documentation has changed a little bit since they've re-opened to make them less isolated.

Quote from: Delirium on July 29, 2015, 01:21:55 PM
Yes, it is, if you have Desert Elf karma - if not you can always special app, but I would suggest making a human character in Allanak. It is hopping with PCs.

Yeah, I do. That's awesome. Got kind of tired of playing with the Sun Runners and the anakore one. I'll have to try this one out for a change sometime.

Quote from: manonfire on July 29, 2015, 04:01:04 PM
Epic ten year thread necro.

Oops!
-Delerak

So, is there anywhere that rain exists?
Quote from: AdamBluewear Inix pelvis
You wear a wood-carved inix strap-on on your pelvis.
etwo wood
You reach down and grasp your wood-carved inix strap-on.
kill booty

This thread is old af but I can answer I guess.
From what I've seen the average info a Zalanthatahtathiasn citizen would probably not normally know of the concept of "water from the sky"
They might know of flooding.
Those who have had ancestors actually tell stories or listen around ic or something may have heard of rain but...in this world..rain from the sky? What witch craft/nonsense is that?

February 25, 2016, 10:02:10 AM #18 Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:06:24 AM by Delirium
Rain has happened, but it is a thing of awe, fear, and legend more than a thing most would believe - unless they had lived through it.

This is the last time it rained:

Quote1596 (Year 56 Age 21)
An earthquake strikes the whole Known, being felt everywhere and by everyone. Then, a large shape crosses the sky and seems to settle over Suk-Krath, bringing complete darkness to the world. In the darkness, moisture falls from the air, and for a brief time, rain comes to the Known.

As the darkness stretches on over days and into a week, the streets of the cities become dangerous. In Allanak, rioters set fire to buildings and lynch gemmed; in Tuluk, crime runs rampant. Nobles and templars for the most part remain huddled in safety.

http://armageddon.org/world/chronology.php

If you hear someone saying they have seen rain, chances are they were simply hallucinating (due to spice, poison, whatever) and should probably be dismissed out of hand.

Rainbows don't exist either, although spectrums creted by the dispersion of light in water droplets do exist.  The word 'rainbow' is used in game in at least one object I know of.
as IF you didn't just have them unconscious, naked, and helpless in the street 4 minutes ago

Quote from: Vanth on October 03, 2004, 03:23:49 AM
A list of player helpers is located here: http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html

Is there a functional link which shows the current active helpers and staff?
The human vagabond steps forward, blocking a filthy grey rat from the curtain.
The human vagabond says, in sirihish:
     "You're not allowed in there."

Quote from: dravage on March 03, 2016, 08:38:54 AM
Quote from: Vanth on October 03, 2004, 03:23:49 AM

Is there a functional link which shows the current active helpers and staff?

For staff, use the latest staff rotation announcement in staff announcements.
No, for helpers. To contact a helper, click on the link halfway down the right side of the main Armageddon.org page.
"GET LIFE HELP"
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.