Getting it, and kudos

Started by Samoa, April 21, 2003, 12:42:35 PM

January 14, 2017, 07:36:58 PM #100 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 07:41:15 PM by Zenith
I haven't been certain if I want to chime in since I'm still six weeks shy of my two year mark. But, even though the PCs who taught me the most are quite recent, I figure they're deserving of recognition.

Aaleyah Terash - for answering literally thousands of questions, both IC and OOC. And for setting a sterling example of role play that I hopefully learned to meet.

Lucith Borsail - for teaching me just how kind, magnanimous, and terrifying a noble can be.

Cassius - for teaching me the grittier side of the game and showing me how you can constantly try to screw over your best friend and still love one another.

I wouldn't be the player I am without these three.

Quote from: Zenith on January 14, 2017, 07:36:58 PM
Lucith Borsail - for teaching me just how kind, magnanimous, and terrifying a noble can be. .

<3

Quote from: Saiseiki on January 14, 2017, 11:05:22 AM
Quote from: LauraMars on January 13, 2017, 05:12:25 PM
(Oodles and oodles of awesome stuff.)

As a newcomer to these parts, LM, this was an incredibly helpful post.  It also must have taken a good deal of time and thought to write up.  Much obliged.

You are welcome.  I have been thinking of doing another round of way-back-when kudos with examples! It was fun to take a trip down memory lane.

It is interesting to note that when I think of the people who influenced my play the most, and I see the people mentioned in this thread, there is a high percentage of leader PCs among them. (I do have fond and enduring early memories of non-leadership/sponsored roles as well, which I will try to focus on next.) It just goes to show that as a leader, there is a high chance new players are watching you, forming first impressions on the game based on your behavior, possibly falling in love with the setting thanks to you. People look up to their leaders. It is just human nature.

Food for thought. No pressure, guys! ;)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."