Getting it, and kudos

Started by Samoa, April 21, 2003, 12:42:35 PM

Every now and then a thread comes up that more or less asks... "When did you 'get' it?  When did the game click for you?"  Well.... this isn't one of those threads.

But, what it is, is a thread to ask.... who helped you do it?  What people did you interact with that made everything 'click' for you?  Who really brought you to an awakening that there's actually a whole world out there, and not just you and the room you're in?

For me...

Kholdarian Oash
Koeishna Oash
Ihsahn Kasix
and
Shylon Borsail

What about you guys?  Who do you owe it all to?
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

Marius Tor.
Harik & Adea.
Merchant Giselle for Kadius.
Radoon.
Tor Dwarf Kirn.

And my computer teacher, Olafson, who I've made lots of characters to be his lackies.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Berlian Lutalo
Kroz
The Bushman

Kieran Kadius
Gerrol
ack to retirement for the school year.

Ned.  Unfortunately I was eaten shortly after meeting Ned, so i never did get to try out that weed he was always chewing on.

Filthy bastard.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Berlian Lutalo
Karleon Kadius

Riri
templar sadiv
lashana
house Oash (and everyone invovled)

and no help what so ever by player Creeper... the one who got me to join before leaving my poor character helpless.  :P  :?

Esp. thank you to all the poor players who have given me their AIM and have been bombarted with newbie questions ever sense.  :)
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Radoon.
Medichi Kadius.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

For me:

Alkyone
Rhydun
Tascha & Takryn
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

Quote from: "Laeris"For me:
Tascha & Takryn

Mmmm... Someone from the imm community admits they "got it" from those two.

Nothing like netsex before the revamped emote system:

the bronzed swordsman fondles you.

You say in sirihish, pointing madly at the ridiculously skinny woman:
    "Not me! Her!"
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

The character who helped me out is still alive ;)

Ok so yeah there is another so I'll say it, but If your still alive PM me or something so I can take it off real quick-like :?

Sargeant Haldane

Red (the one in charge of the Red Rose Rebellion :P)
The guy who dobbed me into a Templar
The guy who just sat there and watched me get carted off
The people who scorned me before I was killed
The Templar who ordered my death

:D

(Well I didn't "get" it with them. But they did make my first impression extremely good ;) I never actually had a "aha!" moment, I've just been slowly getting it with all my characters  :roll:)

Kilashi
Jak
Liss
Berlian

In that order.

Kieran Kadius
Emon

:)

Both of these players I met in 1999 and they were a big influence on helping me learn how to enjoy rp'ng alone. How to think beyond the props that one could visibly see and to use the virtual world more.

This isnt saying that others havent been a big influence since but the post was about whom helped you 'get it'. These two players where the ones that got me addicted to ARM by their fine examples of rp.

I dont know if I should thank them or strangle them for the addiction.  :)

*wink*
color=violet]If life was like a box of chocolates we would spend all day inside being poked and eaten.[/color]

I'm seeing a lot of Kadians (Family, merchants and guard alike) Interesting

I'd have to say for me, that the ones who helped me "get it" were also some of the people that I had the most fun with as well. Not only did they bring the game world to life, they did it in a way that was funny and awe-inspiring at the same time. I only hope that my current ways of RP are a credit to what I learned from them.

And as I know for a fact that none of these people are still alive, I don't feel wrong in listing them by name.

Ceridwen (a good bard, and an even better friend)
Iakovitzes Tor (showed me the true nature of the nobles)
Menolly(an all around good friend)
Willu/Lilu (a great guard, good friend, and her nickname was the best, go "Tits"!)
Reina (You made a great roommate, and I know we all had loads of fun!)
Kojiro (There's NO way to forget him!)
Lord Templar Isahn (a scary guy, a great RPer)
There are some others who I don't know if I can list because I don't know if they are still alive. But for those of you who figured out who I played, you know who you are.
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz"That is, at least, a step in the right direction, even if it is a step off the Shield Wall."

Thrain
Doom
Vis & Wulf (scariest PCs that ever lived)
the magick-weaver guy

Dyrinis

Amurac A'zak
Kojiro Fale
Basil (Great Half-giant Rper :))
and then the 'long-haired' noble from awhile back that taught me never to refer to a noble as 'Sir'.

Niethan Kurac
Ra
Samah
Thrain Ironsword
Thanos
any Daeglin
Lawrence Oash
Garrick the Red
Sargax Kurac
I wish it hurt to be dumb.

Davis
Sargax
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

I actually forgot to mention a few

Darien, Derien (There were two, just don't remember the exact spellings, since one was with an a, the other, an e)
Jyran
Naomi

Darien was the dwarf who hung out with Liss and left for Salarr.
Derian was the human who became Sergeant.

Ysania Morlaine (You go girl!)
Ihsahn Kasix (Go you evil Templar-Dude!)
Berlian Lutalo, Lius and Shade
Iakovitzes Tor
Ceridwen (Good Bard - Wonder what he'd think of Poet's Circle)
Nerissa Oash
Pearl (There's a lady who had it all)
Sujaal and Grausam (Had to have the best Byn I've ever played with)
Kiraam (Damn good elf)
laloc may be permadorked, but I am the Permadork!

In order of importance:

Chyra
(thanks for all the great Rp sessions, you really got me to love the game and you're probably one of the best Rpers I've been around)

Brok
(was the one reason I kept coming back to play in the byn, you made the byn enjoyable)

Khalad
(was the dude my first character was friends with, got me hooked on arm)

Bones
(I played with him many times, and he really made everytime enjoyable, dunno if you're still alive out there though)
Nakrat

It will FUCK you up good *~Kurac