Southerner Half-Elf in Labyrinth?!

Started by RoannTantreal, February 18, 2008, 11:40:25 PM

Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

If you asking if a half-elf from the south starting in the rinth is stupid? Then no. The rinth is where all those filthy breeds should be thrown. Heh, so it should be perfectly IC to be a half-elf from the rinth.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

It would be stupid if he was wearing normal looking clothes.

The 'rinth is the ghetto.  You don't go there wearing a t-shirt and jeans.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Mansa, have you ever been to a ghetto?

People wear t-shirts and jeans.

He is canadian.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

People in Canadian ghettos wear blazers and slacks.

In the 'rinth, people wear rags and sacks.

Quote from: Yam on February 18, 2008, 11:59:46 PM
Mansa, have you ever been to a ghetto?

People wear t-shirts and jeans.

Expensive ones, usually.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

There is a difference between a ghetto and slums. There is a difference between countries with welfare checks, frozen rent, and government assigned residences and countries with ... none of that. Bums sometimes wear jeans and t-shirts aswell. Except they were worn for two months straight, and are by now ... rags.

LMAO, Yam.

Sorry, I have nothing productive to contribute to the discussion. 
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Quote from: Yam on February 19, 2008, 01:59:39 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjoYzLBp34o

If this is the rinth.. I love it even more!  8)

PS I love this movie. ^^
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I guess he meant to ask if a half-elf with southern city (not rinthi) accent is fine in the rinth. Yes it's fine, but keep in mind that rinthers are a tight bunch and will generally distruct people that are not 'one of them', as in who were not born there. It might be a little harder to form contacts in the rinth, and to survive, without the proper accent.

Quote from: Akaramu on February 19, 2008, 04:07:16 AM
I guess he meant to ask if a half-elf with southern city (not rinthi) accent is fine in the rinth. Yes it's fine, but keep in mind that rinthers are a tight bunch and will generally distruct people that are not 'one of them', as in who were not born there. It might be a little harder to form contacts in the rinth, and to survive, without the proper accent.

What she said...   It perfectly fine for you to have another accent and be in the rinth, as long as you have a IC reason.. Family, Friends, Running from this or that, so forth and so on.. Just remember these words, "We 'alley-rats' don't be likin' yah south side snobs." At least, they'll be more bold when -you- are in -their home-. Think of the Rinth/south side as two different worlds, you step into one.. Everything changes, same for stepping back out.. and such.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

I meant southerner as in Red Storm Villager.

That far south.

I've always thought that the 'rinth was just the hack and slash area of Arma.

/ in before 'rinth fans shudder and convulse with the "BUT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND" sentiment
// yep, played there a couple times
/// slashies

Just remember that it's a filthy, smelly, dangerous place, and that your character will be not just a half-elf, but an outsider.

I would think that most everyone who wasn't born in the Labyrinth would prefer to avoid the place.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: RoannTantreal on February 19, 2008, 09:02:21 AM
I meant southerner as in Red Storm Villager.

That far south.

I would say that Red Stormers would be very likely to end up in the 'rinth or be a part of some of the stuff that goes on there.

Or maybe there's a good IC reason for it.  Got an IC problem with it?  Do something IC about it.  As with everything, be prepared for consequences.

Oh, and STFU about recent IC events and goings-on.

Fuck, I move that this thread be moderated due to a) its contributing nothing useful and b) its verging perilously close to too much IC info.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

QuoteI've always thought that the 'rinth was just the hack and slash area of Arma.

These days it's the only non bunny-hugging (and fucking) area of Arma. Or maybe that's always been the case?

Quote from: Akaramu on February 19, 2008, 04:07:16 AM

Uh... what? There might be gangs and tribes that are a tight bunch, but from what I've seen/know, 'rinthi in general aren't some big happy family: they might distrust outsiders, sure, but they distrust other 'rinthi as well.

No one said they are a big happy family.  ;)

Just that outsiders are often an immediate target (YUM! Some person none of the local groups care about!) while other rinthis are first given the benefit of the doubt of having backup in the alleys, or being useful to one of the groups.

QuoteUh... what? There might be gangs and tribes that are a tight bunch, but from what I've seen/know, 'rinthi in general aren't some big happy family: they might distrust outsiders, sure, but they distrust other 'rinthi as well.

Uh...have you read "What you know" for the 'rinth?

Read it: http://armageddon.org/intro/rinth.html

QuoteThe 'rinth is more than just a home to the desperate, the unwanted, or racially undesirable. Many generations of inhabitants of the 'rinth have been born, lived and died in Tektolnes' chamber-pot of human life. It is common knowledge that darker, more unsavoury organizations have embraced the chaos and turmoil of the 'rinth and made it their home. This, coupled with the fact that the general citizenry and militia of Allanak avoid this dark ghetto, has given most 'rinthers an insular "them vs. us" attitude. A person not from the 'rinth found wandering the alleys would be viewed with a deal of suspicion. After all, why would any sane person willingly come into such a filthy and dangerous place? This semi-isolation from the rest of the city also leaves the average 'rinther with, at best, a scant knowledge of what's what outside the 'rinth. The doings of noble houses, merchant houses, templars, etc. are of little meaning to most 'rinthers, whose chief concerns are getting food in their bellies and staying alive.

Quote from: Kalden on February 20, 2008, 10:59:35 AM
QuoteUh... what? There might be gangs and tribes that are a tight bunch, but from what I've seen/know, 'rinthi in general aren't some big happy family: they might distrust outsiders, sure, but they distrust other 'rinthi as well.

Uh...have you read "What you know" for the 'rinth?

Read it: http://armageddon.org/intro/rinth.html

QuoteThe 'rinth is more than just a home to the desperate, the unwanted, or racially undesirable. Many generations of inhabitants of the 'rinth have been born, lived and died in Tektolnes' chamber-pot of human life. It is common knowledge that darker, more unsavoury organizations have embraced the chaos and turmoil of the 'rinth and made it their home. This, coupled with the fact that the general citizenry and militia of Allanak avoid this dark ghetto, has given most 'rinthers an insular "them vs. us" attitude. A person not from the 'rinth found wandering the alleys would be viewed with a deal of suspicion. After all, why would any sane person willingly come into such a filthy and dangerous place? This semi-isolation from the rest of the city also leaves the average 'rinther with, at best, a scant knowledge of what's what outside the 'rinth. The doings of noble houses, merchant houses, templars, etc. are of little meaning to most 'rinthers, whose chief concerns are getting food in their bellies and staying alive.

I have. You misunderstood my meaning (as I apparently did Akaramu) - all I meant was that 'rinthi don't automatically trust each other just because they both wear dark, hooded cloaks.