A little praise

Started by spicemustflow, February 06, 2008, 04:58:00 PM

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 08, 2008, 04:45:42 AM
I really look forward to that. So far none of my chars lived long enough to get drawn in anything, usually due to my stupidity. I get overconfident and get slaughtered by a scruffy, toothless man with no arms.

edit: And nice to see that you guys had the same problem with interaction, it's gonna make it easier to crack the crowds knowing that.

My first ever character only ever interacted with two people...
1) A girl came up to him at a table, and talked with him...
2) The guy that killed him.. Ranted on about how his life is shit, before killing him.

So.. Don't worry.. I was shy too, But if you've ever met any my newer PCs.... It goes away quickly. ^^
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

February 11, 2008, 07:38:56 AM #51 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 07:42:56 AM by spicemustflow
That's the goal. I submitted a character who's entirely social, without any combat skills whatsoever in order to improve my roleplaying. And, no, it's not a whore :). We'll see how it goes. I'm a bit nervous, since the concept involves lot of subtlety, understanding of the social structure and charm.

February 11, 2008, 11:46:09 AM #52 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 12:15:18 PM by Gimfalisette
Quote from: spicemustflow on February 11, 2008, 07:38:56 AM
And, no, it's not a whore :).

What's wrong with whores! The game can always use more -good- whores :)

I first really got into ARM by playing a totally social, non-combat role (Circle bard in Tuluk). After that, I was completely hooked.

You might find, playing a social-political role, that you need help with a whole new side of the game. So I would recommend hitting up some helpers knowledgeable in politics for that.

Edited to fix formatting because I haven't had enough coffee yet.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Nothing wrong with whores, I played one, enjoyed her thoroughly, she had a very fitting end for a whore. But this one is in Tuluk, so the social aspect might be more complicated than I'm used to. Oh, Hope this isn't too IC, if it is, I'll edit the post with some spam pictures :) instead.

On a completely unrelated note: For some reason, I found that I enjoy the game more with a character that isn't Conan like, it's almost like a survival horror genre, being afraid of the desert, of what lurks in the 'rinth alleys and so on.

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 11, 2008, 12:11:16 PM
I found that I enjoy the game more with a character that isn't Conan like, it's almost like a survival horror genre, being afraid of the desert, of what lurks in the 'rinth alleys and so on.

This.  Now you are ready for fun.

Welcome to Armageddon.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

That is the most awesome way I've heard Armageddon described in a long time.

Quote from: Seeker on February 08, 2008, 12:22:29 PM
I really wish that I had joined the Byn with one of my very first PCs.  Seeing all that stuff for the first time as wet-behind-the-ears mercenary in a company of hard-case ass-kickers would have been a treat.

Seeker

[paraphrased conversation]
Lieutenant Akasha to assembled Byn: "We're going to Luir's on Contract."
Me: "Where's that?"
Sarge Marook: "North."
Me: "Why?"
Sarge Marook: "The Mantis are invading."

(A few hours later, the others holding my area are warspiced to the gills, the mantis are pouring over the walls, we're making an orderly retreat.)

Ah, those were the days...and those will be the names I remember forever.

Morrolan
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

While everyone states that a Clan is where it's at...  I would also like to mention that there are some groups out there that aren't coded clans and they really work well together.  These are the small groups that have a set of players that really have a good time.  You can easily find them sometimes by asking around the taverns and such...  but just know there is more than just clans out there in Arm.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Quote from: Morrolan on February 17, 2008, 03:39:33 PM
Ah, those were the days...and those will be the names I remember forever.

Morrolan

Byn for the win. While I don't remember the name, your halfbreed Byn sergeant really got me hooked to Arm. He was always up and around, doing stuff to kick us into action. That was before my newbie self realized that halfbreeds are icky, detestable abominations.  ;)

I really hope to play another Bynner before the world ends. But HEY... DON'T KILL MY HG TO 'HELP' ME, YOU BASTARDS!  >:(

I'm a newbie that just wants to reiterate the OP. This game is amazing, and half of that is because of the other players who play it.

My first three characters died pretty quickly, but now that I've gotten past that and figured out how to get involved with player groups, things look to be picking up really nicely.

Welcome to Crackageddon, hyzhenhok :) Don't forget to check out player helpers if you continue to have questions about OOC stuff like code syntax, emoting, and so on.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

My two sids:

I hate half of everything in this game. Half the policies, half the staff, half the players, half the directions (damn both 'north' and 'west') and am not sure I'll actually app another character if my current PC dies (which I think is unlikely, because he's entirely composed of an advanced tektanium alloy).

But holy halfgiants, this game is good.

Rarsh.. You make me.

:) <---- Smile
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Rarsh on February 22, 2008, 02:55:09 PM
My two sids:

I hate half of everything in this game. Half the policies, half the staff, half the players, half the directions (damn both 'north' and 'west') and am not sure I'll actually app another character if my current PC dies (which I think is unlikely, because he's entirely composed of an advanced tektanium alloy).

But holy halfgiants, this game is good.

Trust me, with one character, you only get to see a fraction of the awesomeness.

lol tektanium
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 06, 2008, 04:58:00 PM
want to play this thing to the exclusion of sleep, food, school, friends and relatives... Not really, but you get the point.

So Kudos to all of you who had a part in making and maintaining this mud (and making it free for all!!), and to all of you that just play in it. Keep up the good work!!!

No....really. No school, no friends, no job, little sleep.  These are not issues for my playing. And thank you guys soooo much.

Welcome to Crackageddon.   -Gimfalisette
Too true.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Morrolan on February 17, 2008, 03:39:33 PM
[paraphrased conversation]

These WERE the days. And man, we pwned those bugs.