Looking for 'family' members.

Started by Tisiphone, January 30, 2008, 11:31:54 PM

There are two types of roles. One is effectively unlimited, the other is restricted to one person. The restrictions for the latter roles are as follows:

-must play consistently with at least some of that playtime during the week being afternoons/evenings EST (so we can interact)
-must be human, unless a convincing case is stated otherwise
-must be willing and able to travel
There are a couple of other restrictions that would be too IC to go into outside of a PM, regarding character history and such. Further, I prefer a mundane guild, even a specific one, but I can't enforce that, so go figure.

The other role has only race restrictions. Everything else can be figured out, though we may never actually meet one another or do anything together. Still, we very well might, depending on your playtimes and style.
-must not be mantis, halfling, gith, or half-giant.

PM for further details if either of these opportunities intrigue you.

Edited to add: Currently existing characters can fit the second role.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

No further takers? C'mon. I still need both!
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I strongly recommend playing with Tisiphone. Excellent player, gets extremely deep into character, OOCly conscientious and responsible, and a lot of fun. I would totally do this were I not currently in a role.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Yeah I'm sort of busy playing a character or I'd absolutely do it.
The part about the "existing character" just confused the hell out of me, I have to admit.  ;D
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

The concept is simple. Your existing character might be a family member.

Hey I never claimed to be smart. ;)
That sure does clarify that. *hangs head*

It's a cool opportunity, I want to do something like this some day.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

One of the best things I ever, ever, ever did in ARM was to play a family role. It makes a character's life so rich. Got my character involved in so much crazy stuff. Major fond memories.

Quote from: staggerlee on January 31, 2008, 06:18:13 PM
It's a cool opportunity, I want to do something like this some day.

Then try it now.

Tisiphone is one of my favourite players and I heartily endorse this thread.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

One time Tisiphone tried to get me to play a "family member" and then she/he TK'd me for my newbie coins. I can't believe they haven't been banned yet.

Quote from: Yam on January 31, 2008, 07:14:28 PM
One time Tisiphone tried to get me to play a "family member" and then she/he TK'd me for my newbie coins. I can't believe they haven't been banned yet.

That's an awful bad accusation right there.  If it did happen, why didn't you send a log to the admins?  That's blatent ooc abuse to kill someone for their newb coin.

J-Rod

I am pretty sure Yam was meaning to be funny. I've never known Tisiphone to kill newbie characters, except for their boots.

Tisiphone is cool, drop a line. You'll have fun.

This message has been approved by Dan.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 31, 2008, 08:08:07 PM
I am pretty sure Yam was meaning to be funny. I've never known Tisiphone to kill newbie characters, except for their boots.

Yeah. She took my boots too. I gave her/him kudos for it.

We'll just see how this one works out.  I'm looking forward to the future on this one.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

Mkay. No more messages for people who already have characters! We're full up!

(Thanks for the response guys, makes me feel all beatitudinal.)

Still looking for someone for the first role. Any takers?

Still open. Does no one love me enough to suicide a character purely for my enjoyment?

Disclaimer: The above was a joke. The interrogative, anyway. Don't suicide your character. It makes Halaster cry.

I might love you enough to kill someone else's character to fill the role?
I kind of like mine.

As much as I'd like to pull free of my current character, I wouldn't like it.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on February 01, 2008, 11:06:57 PM
As much as I'd like to pull free of my current character, I wouldn't like it.

If you store your current character, I'll hit you.

February 02, 2008, 03:40:23 AM #20 Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:04:54 AM by BlackMagic0
Interesting... I'll throw in my 2cents, of possible people for you.

My current character, is pretty store able, since I'm not enjoying him too much.. So I would not at all really mind storing him, for something better!
And playtime, is not a real issue for me. (Central Time Zone  :o)
Either way, I wish you the best of luck!
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Ill do it, But my character is in something.. And doesn't know if he has any family or not..
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

This has been filled. Thanks to everyone who contacted me.