Zalanthas Native Creature Morphology

Started by neondragoneyes, April 18, 2003, 01:52:07 AM

I would like more detailed information on the morphology of the creatures native to Zalanthas, so I might possibly draw them for submissoin to the staff for use.

how about Mythology in general.... I see little mythology anywhere on the website.... maybe that should be added to give new a player's character some beliefs to make them seem more real and rounded off....

just a thought... maybe im missing somthing.

ohh wait... never mind.... mythology... and morphology....easy to confuse for the skimer.

Personally I'd love to see an area of the site with some player made sketches put up. However there'd have to be a warning about them bieng mere sketches and not staff condoned drawings because half the fun for me is inventing how zalanthas things look in my mind. Even so its good to know how others view the same animals and gives thoses with less imagination something to go on.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Quote from: "Dakkon Black"Personally I'd love to see an area of the site with some player made sketches put up.
There's the Origianl Submissions artwork. Is that what you mean?

Yes that place is just what we need, but there are no drawings of Zal. animals there.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Sanvean had some critters on her page, but that page seems to have disappeared...
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Hrm, I was just checking out those sketches. That greth reminds me a lot of that old NES game, Kid Icarus :D

Gawynn
Ladies and gents, we're still alive
By the skin of our teeth, now it's killing time
Angel in our pocket, devil by our side
We ain't going nowhere, cuz' heroes never die!"

Blood of Heroes - Megadeth

Of course, each creature will look different in the mind's eye of each individual. That is why I'm asking for input from you guys. It will give me a good idea of what most people see, and, though I can't please everyone, I can hit on the perceptions of the majority.

I was bored some time ago and sketched this up.

Goudra: Long and slender mammals, the sleek goudra feed mostly on the larger Zalanthan insects, but have been known to scavenge meat and fruits. Physically somewhat fragile, despite being about the length of a human, they rely on stealth and natural camoflauge both to hunt and to avoid predators. Their fur is very fine, and their hides tend to be quite supple, making these common northlands creatures one of the more prized among hunters.

:)

That looks kind of like a otter.
21sters Unite!

Now see, I was thinking SandFerret.
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

Quote from: "creeper386"That looks kind of like a otter.

Yeah, I suppose it does.  Just my interpretation of it, anyway.  Was the impression I got looking at one in-game.

From the description Id picture a more panther-like ferret.

I'd picture the body being about three times as long, but the rest of that picture is almost exactly what I had in mind.