Luirs RPT Feb 14th to Feb 17th

Started by Olafson, January 25, 2008, 02:27:08 PM

Quote from: DANCE COMMANDER on February 12, 2008, 08:34:09 AM
I will be present for the Dance competition.

Make me proud, bitch.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: cyberpatrol_735 on February 11, 2008, 10:27:08 PM
Hmm.. prime time raiding of the north road.

Brandishing his agafari longbow, the very tall hooded figure wearing a grey sandcloth facewrap says, in tribal-accented sirihish,
  ""I gon't clre waat kipd of mangy 'gouncil' jou're in!  Droq your packf!"
The flame-haired, tressy-tressed lass rolls her eyes.
The wind-swept half-elf rolls his eyes.
The limpid, watery-eyed man rolls his eyes.
The rugged, silt-toned male rolls his eyes.
Someone rolls his eyes.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 12, 2008, 01:22:54 PM

Brandishing his agafari longbow, the very tall hooded figure wearing a grey sandcloth facewrap says, in tribal-accented sirihish,
Someone rolls his eyes.

I think I love you.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on February 12, 2008, 01:22:54 PM

Someone rolls his eyes.

That's great.

Hahahaha.. yeah, that was great.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: Olafson on February 04, 2008, 06:52:00 PM
Friday, February 15th:
- Dancing Contest following auction 9 PM EST                    Note that the dance and auction have been swapped
- Kuraci Rare Goods Auction:  after the dance competition

Looks like you have a catch-22 there.  The dancing contest is after the auction, which is after the dancing thingy.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

To clarify Santa's Post:

Friday, February 15th
Exotic Dancing Contest 9 PM EST
Kuraci Rare Goods Auction - following the dance contest

Santa has obviously been overworked!!

Just a Reminder that Tall Tales and the Drinking Contest are tonight, starting at 9 PM EST (or a bit after).

If you are going to be telling a tale, please have your story ready to go and pretyped.
Also, if you could so kindly leave a pause after you speak any of the following words: (for no apparent reason)

Allanak, Tuluk, Red Storm, Red Storm East, Luir's, Cenyr, Kadius, Salarr, Nenyuk

And a big pause after the word Kurac.

Again, for no apparent reason.

Well, Kurac in my language is the male reproductive organ, so that makes it worth a pause. Anyway CAn somebody tell me what the hell are PRT and HRPT ?

Quote from: spicemustflow on February 14, 2008, 08:24:30 AM
Well, Kurac in my language is the male reproductive organ, so that makes it worth a pause. Anyway CAn somebody tell me what the hell are PRT and HRPT ?
Recommended Playing Time and Highly Recommended Playing Time.

Basically an RPT means that there is going to be stuff going on in a certain location, so if you're interested its definitely worth logging on at the specified times.

A HRPT means that there is some world shattering stuff going on in a certain location (often its multiple locations), so you should probably login and try to get involved because its going to be a lot of fun.

Thanks to everyone who made Thursday night so much fun (and tiring).

Just a reminder of the second week activities at the Luir's Festival.

Dance Contest at 9 PM EST
Auction following:

Can all dance contestants please have their routines pre typed out and ready to go.
We will try to keep the auction moving so please stay alert.

Just a note that the 9 PM EST is a guideline, and not a firm start time, similar to Thursday night.
ooc'ly we're doing the best we can to keep things to schedule, ic may be a different matter.

Enjoy!!!

February 15, 2008, 09:34:27 PM #36 Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:55:18 PM by Qzzrbl
BWAHAHAHAHA!  ;D

February 15, 2008, 09:47:58 PM #37 Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 11:12:40 PM by Vanth
Quote from: Qzzrbl on February 15, 2008, 09:34:27 PM

You could not pick a better way to make it not.

Please, don't post stuff like that on the GDB.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Hope everyone is having lots of fun, last night got pretty late and we thank everyone who could stick around.

Quote from: Olafson on February 04, 2008, 06:52:00 PM

Saturday, February 16th:
- Sled Racing: 3 PM EST
- Ginka Sauce Wrestling, 10 PM EST

Okay, this is a tough one.  For those involved in the sled racing today.  Emoting trying to handle these sleds is much more fun than typing neenesesssw or whatever the course may be.  We are really hoping that the racers will have fun with these, though we cannot force you to.  Noone involved in this race will have ever been on a sled.  Keep that in mind.

Emoting can be fun for the ginka sauce wrestling as well.  Embelish please!

Quote from: Olafson on February 16, 2008, 09:26:41 AM

Emoting can be fun for the ginka sauce wrestling as well.

There are obvious statements.... and then... there is this.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I think everyone is having a blast.

Remember guyz if you're having fun with anyone imparticular, etc etc.  Send Kudos!

My only disappointment is that they did not auction off karma points at the auction!  :'(

Otherwise, great job so far, organizers!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

You were at the wrong auction. Me, Ghost and mansa auctioned off our karma for cookies.

Quote from: Rhyden on February 16, 2008, 11:40:10 PM
You were at the wrong auction. Me, Ghost and mansa auctioned off our karma for cookies.

I thank you for the karma, and hope you enjoyed my cookies.

Sorry for the very late start to the ginka wrestling, it was imm-side delay as we worked out a problem with the script.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

I just want to thank everyone that was involved in this.  I'm sure it was a ton of work!  I had a really great time and I'm sure many others did as well.

Looking forward to the next one!   :D
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Good time. Thanks for all the work that went into it.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on February 18, 2008, 12:07:21 AM
I just want to thank everyone that was involved in this.  I'm sure it was a ton of work!  I had a really great time and I'm sure many others did as well.

Good!  Make a Kuraci Agent/Assistant and organize the next one.  I can only speak for Santa, but...I"m so glad its over!!!!

Quote from: Olafson on February 18, 2008, 03:30:17 AM
Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on February 18, 2008, 12:07:21 AM

Good!  Make a Kuraci Agent/Assistant and organize the next one.  I can only speak for Santa, but...I"m so glad its over!!!!

I'm glad too.. I'm sadden that I could not go, for a single of the days.. As it was out of RP. :( I hate RPTs that are fun, without me.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Must've been that legendary Kuraci stamina..

Thanks for running it, thanks to the players who came by and made a large effort to make it entertaining.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.