Get me a critique

Started by Ghost, January 11, 2008, 04:34:26 AM

I have a few embarrassing questions about Tuluki style, not IC at all, pretty general.  I need assistance who has a little knowledge about what a tuluki does in his/her/its daily life.

And by "a little knowledge" I meant someone who is the master of Tuluk, especially about bards.  So if you have played bards a lot, or have attended too many bardic events and would not mind a few embarrassing questions please let me know.

just so you know, if you laugh at my questions, i am going to kill you.
some of my posts are serious stuff

LOL  ???
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

I know a thing or two about bards and Tuluk. Feel free to ask.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

the role is filled thanks for all who applied

What is most brilliant about Armageddon is that anybody can do anything, and influence how the game will be shaped in the future.  You can really write this story yourself.

An example is how influential the Bards of Tuluk can be, should be, and are.  It all depends on who is running a bard, who is playing a tuluki noble, templar, and who is playing the tuluki common peoples.

You'll have some periods of the game where a Bard of Tuluk is equivalent to a noble's standing, and you'll have some other periods where they are as low as an Untouchable.

A good example is when Yang plays a Bard.  (Does he play anything else?)  Yang always plays a bard that is set to be so high in the political schemes of Tuluk.  His characters get deep into things, and shapes the environment to whatever he wants.  He believes that a 'Master Bard' should be more influential to the Tuluki Society than any noble, templar, or merchant.  So he plays accordingly.

Then you'll have another bard who plays for other reasons.  And the society changes based on who is currently active.

Even though some people may disagree with how influential a bard should be, you can do anything you want.  If you want to play your bard as if he was as powerful as a noble, you can go right ahead.  And you can get away with it, too!  Much with anything else in this game, and in real life, it's about projecting an image.  If you create an image that's believable, you'll be believable.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Actually it was not about me looking for tips to play a tuluki.  I think ginka will suffer a severe damage the day I apply for a character in Tuluk.  It is just too unnatural for the game to handle.  Doubly more brutal if I apply for a bard.  Man, think of those poor people that will listen to me.

I just wanted to get some ideas from someone who can get into a tuluki's shoes pretty easily, as I really suffer major blackouts when I try to imagine what a tuluki would feel/think/do in certain situations.

Yang plays kick ass bards.

But that's because s/he wrote the docs.

Both admirable.

I play bards too.

Bardess...playing a bard...I never connected the two... :P

J-Rod