Soh Lanah Kah....We're active!

Started by YellowCactus, December 29, 2007, 05:43:04 PM

Bit of a tangent...

Is it Akei'ta Var, Akei Ta Var, or Akeita Var?
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

December 30, 2007, 08:23:56 PM #26 Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:26:32 PM by Hot_Dancer
Shalooonsh has been absolutely excellent with the Soh and actively works to help offer roleplay outlets for what can be one of the more isolated tribes in the game. It is difficult at times and there are very strong and valid views on the (lacking) worth of heavily isolated clans in Armageddon.

The Soh are a tribe that has managed to reasonably adjust with the time in a way to provide more to the game as a whole, as well as offer a little less solo roleplay requirements to the tribe's players. Even the inner structure and culture has been altered here and there to make things more playable, but still Soh. Things used to be more strict and less defined..

In particular, Soh play is at its height when the Tablelands are active, as well as clans at their borders such as the Tan Muark or Kurac in Luirs. Granted, this is one of those, "When the planets align" kinda things, you may not see it often..and it's definitely a reason why we try to post when things are running well.

Considerable effort has gone in to try and improve the tribe even with the end of Armageddon announced and the tribe will continue to be developed until close if at all possible. Ideas are always welcome.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

;D

What he said.  I've never been a good desert elf persona, but I play a danm good crazy person.  form your character around what your good at and come drik some mud with us!
-Yc

Reading the last few posts, I think you mis-understood.

I'm not saying Shal sucks at all.  I'm just saying that it's sorta like Hot Dancer said.  You gotta get lucky and hope there is a solar eclipse, all the moons align and a purple flying kank is born without kank's disease.  To find rp a lot of times.  At least while I was playing a Soh..

With the Soh being so isolated and such, it's harder for them to find rp that it is for say a Sun Runner.  That's all I'm saying.  If you don't like to sit on your ass or run between about three key spots in the tablelands hoping to find someone.  The Soh is difficult at least for me.  I as a player like to be involved in the center of some hot plots and activities.  I don't do well when I have ran around for 45 minutes without a soul.

Plus, for as gigantic and big as the game is, the tablelands, or at least where the Soh operate, isn't all that big.  So after a week or two of running through the same landscape, killing the same critter and hauling the same skins,claws etc etc back to my camp.  I start to wonder what the greater goal is for me.  To just aimlessly run around and hunt, with some spotty (but incredibly rp'd) moments of rp?

I think it really goes by the person, some people are really good at playing the lone wanderer.  Some people are really good at the family role who depends on others.  And some just need constant change and evolution in their character and his surroundings.  I'm unfortunately the later.  I don't want to sit in the bar night after night.  I don't want to run in a circle everytime I log on to the same locals to find out if my friends are around.  I strive for adventure, for intrigue and for surprises and even death.  Yes, I love the way some of my characters have died over the past and feel that sometimes the journey is simply background to the death.

Maybe I'm twisted, and wrong.  But I need to be in the mix.  When I played the soh, I didn't feel any ability to mold or shape my landscape.  Maybe if there were more Soh and the ability to become a leader in the tribe were more accessable, and make more decisions then what were presented to me.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 30, 2007, 08:21:09 PM
Bit of a tangent...

Is it Akei'ta Var, Akei Ta Var, or Akeita Var?

Akei'ta Var and Akei Ta Var both work fine.

Quote from: Cerelum on December 30, 2007, 08:39:46 PM
With the Soh being so isolated and such, it's harder for them to find rp that it is for say a Sun Runner.  That's all I'm saying.  If you don't like to sit on your ass or run between about three key spots in the tablelands hoping to find someone.  The Soh is difficult at least for me.  I as a player like to be involved in the center of some hot plots and activities.  I don't do well when I have ran around for 45 minutes without a soul.

This somewhat reminds me all posts about "Tuluk is empty and I hate to run between taverns to find that other single player in the whole city." In other words - it all depends on the role. Some roles prevent you from riding (running) from one side of the world to another one, some other roles don't - and the choice is yours.

I'd like to add that Tablelands are generally active lately. Starting a character there is definitely worth it. As was mentioned above, ATV, Sun Runners or Red Fangs are active as well. Dune Stalkers or Sand Jakhals might be very interesting to play these days too - because they are cool, heh. D-elves are not -only- Sohs, seriously. Pick the tribe which fits you best - and enjoy your time playing a runner.

If you never played d-elf before and have questions, feel free to contact one of Helpers (like me, hehe) or ask Hot_Dancer, who knows everything about them. ;)

How many Soh are there? Roughly, of course.

Supplies are running out!  Get your Soh Lanah Kah PC today!  This offer won't last forever folks.  The world is coming to an end!
-Yc

And that's not all, folks! With every Soh, we'll toss in your very own Malarn dwarf! That's right, impress your friends and family with one of the hottest products on the market, ladies and gentlemen! Limited offer expires 2/07/08 at midnite. While supplies last, no substitutions, add $4.95 shipping and handling.

Call within the next 48 hours and you'll get TWO Malarn dwarves, AND a handy skinning knife free!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

January 03, 2008, 03:06:39 AM #35 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:08:10 AM by Morfeus
Quote from: Troicha on January 02, 2008, 09:48:49 PM
How many Soh are there? Roughly, of course.

Way too many, but luckily they keep dying off.

I meant... PC wise? I have no real idea, but there -are- some around most of times. Unless you play very off peak like I do.

With all this talk of more Soh, I'm debating on trying another one out... But I just know that as soon as I really get hooked into a role.  I will get lucky and my special app will be accepted, then I won't want my d-elf anymore..

J-Rod

January 03, 2008, 05:20:52 PM #37 Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:23:18 PM by Adiadochokinesis
I've seen some well played Soh.

I've seen some poorly played Soh.

Kind of a mixed bag.

Everytime there is a Soh around, I start looking for crows.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 03, 2008, 07:06:00 PM

Okay I am not pretending I got this.  BECAUSE I DON'T GET IT!  WHAT DOES IT MEAN!??!1shiftoneshiftone
some of my posts are serious stuff

Maybe he means buzzards? Like someone dead is in the area?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Dark wings, dark words.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Ghost on January 09, 2008, 01:00:19 PM
Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 03, 2008, 07:06:00 PM

Okay I am not pretending I got this.  BECAUSE I DON'T GET IT!  WHAT DOES IT MEAN!??!1shiftoneshiftone
Heheh.

I'll tell you one day, after this game goes down, if I remember or you remember to remind me.

Great!  Could one or both of you tell me too please?  I'm dying to know.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Anybody who has played around a Soh knows what I am talking about, though, kah?

FOR THE RECORD: If I ever played a Delf, I'd play a Soh. They seem to rock hard. But I can't avoid this joke. i'm sorry. I'm a bad person.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 09, 2008, 03:48:27 PM
Anybody who has played around a Soh knows what I am talking about, though, kah?

FOR THE RECORD: If I ever played a Delf, I'd play a Soh. They seem to rock hard. But I can't avoid this joke. i'm sorry. I'm a bad person.

Kah.

I played two, one for like the first three months of the Tribe and another about six months later. From an outside perspective things seem to have changed a bit over the last year or two. Of course I -was- playing a Soh when Sujaal still roamed so this was a while ago. They rock!

Still have no clue about the crows.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.