Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 821038 times)

Fathi

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28000 on: May 17, 2017, 10:55:18 PM »
Wishing you the best with your pops, Riev.

My idle complaint is that the building my office is located in has decided to raise the price on carpark rentals. They are now $3000/year. I ain't paying that shit. Everybody who doesn't pony up for a reserved spot has to park on the street (never available) or at the cemetery, which feels weirdly disrespectful to me. I feel bad driving past there and seeing every single parking space taken. What if someone wants to like, show up and mourn? But all these asshat dentists and veterinarians are parked in their spots?
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

boog

« Reply #28001 on: May 18, 2017, 07:01:26 AM »
RIP Chris Cornell.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Exen44

« Reply #28002 on: May 18, 2017, 07:33:16 AM »
Computer was busted. Spent basically 3 days with little sleep trying to fix it and now I finally have at the cost of my GTX 970. Apparently it was busted so I had to downgrade to my GTX 770. But it's good enough to play some Armageddon, so at least there's that.
"I sexually identify as depression. That way I have an active sex life because I keep fucking everyone."
-Me, 2017.

Riev

« Reply #28003 on: May 18, 2017, 09:13:52 AM »
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #28004 on: May 19, 2017, 02:03:09 PM »
Nope.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:21:50 PM by Gunnerblaster »
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

whitt

« Reply #28005 on: May 20, 2017, 03:29:40 AM »
NZIHL pre-season is on, Fathi is not announcing...
Quote from: BadSkeelz
Ah well you should just kill those PCs. They're not worth the time of plotting creatively against.

boog

« Reply #28006 on: May 25, 2017, 06:40:01 PM »
These fucking people with their guests not taking up guest parking are about to make me go fucking nuclear.

And my landlord is such a wimpy, whipped Southern fuckstick of a man that he doesn't tell anyone to do anything. He came to me about some fee I'd already paid, trying to be chest-puffy and when I informed him curtly I'd already sent it, he started asking me about my strawberries on the back porch, praising their lush growth.

Eyeroll.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

boog

« Reply #28007 on: May 26, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »
My mom. God. She's my mother, but when she offers to take my kids, only one at a time, she basically takes them... To sleep. She doesn't pick them up until I've given them supper and they're nearly ready to sleep. And the next day, she feeds them breakfast and then drops them off at my house after.

"I want to help you out and give you a break!"

Well, that'd be good, if you took at least one of them for a whole 24 hours. Yeesh. She just likes feeling useful in her own perceptions.
There is only one boog.

Synthesis

« Reply #28008 on: May 26, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »
FNH makes a semi-auto version of the M249 SAW, but the damn thing is $8,000+.

Who the hell is going to pay $8,000 for a new, stock, semi-auto 5.56 rifle?  It's absurd.  I could understand if it was unique, rare, NFA-restricted (e.g. SBR) or maybe protected by a grandfathering clause, but it's none of those things.  You can get a belt-feed-modified AR upper receiver for half that price.  You can get a pretty nice .50 BMG rifle at that price.  Even the most tricked-out non-NFA 5.56 semi-auto rifles barely push 3 grand.

The only reason to pay that is if you're sitting on about $6,000 worth of nostalgia.  (I.e. you have more money than sense.)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Exen44

« Reply #28009 on: May 26, 2017, 02:01:44 PM »
Got my old keyboard back but now I have to get used to again because I was using a very different keyboard to replace it. Feelsbadman.
"I sexually identify as depression. That way I have an active sex life because I keep fucking everyone."
-Me, 2017.

valeria

• I have a writing blog.
« Reply #28010 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
I've been missing Arm something fierce lately.  Having Arm dreams, etc.  Stop being awesome and out here, game, I'm trying to get writing done.  :'(

Marauder Moe

« Reply #28011 on: May 27, 2017, 01:53:54 AM »
Just got back from my 3+ year Pathfinder/D&D/gaming group's final session.  The DM/host and his wife (who played with us) are moving away. 

Lately we'd been getting a little stagnant on the roleplaying side of things, but we picked up our characters from our first campaign together for one last adventure.  It was kind of like seeing old friends again.  Got rather nostalgic.  Then we had to say goodbye for real.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28012 on: May 27, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

James de Monet

« Reply #28013 on: May 28, 2017, 12:25:19 AM »
Who the hell is going to pay $8,000 for a new, stock, semi-auto 5.56 rifle?

Even if you had $8k, who wants to lug around a 17 lb, short range, semi?
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28014 on: May 28, 2017, 07:08:24 AM »
Wish my hair was growing faster.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28015 on: May 28, 2017, 08:21:14 AM »
I have no discipline for yard work. It is tedious and I am not getting paid for it. Yuck.

But today I have to get some done or my neighborhood may run us off.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Pale Horse

« Reply #28016 on: May 28, 2017, 10:15:32 PM »
I hate math.  It also doesn't grab enough of my interest and attention past a certain point because I'm fully aware of my personal limitations in situations where calculating something is required.

But a Physical Science course is required for all general studies requirements for any degree (that I'm interested in), and they're all math courses.  I had my pick of Geological Formation/Stratification, Geographical Geology, Intro to Nanotechnology and Intro to Chemistry for this semester.  I tried getting into Geographical Geology..but I was the only one out of 5k students taking a summer semester to have an interest in it, apparently.  I was notified two days before classes began that the class had been cancelled (thanks a fuggin' lot, Academics Office), and the only Physical Science class left open was Intro to Chemistry.

I hate academic math..just...hate it.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

tiptoe

« Reply #28017 on: May 28, 2017, 10:40:29 PM »
I hate math.  It also doesn't grab enough of my interest and attention past a certain point because I'm fully aware of my personal limitations in situations where calculating something is required.

But a Physical Science course is required for all general studies requirements for any degree (that I'm interested in), and they're all math courses.  I had my pick of Geological Formation/Stratification, Geographical Geology, Intro to Nanotechnology and Intro to Chemistry for this semester.  I tried getting into Geographical Geology..but I was the only one out of 5k students taking a summer semester to have an interest in it, apparently.  I was notified two days before classes began that the class had been cancelled (thanks a fuggin' lot, Academics Office), and the only Physical Science class left open was Intro to Chemistry.

I hate academic math..just...hate it.

That's a weird selection of classes to offer. Chemistry  is still to this day one of the classes I enjoyed the least. Where's the Intro to Biology? That's more applicable than most of those listed.

Pale Horse

« Reply #28018 on: May 28, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
That's a weird selection of classes to offer. Chemistry  is still to this day one of the classes I enjoyed the least. Where's the Intro to Biology? That's more applicable than most of those listed.

Intro to Biology is considered a Life Science, not Physical Science.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

James de Monet

« Reply #28019 on: May 29, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »

I read "meth".  It got progressively more confusing as the paragraph went on.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

manipura

« Reply #28020 on: May 29, 2017, 01:53:21 AM »

I read "meth".  It got progressively more confusing as the paragraph went on.

I read meth at first as well.  Glad I wasn't the only one.

tiptoe

« Reply #28021 on: May 29, 2017, 06:16:05 PM »

Intro to Biology is considered a Life Science, not Physical Science.

Ah, gotcha. At my university the science requirement for non-majors is a combination of life and physical science, so they can choose whichever they'd prefer.

Insigne

« Reply #28022 on: May 30, 2017, 12:10:09 PM »
Canker sores make me feel like crap.

Exen44

« Reply #28023 on: May 31, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »
It's my first birthday with divorced parents. Everybody asking me how I want things, what I want to do, etc. Feelsbadman.
-Me, 2017.

Hauwke

« Reply #28024 on: May 31, 2017, 08:01:39 PM »
Happy birthday at least man.