Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1391992 times)

Cindy42

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #9500 on: May 04, 2011, 01:27:34 AM »
I cheated in a test today :(

Well, not really cheated, just more like an exploit. Technically, I did everything by the rules. Not my fault that they gave exactly the same questions as they did exactly a year ago, right down to the same answers.

Then you didn't do a thing wrong. It is the system.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #9501 on: May 04, 2011, 02:12:58 AM »
I fucking hate wasting money. Only $6 but still.

Bought a game. Couldn't get around to playing it for a few days. Found out that after it displays the game's Logo - Nada. Doesn't even show me a start screen.

Then Mother with an OCD need for cleanliness throws away receipt.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yam

« Reply #9502 on: May 04, 2011, 04:56:31 AM »
Dude move out of your mom's house or keep your room clean

Kol

« Reply #9503 on: May 04, 2011, 06:46:03 AM »
Woke up this morning, felt a little groggy.

Stood up out of bed, and toppled over straight away, hit my head of my tile floor.

I was out cold for half and hour.

Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #9504 on: May 04, 2011, 08:24:41 AM »
Dude move out of your mom's house or keep your room clean
F U I do plenty for this family. I do dishes every other Wednesday... when I feel like it.

They bother me all the time, too--come into my room and ask how I'm doing or what I'm doing when I've got better things to do than talk to their lame asses.

They don't understand me. You don't either, so FFFFUUUUUUUUU JERK!
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Barzalene

« Reply #9505 on: May 04, 2011, 09:44:07 AM »
Kol:

Stood up out of bed, and toppled over straight away, hit my head of my tile floor.

So you did the smart thing and made a doctor's appointment, right? Right? Because getting so dizzy you topple over and don't even put out your hands to break your fall seems like a bad thing. You see that, right?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Kol

« Reply #9506 on: May 04, 2011, 10:33:27 AM »
Kol:

So you did the smart thing and made a doctor's appointment, right? Right? Because getting so dizzy you topple over and don't even put out your hands to break your fall seems like a bad thing. You see that, right?

I do, No doctors appointment yet, I have to do a load of shit in town tomorrow anyway, so I'm going to ring in the morning and make an emergency appointment to get my blood pressure tested, and see if I show any Signs of ME.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

Barzalene

« Reply #9507 on: May 04, 2011, 11:26:20 AM »
Excellent.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

SMuz

« Reply #9508 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:36 AM »

Yeah, you should definitely see a doctor, assuming it's not something alcohol related. It's happened to a lot of friends and family and family of friends. Sometimes a dangerous heart attack, and they could've rescued their heart if they had seen a doctor immediately.

Not to scare you or anything, but that's some dangerous stuff there. Hopefully, it's nothing serious this time, but if it happens again, make sure to get it checked.
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

boog

« Reply #9509 on: May 04, 2011, 12:22:51 PM »

Yeah, you should definitely see a doctor, assuming it's not something alcohol related. It's happened to a lot of friends and family and family of friends. Sometimes a dangerous heart attack, and they could've rescued their heart if they had seen a doctor immediately.

Not to scare you or anything, but that's some dangerous stuff there. Hopefully, it's nothing serious this time, but if it happens again, make sure to get it checked.

I'd go anyway. You have no idea what it is and it could be a variety of things, some dangerous, some not. Pleeease just go, even if it's just to a prime care facility or something like that. If you don't have insurance, most doctor's offices will give you a discount if you pay the full copay (usually ~60 bucks) at the time of the visit. If you live in the US, I can give you a bomb diggity discount RX card too, that'll give you about 70% off any drugs they'll prescribe you, if you need it.

Or anyone for that matter. Serious. I don't want to hear about someone not getting their meds for their bronchitis, it turning into pneumonia, and then them dying from it (this really did just happen the other month to an acquaintance of mine, though his health was questionable). If they prescribe something too expensive, you always have the option of asking the pharmacy to call the doctor to change the medication for you too.

Anyway. Sorry. I'm a little passionate this morning. I think it's gas.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #9510 on: May 04, 2011, 01:17:11 PM »
Meh, I wouldn't go to a doctor for something like that, personally.

TOOL

« Reply #9511 on: May 04, 2011, 01:20:02 PM »
Burned my wrist pretty badly with some kobe beef grease.  It was worth it, though.  So damn good.
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal and Pancakes.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #9512 on: May 04, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
Umm... isn't a 30-minute concussive blackout itself reason enough to go to a doctor?

boog

« Reply #9513 on: May 04, 2011, 01:25:16 PM »
Umm... isn't a 30-minute concussive blackout itself reason enough to go to a doctor?

Yep.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Barzalene

« Reply #9514 on: May 04, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »
Marauder Moe:

Not if you're RGS!

Barzalene

« Reply #9515 on: May 04, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
1 zertec and 2 dayquil and I am still half of the 7 dwarves, including sneezy and snotty.

I can't think what else to try except mint tea. I don't think tea can fix this.

lordcooper

« Reply #9516 on: May 04, 2011, 01:38:21 PM »
1 zertec and 2 dayquil and I am still half of the 7 dwarves, including sneezy and snotty.

I can't think what else to try except mint tea. I don't think tea can fix this.

Tea fixes everything!
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #9517 on: May 04, 2011, 01:46:53 PM »
What tea doesn't fix, a soapy finger will.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Marauder Moe

« Reply #9518 on: May 04, 2011, 01:47:12 PM »
Zyrtec is good stuff (it's what I use) but it doesn't always stop an allergy attack already in progress.  You gotta get all the pollen off and out of you, and keep from breathing it for a while until your body settles down.

Take a hot shower (loosen up the mucus) and then stay indoors (windows closed, preferably air conditioned) for a bit.  Using a neti pot might also help.  It's also a good idea to wash your hands frequently during allergy season.

Also, never buy any of those ionic air filter things.  A by-product of their operation is ozone gas, which is believed to actually make allergies worse.

Barzalene

« Reply #9519 on: May 04, 2011, 01:50:46 PM »
I like the shower idea. I'm at work and may need to settle for washing my face?

I wonder if it's safe to take a claritin now.

boog

« Reply #9520 on: May 04, 2011, 01:51:39 PM »
I like the shower idea. I'm at work and may need to settle for washing my face?

I wonder if it's safe to take a claritin now.

What're your symptoms, boo? Also, I wouldn't double up on antihistamines.
There is only one boog.

Barzalene

« Reply #9521 on: May 04, 2011, 02:01:47 PM »
Sneezing, running nose, congestion and general ickiness. Feels like cold and allegies. And my coworkers are tired of saying bless you, and I'm tired of saying thanks. I don't know if that last part counts as symptoms though.

boog

« Reply #9522 on: May 04, 2011, 02:12:26 PM »
I'd stick with the Zyrtec, or maybe try Allegra tomorrow if it's not working for you. Then, add some pseudoephedrine too. It'll help get rid of the stuffies and then the zyrtec will keep that nasal run from going down your throat and into your lungs.

Only if you don't have high blood pressure. If so, you're just gonna have to wait the stuffiness out, or sniff some eucalyptus oil. You could also just slather your chest in Vick's.
There is only one boog.

Barzalene

« Reply #9523 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:28 PM »
Thanks! Pseudophedrine?

Barzalene

« Reply #9524 on: May 04, 2011, 02:26:48 PM »
Also, it seems as if complaining helped. That or face washing. Or the dayquil kicking in. I think it was the complaining.