Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1395006 times)

Thomoto

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29025 on: September 20, 2019, 01:12:29 AM »
Dumbass #33530 decided to pull the fire alarm at school for no  apparent reason. Nice going!
Hi pah human tribals, are you bad?

*arrows*

whatislove

« Reply #29026 on: September 20, 2019, 08:08:35 PM »
I have an ingrown nail on my index finger, making typing so much harder. It is also oozing puss. I've had a sub-optimal day.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29027 on: September 21, 2019, 12:44:23 PM »
I have sleep apnea.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

DesertT

« Reply #29028 on: September 23, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »
This is going to be long but I can't put it on Facebook since people will know who I'm talking about.

So.... here we go!!

Wife and I are adopting, privately, within the family.  Adoption lawyer asks birth mom and grandma which hospital they're going to go to so she can prepare them and the appropriate paperwork.  Well, birth mom has a coughing fit last Thursday morning (smoker) that ends up breaking her water a full month early from the due date and guess what... they go to the closest hospital (which, by the way, is a BIRTHING hospital), which is NOT the hospital they told the adoption lawyer.

Adoption lawyer had just left town for vacation to Canada via Chicago.  Baby is born Thursday evening, just over five pounds, little bit of jaundice but no other health concerns.  YAY!!  Hospital won't accept the paperwork that lawyer provided because it has the wrong hospital name AND doesn't have my wife and I's Social Security Numbers on them.  I CAN WRITE THAT ON THERE!!  They won't allow it.  Has to come from the lawyer in a fax.  Who faxes anymore?  This is 2019!!

Hospital tells birth mom she can discharge/leave Friday evening, but that if she does, it'll be considered abandonment.  Baby has to stay until Sunday due to low weight.  So birth mom is stuck at the hospital and encouraged to feed the baby, which is only making it harder on her emotionally.  Why didn't they go to the hospital they told the lawyer they were going to go to?!?!  Saturday, we get everything worked out by the afternoon so birth mom can go home and -I- can stay at the hospital.  Why me and not my wife?  Because the lawyer fat-fingered my wife's social on the paperwork and the hospital won't accept it for her.

So yup, two dudes, partying it up on a Saturday night in the maternity ward.  Yes, I have my own room with the brand new baby boy.  My Mom thought this was hilarious that I had to stay the night in the hospital, in the hospital bed, in my own room, in the maternity ward, post partum.  I know this is 2019 but....  :/

Sunday morning, lawyer fixes the ONE DIGIT that was off on the paperwork, but, the hospital tells us that BOTH my wife AND I have to be there to discharge the baby.  So they hold us "hostage" until after noon even though everything was fine at 9 AM that morning.  :D

So we leave the hospital with the newborn (and my 4.5 month old, who, by the way, is THREE TIMES the weight of his soon to be baby brother; can you say Irish Twins???).  Now the issue still remains of signing the adoption paperwork with a stand-in lawyer, who, by the way, has been unreachable this whole time.  Now we need to get a new stand-in.  Finally got one.  Only over $300/hour...  I think $325 to be exact.  And yes, he charges for travel time. 

We're set-up for tomorrow at 11AM which is when we will officially have child number 9.  Eight of which my wife gave birth to.  We are EXCITED!!!  SUPER EXCITED!!!  Still though, the first world problems that have been presented have been... an irritation.  Did you know that even if you're going to adopt within family relations, you STILL need a lawyer?  I live in a different State so we needed TWO lawyers... Blah!!  EXPENSIVE!!

This isn't everything, but it is most.  Wife and I drove 25 hours straight to get here, dropped everything, called Grandma to watch the littles and Poof!!  Gone.  Fifteen passenger van (which I took four seats out of because I don't NEED 15) on the road with a 4.5 month old, on our way to pick up a newborn.  :D

You talk about stories and adventures!!!   8)
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

MeTekillot

« Reply #29029 on: September 29, 2019, 01:29:15 AM »
Unsubscribed from the blackmagickfuckery subreddit, because it's been usurped by normies, who are absolutely astounded by basic scientific phenomena.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

Qzzrbl

« Reply #29030 on: September 29, 2019, 06:42:09 AM »
Dropped my phone for the last time the other day.

Got a new one, bonus nachos I had a free upgrade I didn't know I had 'cause I usually never buy from the carrier.

New phone has all of the 2g, 3g, 4g, LTE bands covered.

Mobile data connection is now spottier than ever. By that I mean there is zero connectivity in areas I know for sure have coverage.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #29031 on: October 04, 2019, 04:09:20 PM »
Local recycling service decided they're no longer accepting glass.

Mercy

« Reply #29032 on: October 25, 2019, 05:49:01 AM »
My glasses (which were too fucked up to actually just wear on my face) and my asthma inhaler flew out of my pocket somewhere during my 9 mile bike ride from work because apparently I forgot to zip my jacket pocket. Pretty sure that straw just killed my camel. The desert is about to get real interesting.

Bebop

« Reply #29033 on: October 28, 2019, 02:27:17 PM »
OH my god, I'm leaving in a fucking week.  Oh my goooooddddd.  I am become panic.

ShaLeah

« Reply #29034 on: November 05, 2019, 11:28:49 AM »
It really kills me when people post pictures of abusers on Facebook, in particular sexual abusers, like they're great people, even posthumously.  To quote the kids today, it triggers me. It triggers me into this self righteous rage for all the survivors of sexual abuse who have become  some kind of semblance of a human.

It's HARD for me to not bring their abuse to light and I feel like a liar and a fraud for NOT speaking the truth all this time.  That stopped today. Probably lose a 'friend' or two.

I wonder why the fuck people are posting pictures of these sexual predators like "Oh my Daddy/Mommy, I love and miss them so much!"

I want to practice forgiveness cause really, didn't Jesus die for all of us and how do I expect to be forgiven for MY sins but all I can think of is how heinous sexual abuse is.

May they all burn in hell.

I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Akaramu

« Reply #29035 on: November 08, 2019, 12:37:38 PM »
Sometimes you think you know someone, that they're special and kind and deserve your trust, and then suddenly they do a complete 360 and you're like WHOA, wait a second, who are you and what did you do to my friend?

RIP, person I thought was my best female friend.

Though I should have seen the signs... when she bashed poor Greta Thunberg online. You can disagree with the climate debate if you want, but there no excuse for bashing a teenage girl (who's an Aspie like me, and only speaking her mind in the only way she can) online. It takes a certain kind of personality to find satisfaction in that, and it's not the kind of personality I want to associate with.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29036 on: November 08, 2019, 05:51:32 PM »
After a particularly shitty day at work I just came home and rage cleaned my house into perfection in 45 minutes after begging the wife and kids to do it for TWO MOTHERFUCKING WEEKS. 45 minutes. With 6 people in the house it IS going to get dirty but come on. Damn. Pick your shit up, wash the dishes and sweep twice a week and I will be happy.

Hello Mr. Cold Beer.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #29037 on: November 08, 2019, 08:54:23 PM »
Yeah. Sometimes you feel like if you don't do it, it will never be done.  But then you feel like continuing to do it just enables others to shirk it off.  But then it kinda feels good when you finally do it yourself. Life is such a fucking conundrum sometimes.

ShaLeah

« Reply #29038 on: November 10, 2019, 11:28:25 PM »
I'm a horrible housekeeper. Horrible. But I like a pretty organized house. What can I say. I'm complicated.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #29039 on: November 11, 2019, 04:04:29 PM »
It was my first time picking up someone from the airport in the city that I live in in my life and it was not a good experience. And it started from that fact that I had to drive like 45 minutes from my house to it because I live in the Greater area of the city and the airport isn't even in the city (or the state in fact). Then the GPS didn't even help me to the waiting parking lot and then to the pick up area. And finally rain and construction going back home.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #29040 on: December 12, 2019, 03:09:32 PM »
My doctor completely dismissed my health concerns at my annual exam yesterday, including one my psychiatrist told me to bring up. Less idly, my current case involves the sexual abuse of a very young child. I just want to sleep until April. I know I should find a new doctor, but the Overwhelm is very strong right now.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #29041 on: December 12, 2019, 04:08:30 PM »
I've been trying to get a mental health appointment for weeks only for mental health staff at my provider to announce a strike the week of the appointment and I don't wanna cross a picket line.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Riev

« Reply #29042 on: December 13, 2019, 09:46:57 AM »
I've been trying to get a mental health appointment for weeks only for mental health staff at my provider to announce a strike the week of the appointment and I don't wanna cross a picket line.

Sad as it is, I am waiting for this to happen where I work. We're trying to implement an "Open Access" situation, where on certain days of the week, if you show up, you'll be seen for AT LEAST an intake. After which you'll be scheduled for a follow up appointment.

I forsee people STILL being unable to get an appointment in during these times, and forgoing the services they need. Mental Health is real, and not being able to get it is a travesty.

Solidarity, HB.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

boog

« Reply #29043 on: December 14, 2019, 07:33:11 PM »
I have been on multiple waiting lists for up to 2 years now to have my son officially diagnosed as autistic. He received an ADHD+ diagnosis last December, but even with that diagnosis, his IEP at school was canceled because he was above grade level in all facets.

I'm finally having him diagnosed next month, however, I received a referral for him to be seen at this office back in early October.

It's absurd.

I hope we all get the help we need.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.