Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1325724 times)

Brytta Léofa

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29000 on: July 11, 2019, 04:16:04 PM »
On the bright side... I guess maybe I have time to play Armageddon again?

dude     dude       dude
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "This ain't no city, grebber!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Synthesis

« Reply #29001 on: July 11, 2019, 05:51:14 PM »
Driving down the interstate and my Excursion decided to blow a gasket and dump all the coolant.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

lordcooper

« Reply #29002 on: July 23, 2019, 07:48:32 AM »
Boris fucking Johnson. 

Shall there be two cities of Minas Morgul, grinning at each other across a dead land ocean filled with rottenness?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

James de Monet

« Reply #29003 on: July 29, 2019, 03:59:59 PM »
Gilroy is really close to my house.  You can smell the garlic during the festival.  I could smell it last night.  I have family that lives there (they’re fine).

To say “I didn’t expect something like this here” is hollow.  It feels like the statement people make when they don’t understand how terror works.  But today at work, no one is even talking about this.  I don’t know what’s more shocking: that it happened, or that no one seems shocked, even when it’s in our own backyard.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Riev

« Reply #29004 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:28 PM »
I don’t know what’s more shocking: that it happened, or that no one seems shocked, even when it’s in our own backyard.

When I was in middle school, someone in High School walked in from his car with a loaded shotgun. Walked into the principals office, placed it on her desk, and said "we need to talk".

We had people who, as freshman, were arrested for taking PCP and knocking over gas stations.

One of the people in my grade went to jail, because during a drug deal, he shot someone in the hand.

Its... hard. So many things happen, and when you realize "It can happen to you, because it happens to anyone"... I guess some people just internalize it.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Halcyon

« Reply #29005 on: August 01, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »
Gilroy is really close to my house.  You can smell the garlic during the festival.  I could smell it last night.  I have family that lives there (they’re fine).

To say “I didn’t expect something like this here” is hollow.  It feels like the statement people make when they don’t understand how terror works.  But today at work, no one is even talking about this.  I don’t know what’s more shocking: that it happened, or that no one seems shocked, even when it’s in our own backyard.

There are small bits of civil unrest all the time in Berkeley and Oakland that almost never make the news.  I think two summers ago the Oakland disturbances did because people were throwing a fit in the middle of the freeway.   At night.  In black clothes.  With no additional lights.

I'm a little surprised it happened in Gilroy and not San Francisco, but this whole area is a massive gap between wealth and poverty.   I think its surprising when something doesnt boil over.  Still, all condolescences to those who suffered a loss.
Desert planet, your time has come. A storm is coming, our storm, and when it arrives it will shake the universe.
- Dune

MeTekillot

« Reply #29006 on: August 13, 2019, 01:30:37 AM »
I forget what words I want to use in conversations frequently enough that it causes me to struggle to communicate with people effectively. It's annoying. I'm so much more eloquent in text that I feel my true intelligence isn't communicated in person.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #29007 on: August 13, 2019, 04:20:51 AM »
Same. I remember when I first got a cell phone and started texting, multiple people mentioned it was like I was a different person. But I had been like that online for so long online it felt like I was able to show people the real me.

Hauwke

« Reply #29008 on: August 13, 2019, 06:01:57 AM »
Text me is way more confident in the words I use, real life me is way more confident in the everything else department.

Riev

« Reply #29009 on: August 13, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
In the days of AIM, my friends used to do the whole "spoof a new name" game. Instead of Riev, it was Rlev or something that LOOKED similar, and then would talk to people on my list.

I would get so mad when people thought my typing style was to say 'hey wat up" or "word word so whatchu up to this weeknd?"

So mad.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Rogerthat

« Reply #29010 on: August 16, 2019, 09:42:27 AM »
Just lol.
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

boog

« Reply #29011 on: August 16, 2019, 04:02:49 PM »
I hate that I was promised by my children's school's principal, after asking if a 504 plan was needed for my socially awkward, ADHD and autistic child, a teacher he had in mind before the end of the school year.

We JUST received our teacher assignments, mind you, a week and a half BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, and whose child has yet ANOTHER newbie to the school, ANOTHER person who hasn't taught the grade my kid's going into?

Yep. Mine. After I specifically fucking asked.

I'm venting here because I know if I do it on Facebook, the principal will be informed of my desire to utterly fucking strangle him with those cheesy bow-ties he wears.

I'm so livid. I'm getting a fucking 504. Why I would ever let anyone go against my better judgment is beyond me. I am tired of trusting people who pretend to be all about the kids (plz note, I also saw him wearing a Tea Party hat one time outside of school and I guffawed because if they had their way, he wouldn't even have a fucking job), and end up fucking them over.

NC public schools, at least in my county, are utter fucking trash.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Malken

« Reply #29012 on: August 16, 2019, 07:57:15 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm teaching five classes this year + a million other school-related duties and this is the first break I had in two weeks *cries in french*
“When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse’s feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.”

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29013 on: August 22, 2019, 02:02:53 PM »
Pretty sure I am going to miss most of the rpt this weekend. Ugh work.

And now, SOMEONE STOLE MY LUNCH. I fucking hate everyone.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hauwke

« Reply #29014 on: August 22, 2019, 05:18:44 PM »
Who steals someones lunch, that is just stupid.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #29015 on: August 22, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
I hate mowing the lawn, it's the edges that I hate.

Leudoberct

« Reply #29016 on: August 23, 2019, 01:51:22 AM »
Staying up until 6AM to be able to roleplay due to timezone differences.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #29017 on: September 06, 2019, 06:54:16 AM »
My wife makes weak coffee.

:(
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hauwke

« Reply #29018 on: September 06, 2019, 07:10:37 AM »
My wife makes weak coffee.

:(

I have no idea what my wife does, but she can't make a cup of coffee to save her life. I have shown her how to make a good cup of coffee, but she can't do it. Even she hates her coffee.

JohnMichaelHenry

« Reply #29019 on: September 06, 2019, 07:27:13 AM »
If she's anything like my wife, she just wants you to make the coffee.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”
― Michael Scott, The Warlock

James de Monet

« Reply #29020 on: September 10, 2019, 12:31:00 AM »
For some reason I thought the Bash Fairy post was going to be looking for scripters.  Too much work and no play.  :-[
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

perfecto

« Reply #29021 on: September 10, 2019, 04:38:57 AM »
I forget what words I want to use in conversations frequently enough that it causes me to struggle to communicate with people effectively. It's annoying. I'm so much more eloquent in text that I feel my true intelligence isn't communicated in person.

This is a real thing for many in this era.  When given a moment to comprise our thoughts and backspace and fix the punctuation just so... we've gotten used to the delay.  Hell some people drag it out even longer, waiting a few minutes for dramatic effect.

It's only when we're faced with a jarring HEY! tell me what you think right now! to my face! do we remember we used to talk and say things we regretted moments later, that.. that was normal.. it still should be.  We are not a perfect people, its the flaws that keep us humble and interesting. 

As an end note: Ever noticed how boring Perfect is?  When you read the entire google update disclaimer, praying for a spelling mistake in there somewhere but there isn't one, how awesome is that?  ::)

Cheers ~Perfecto (which isn't perfect)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Shaydee

« Reply #29022 on: September 13, 2019, 02:21:35 PM »
I have been so badly wanting to get on Armageddon.. it's been roughly 4 months since I was last on. I just find it hard finding the time with a 4 month old. It would be great if he napped decently, but he naps for like 10-30 minutes (cat naps) at a time and I never know when he is going to wake up.. I could always just log in and out as needed but I don't like to do that. I have basically resorted to playing video games that can pause and then leaving them on pause more than playing, or just having Netflix running in the background.

I really want to play, but I can't bring myself to log in just to log back off again..  :-\

James de Monet

« Reply #29023 on: September 16, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »
I feel like Vampire Weekend ought to be called “Hedgehog Weekend”.  There simply isn’t anything vampiric about their sound.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #29024 on: September 17, 2019, 05:38:03 PM »
My power has been so bad lately that the power company sent me am apology letter. Thanks I guess?
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.