Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1238907 times)

MeTekillot

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28900 on: April 21, 2019, 10:20:53 AM »
I stayed home from a show I wanted to see to show out for my friend's lame ass party and he tried to talk some tough shit on me at it to show off for the people. Operative word being tried because me trying to stare a hole through his face made his voice kinda quavery. I'm not devastated but I'm certainly annoyed.
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #28901 on: April 23, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »
If you think this writing is that bad then either you must not enjoy much TV. Or your ability to enjoy something doesn't ever cloud your critical eye. Personally when I'm enjoying something as a whole, and I'm hyped up for the experience, the cheesy lines hit me as cool, and it feels very easy to gloss over something mediocre to get to something awesome as hell.

Like the sand snakes had the worst dialog in the entire show. But it was entirely forgettable and easy to ignore when you get a Hardhome, Or that scene of Stannis burning someone. Or the awesome Jamie/Bronn banter we got that season.

Eh. Without giving away spoilers those last few episodes of the last season made me want to vomit. All the interesting characters are dead. Denarius is lame and whenever she does something unforgivable, in a show that was great at showing no one is super-duper, she gets away with it. Honestly, I hope she wins and kills everyone and takes over just to become another mad-king like her father. That'd be the only thing that would save it for me. If not they should just kill her now From a tooth infection or something and maybe they can salvage something out of the show.

I feel like she's as much of a Mary Sue as the girl from the new star Wars flicks and boy does that suck the stakes out of everything. But who knows? Maybe that makes me a misogynist.
He is an individual cool cat. A cat who has taken more than nine lives.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28902 on: April 23, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
. But who knows? Maybe that makes me a misogynist.

Do you need to talk about something, my dude?

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #28903 on: April 23, 2019, 08:03:10 PM »
. But who knows? Maybe that makes me a misogynist.

Do you need to talk about something, my dude?

The communities surrounding star wars and GOT are very protective of their female protagonists. If you level criticism against them there are a lot of people who will accuse you of being sexist when in fact you just want to read a good story of struggle and earned success.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28904 on: April 23, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »
Punk scene is the same exact way. I feel you. But there's enough actual misogynists floating around that people are twitchy about it, so I don't blame them too much.

triste

« Reply #28905 on: April 23, 2019, 10:19:31 PM »
Was just talking with a gal pal about how much daenerys sucks this season and she is uber feminist, in all these women in tech advocacy groups. Ain't about no gender politics, daenerys just sucks (as of now).

MeTekillot

« Reply #28906 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »
The girl I dated briefly a few months back rubbed up against me and said hi at a show and bummed me a cigarette, then screenshotted me talking to her and is now telling people I've been harassing her. Kinda feel like I've been unfairly made a target. Feel stupid for walking into an obvious manipulation.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:57:09 PM by MeTekillot »

gotdamnmiracle

« Reply #28907 on: April 24, 2019, 02:04:24 PM »
The girl I dated briefly a few months back rubbed up against me and said hi at a show and bummed me a cigarette, then screenshotted me talking to her and is now telling people I've been harassing her. Kinda feel like I've bern unfairly made a target. Feel stupid for walking into an obvious manipulation.

Nothing about that sounds obvious. Fuck that person.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28908 on: April 24, 2019, 05:02:32 PM »
It b like that sometimes

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28909 on: April 24, 2019, 09:49:45 PM »
Button on my xbox controller broke. Lame.

Cerelum

« Reply #28910 on: April 24, 2019, 10:31:31 PM »
Button on my xbox controller broke. Lame.
That's because fate wants you to have a PS4 and later a PS5.  One of us... One of us...
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Hauwke

« Reply #28911 on: April 25, 2019, 12:36:12 AM »
I am excited for PS5 but my wallet is trying to hang itself preemptively.

Cerelum

« Reply #28912 on: April 25, 2019, 12:39:31 AM »
I am excited for PS5 but my wallet is trying to hang itself preemptively.

YeH itís probablygoingtobe stupid expensive.

Hauwke

« Reply #28913 on: April 25, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »
So far as I know, it won't be as bad as the PS3 was back in the day. Which is good, but I still expect it to be a painful purchase.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28914 on: May 04, 2019, 08:12:01 AM »
Last night my wife snapped off the bathtub faucet handle with her hulk strength and flooded the bathroom. There was no shutoff there so in the 10 minutes I spent running around finding a crescent wrench to kill the water at the meter, it got baaaaaad. So I called into work, yay, and now get to spend the day trying to save the flooring in my house, boo. :(
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28915 on: May 05, 2019, 02:30:37 AM »
Sometimes I feel like I wasn't even there for my own childhood. In most my memories it's like I was barely cognizant and had no self awareness. I never made decisions. I never talked to people. I never learned things. I never had opinions. I was always just confused and shy and insecure. I feel like I missed out on important things that would have made me more normal.

I always want to blame my parents. But in reality I have no idea if it is their fault.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28916 on: May 05, 2019, 02:50:45 AM »
I blame your parents.

Cerelum

« Reply #28917 on: May 06, 2019, 12:52:11 AM »
Donít eat two 50mg marijuana edible suckers and try to play Armageddon.

Itís like hard mode concentrating on surviving.

Cerelum

« Reply #28918 on: May 11, 2019, 09:12:22 AM »
My girlfriend found my one dog chewing on something in the back yard and took it from him, it was a piece of meat wrapped around something I couldnít ID.

He started having diarrhea and throwing up.

Brought him and the stick to the vet, it was a piece of some type of pork wrapped around a bit of rat poison.

Vet has to keep my dog for a day for observation and itís gonna cost me in excess of 1000 bucks not counting any meds or surgery that may be required.

I find out who tried to poison my dog youíre gonna see me in the news with what I do to them.

Veselka

« Reply #28919 on: May 11, 2019, 11:38:16 AM »
Sorry to hear. Itís more common than you think. Had a Labrador die after he ate baited rat poison. And we still arenít sure if it was intentional or not (our neighbor hated our dog). Intentional or not, rat poison goes ecologically up the food chain and harms/kills so many creatures besides rats. Not to mention in the best case scenario you just have dead rats laying around (or under your house). Sucks all around.
Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

--Immanuel Kant

Cerelum

« Reply #28920 on: May 11, 2019, 03:12:48 PM »
Call from vet and dog is doing well, seems he didnít swallow or metabolize much of the poison.

Sad news is the vet said three people from my neighborhood have had the exact same thing happen.

One of them had security cameras and Iím heading to his house to get a copy of the assholeís photo.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28921 on: May 15, 2019, 11:47:45 PM »
I do lots of fun and interesting things IRL but I rarely post any of it on social media so the e-girls I try to hit on think I'm a shut-in loser and ignore my messages.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #28922 on: May 16, 2019, 01:41:57 AM »
One of them had security cameras and Iím heading to his house to get a copy of the assholeís photo.
I hope you can ID the motherfucker and sue him to Hell and back.

An attack on my animal is like an attack on a family member. Sounds extreme, to some, but I know there's people who agree with that sentiment.
Quote from: LauraMars
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Cerelum

« Reply #28923 on: May 16, 2019, 01:50:08 AM »
I hope you can ID the motherfucker and sue him to Hell and back.

An attack on my animal is like an attack on a family member. Sounds extreme, to some, but I know there's people who agree with that sentiment.

Forgot to update this.

The guy with the cameras saw what he looked like and left his dog outside while he watched the cameras and his window.  Had his wife move the car down the block and he waited for three hours or something and the guy returned.

He shot him in the chest with a shotgun and is now awaiting trial.  Hopefully he gets off.  The guy was found with poisoned meat on his corpse. Hopefully they let him go.

Brytta Lťofa

« Reply #28924 on: May 16, 2019, 02:15:22 AM »
I'm glad it wasn't you who killed the poisoner with a shotgun and then got arrested.
then the father hen will call his chickens home