Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1183551 times)

Synthesis

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28800 on: December 20, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »
So I'm at a mobile audio place getting stuff for the Excursion.  (Aside:  this thing still had the OEM stereo, with a TAPE DECK.  That's so old school I almost felt bad replacing it.)

Some guy walks in and immediately starts shouting about the service.  Fuck this, fuck that, this is bullshit, what the fuck is taking so long, etc. etc.

Manager tells him to leave.  Dude is like "No. Fuck that. I'm a CUSTOMER."

So I go over and I'm like, "Listen dude, the manager told you to leave. You need to leave. Now."

He looks at me and he's like, "Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Synthesis, motherfucker."

And this dude has the AUDACITY to say, "You can't talk to me like that!"

LOL.  OKAY.

P.S. He left.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

James de Monet

« Reply #28801 on: December 20, 2018, 03:26:30 PM »
Lol
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28802 on: December 22, 2018, 01:06:42 PM »
People are so much less subtle than they think they are.
"Arthur, you're making the other accountants nervous. We all find this kind of... rampant individuality... very disturbing."

MeTekillot

« Reply #28803 on: January 07, 2019, 09:27:14 PM »
Intimate partners commenting on my muscles' peculiar softness even when flexed. Ego dinged. Real autistic hypotonia hours. Just gotta keep lifting to compensate with strength rather than hard cut angles.

Quite distressing for others to point it out to be honest. But my understanding is there is no cure for the neurological version so I'll just have to keep trucking until sick cybernetic nerve system replacements or repairs are made.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 09:29:51 PM by MeTekillot »
"Arthur, you're making the other accountants nervous. We all find this kind of... rampant individuality... very disturbing."

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28804 on: January 10, 2019, 02:07:22 PM »
I have the worst cold of my life. Low level fever, body aching like I've been beaten up, and my nose just pouring vile liquid. Gallons of it. Fucking yuck. I don't know how people with severe allergies handle spewing snot all the time. It is distressing to the point I don't want to move at all for fear of a bucketful of slime sloshing loose onto my shirt. If you suffer like that, my sympathies. It is a new experience for me and it has just about broken me. Boo hoo.

I took yesterday off for a funeral so can't just call in to work. This 12 hour shift is going to be nightmarish.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Hauwke

« Reply #28805 on: January 10, 2019, 08:44:38 PM »
Going to have to spend hours at the Police Station because dickheads. Fun.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28806 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:42 PM »
Interviewed for the closest thing I have to an obtainable dream job yesterday and learned that I'm competing with folks with juris doctorates from across the state for an entry level position that barely pays minimum wage.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Bebop

« Reply #28807 on: January 12, 2019, 09:52:48 PM »
Interviewed for the closest thing I have to an obtainable dream job yesterday and learned that I'm competing with folks with juris doctorates from across the state for an entry level position that barely pays minimum wage.

Hey don't get down about it yo.  I love my job so much and I looked and people that interviewed before me were super qualified with educations I don't have and I still got the job because I was a better fit culturally.  Just get out there and work it.

PS --- If you got in the door for an interview it means they liked you up there with people more qualified.  So feel proud, dude.

Bebop

« Reply #28808 on: January 19, 2019, 02:18:06 PM »
I was all excited about my long weekend but last night temps dropped in the negative and apparently my body doesn't know what to make of that and now my nose won't stop running and I feel like garbage.  Grrr.  I really wanted to do 5 days at the gym this week instead of 4.  We'll see but I feel awful.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28809 on: January 19, 2019, 02:37:44 PM »
Dizzy spells and eye focus issues lately. Called my dad to ask about medical history because I figured it was just me stressing. Turns out 2 aunts, 1 uncle, grandma died from cerebral hemorrhages. Great grandma had surgery to fix an aneurysm. At the immediate care now. Hopefully they don't shrug me off.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28810 on: January 19, 2019, 02:42:46 PM »
Noticed my dad's breathing picked up while I was telling him about it so I think he's worried and I don't want him to worry since he already stresses constantly.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28811 on: January 19, 2019, 06:59:17 PM »
Got passed up for my dream job for a 20 year old who consistently flakes on his commitments and who has a poor grasp of when it is and isn't appropriate to discuss his sex life in graphic detail.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28812 on: January 19, 2019, 10:00:00 PM »
Confidence is key, dude. Don't ask them for anything, act like you already have it. Though there is a point where they'll become threatened and refuse you for that instead. You need to make them feel like you're just dumb enough to be used until it's too late.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28813 on: January 21, 2019, 11:52:24 AM »
Kinda feels like the doctors are mishandling my case. They only listed headache and blurred vision out in my paperwork out of the 7 or 8 symptoms I described to them. Followed up with the neurologist department and the person on the phone said there were no further notes in my file. :)