Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1395012 times)

Gunnerblaster

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #9525 on: May 04, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »
Dude move out of your mom's house or keep your room clean
F U I do plenty for this family. I do dishes every other Wednesday... when I feel like it.

They bother me all the time, too--come into my room and ask how I'm doing or what I'm doing when I've got better things to do than talk to their lame asses.

They don't understand me. You don't either, so FFFFUUUUUUUUU JERK!
Haaa. If only it were so simple.

My room is kept spotless. It's never enough to stop her from going through and re-arranging shit, anyways.

But like IsFriday jokingly referenced, I do in fact help pay bills, go grocery shopping, and assist them whenever I can. Since I just moved across country, I'm still getting my bearings. I've got the job, which is providing a pretty nice income, but it sucks that the cost of living in this area is just absolutely ridiculous. A one-room apartment costs about $1,250-$1,500 a month. I make roughly $1700 a month, so if I tried moving out on my own - I'd be pretty fucked over within a short period of time, and that's not even taking into consideration the cost of food, gas (which is almost a nice $4.85 per gallon) and my only vehicle is a gas-guzzler.

I figure, in 3-4 months' time, when I start going back to school - I'll find people looking for roommates and shit so I won't be forced to cough up a grand and a half each month for rent.

P.S. - My inability to move out (successfully) is my idle complaint.

P.S.S - You guys don't understand me, so FFFFUUUUUUUUU JERKs!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:31:56 PM by Gunnerblaster »
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

boog

« Reply #9526 on: May 04, 2011, 03:56:22 PM »
Also, it seems as if complaining helped. That or face washing. Or the dayquil kicking in. I think it was the complaining.

Yeah. Dayquil's got phenylephrine in it which is sudafed's (the real sheet) little broski. The halflife's only like, a half hour, but hey, it'll help get the shit out of your nose and you always can't cook it into meth. <3

Love you. Feel better.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Barzalene

« Reply #9527 on: May 04, 2011, 04:12:53 PM »
It's as if you give no credence to the therapeutic power of whining!
By the way, you are a doll, thanks for the advice and the sympathy!

Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Ocotillo

« Reply #9528 on: May 04, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
One of the keys on my laptop is acting funky and not always sending in the letter.

This letter is in 90% of my passwords. Goddamn.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Yam

« Reply #9529 on: May 04, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
Dude move out of your mom's house or keep your room clean
F U I do plenty for this family. I do dishes every other Wednesday... when I feel like it.

They bother me all the time, too--come into my room and ask how I'm doing or what I'm doing when I've got better things to do than talk to their lame asses.

They don't understand me. You don't either, so FFFFUUUUUUUUU JERK!
Haaa. If only it were so simple.

My room is kept spotless. It's never enough to stop her from going through and re-arranging shit, anyways.

But like IsFriday jokingly referenced, I do in fact help pay bills, go grocery shopping, and assist them whenever I can. Since I just moved across country, I'm still getting my bearings. I've got the job, which is providing a pretty nice income, but it sucks that the cost of living in this area is just absolutely ridiculous. A one-room apartment costs about $1,250-$1,500 a month. I make roughly $1700 a month, so if I tried moving out on my own - I'd be pretty fucked over within a short period of time, and that's not even taking into consideration the cost of food, gas (which is almost a nice $4.85 per gallon) and my only vehicle is a gas-guzzler.

I figure, in 3-4 months' time, when I start going back to school - I'll find people looking for roommates and shit so I won't be forced to cough up a grand and a half each month for rent.

P.S. - My inability to move out (successfully) is my idle complaint.

P.S.S - You guys don't understand me, so FFFFUUUUUUUUU JERKs!

Are you still in Stanford/Palo Alto?

Yeah nevermind that place sucks for housing. Date an undergrad and live in the dorms. Some of them have ~bathtubs~

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #9530 on: May 04, 2011, 05:56:37 PM »
One of the keys on my laptop is acting funky and not always sending in the letter.

Have you tried popping the key off and cleaning it?  If you do it right (depends on the model of the laptop) you should be able to just pop it right back on again.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Ocotillo

« Reply #9531 on: May 04, 2011, 06:08:09 PM »

Have you tried popping the key off and cleaning it?  If you do it right (depends on the model of the laptop) you should be able to just pop it right back on again.

...winner.
Quote from: Barzalene
Besides if a Jihaen walks in on you, he walked in on you. He can't be too upset if he sees your peepee. He might have a legitimate gripe though if the manner in which you use it isn't subtle.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #9532 on: May 04, 2011, 06:15:35 PM »

Are you still in Stanford/Palo Alto?

Yeah nevermind that place sucks for housing. Date an undergrad and live in the dorms. Some of them have ~bathtubs~
Yeah, man. This place is a fucking joke, as far housing goes. For a grand and a half, back where I used to live, I could be living in a 3 room, 2 bathroom apartment -or- paying off the mortgage on my own house.

I've got a relatively free-ish place to crash for a year or so, so I'm going to do my best to get on my feet. My folks here intend to move back to Colorado after their 3 year stint is up and I'm probably going to move to a cheaper area to live.

Of most the places to live in CA, Palo Alto / The "greater" Bay area is notorious for the price of renting an apartment.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yam

« Reply #9533 on: May 04, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »
Yeeeep I know. You might be able to find some cheaper bath/kitchen shared places on Craigslist, especially closer to Stanford. Or out in the areas along the Caltrain like San Mateo. They're all like ~30 minutes away from Palo ALto via the Caltrain and tend to be cheaper.

Xeran Van Houten

« Reply #9534 on: May 04, 2011, 07:46:41 PM »
Yeah, noone that actually works in the Bay Area lives in the Bay Area.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

boog

« Reply #9535 on: May 04, 2011, 08:07:03 PM »
Yeah, noone that actually works in the Bay Area lives in the Bay Area.

E40 does.

...Haha.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Qzzrbl

« Reply #9536 on: May 05, 2011, 04:36:16 AM »
I kinda took a break from Armageddon a few months ago....

I've had a few characters, sure, but absolutely nothing meaningful came from them, I maybe had 'em for a few days to a week before just getting bored and suiciding with an hour or two played on 'em.

I just can't get back into the game. >~<

Marshmellow

« Reply #9537 on: May 05, 2011, 05:36:30 AM »
Last Thursday at work we had two people call in and one no-call-no-show of the nine people in my area.  We NEED seven to operate.  It was hell.

I recently got home from another shift where we had one person call in, one person no-call-no-show and another person was late, as in 1/4 of the shift was over before he showed up.

(grumble)
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Cindy42

« Reply #9538 on: May 05, 2011, 07:51:06 AM »

I've had a few characters, sure, but absolutely nothing meaningful came from them, I maybe had 'em for a few days to a week before just getting bored and suiciding with an hour or two played on 'em.

keep trying. i wasn't able to either at one point. a guild you've never done before?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Cindy42

« Reply #9539 on: May 05, 2011, 08:33:28 AM »
I think I'm starting to suffer physically from lack of sleep, but I don't really want to sleep.

I'm having trouble coming up with a story. What I want to do is either one about how fascist china suffocates its people or one about how lesbians and gays are just like the rest of us, but I only have writing material for the latter and don't really feel like the latter one should be worth writing about, since I believe people should feel that way anyway. I mean, computers are complex, they exist in numbers these days and I can both be literate and a woman now, right? I just scrapped this one story called Lesbians v. Robot Pirates and Robot Ninjas. The storyline was just a bunch of fights between the two groups.

I feel confused when this kind of thing happens:

Me: These are the kind of coffees I like best. I prefer instant coffee to drip coffee.

Other person: Oh, you don't know how to make coffee, even though you need to with your lifestyle. That's fine, though.

Me: think: Yeah, okay. That derogatory remark had evidence to back it, and makes sense. Sure. LOL

Thank god it doesn't happen at home, though. Confusion blocks my ability to think. since its happened more than once, though, I'm wondering if its my fault. I'm going to assume its my fault in some way, however confusing, if a dead heron falls out of the sky onto my lap twice and begins singing showtunes.

EDIT: The f&cking unavailability of f&cking loose-leaf tea outside of korean-speaking stores here. I'm a spoiled brat and I don't feel like I should be f&cking searching for my f%cking tea! Why this makes me so angry I don't know
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:40:15 AM by Cindy42 »
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Chettaman

• Helper
    • Facebook!
« Reply #9540 on: May 05, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »

because you miss playing with me so much. You just don't know it.
Live like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Qzzrbl

« Reply #9541 on: May 05, 2011, 09:15:48 AM »

because you miss playing with me so much. You just don't know it.

Probably!

Feh, I'm just gonna submit horribly OP special-apps every month 'til I get one.

Suicide characters in between.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #9542 on: May 05, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »
So tired... stupid allergies/medicine.

Also, my hand smells like perfume and I don't know why.

a strange shadow

« Reply #9543 on: May 05, 2011, 11:32:39 AM »
Confusion blocks my ability to think.

Really now.

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #9544 on: May 05, 2011, 11:53:56 AM »
I spilled nail polish on the carpet last night while playing Arm.  I stepped in it while making a frantic grab for the bottle, grinding it into the carpet.  I had to log out abruptly, realizing that the clean up was going to be arduous.  I practically used an entire bottle of nail polish remover trying to get that shit up.  I had to vacate my room while it largely de-fumed itself.  I spent the night in a nail-polish-remover smelling room, and kept waking up thinking my place was on fire or something.

I did not get enough sleep for today.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #9545 on: May 05, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
The internet hates me.

jhunter

« Reply #9546 on: May 05, 2011, 12:02:05 PM »

When I  started feeling like this unfortunately I made the mistake of continuing to try and push through it. The only thing that accomplished was blowing through more characters. I had to just not even log in for a few months to get the spark back.

a strange shadow

« Reply #9547 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:50 PM »

When I  started feeling like this unfortunately I made the mistake of continuing to try and push through it. The only thing that accomplished was blowing through more characters. I had to just not even log in for a few months to get the spark back.

This actually works, though. Sometimes a good long break is exactly what the doctor ordered.

Mooney

« Reply #9548 on: May 05, 2011, 01:56:37 PM »
The obscene price of good apartments here in boston, and the depressing quality of the 'affordable' ones.

If was I was keen on finding a job before, my ass is on fire now.

Barsook

• The Sense of Openness
« Reply #9549 on: May 05, 2011, 02:01:46 PM »
I have to study how a Planaria behaves for a week...fun.