Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 881758 times)

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2008, 11:01:56 PM »
Sleep deprived. Essays. Fucking essays. Fucking end of semester essays.
I have to write a ten page essay tonight. This was after I wrote a ten page essay two days ago. I have a three page essay due tomorrow, as well. At 8 fucking AM. Guess what I have due Tuesday? Another goddamn essay.
What's my reward for when I'm done with essays? Tests. Fucking tests.
Wee.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
You find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
A staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Vessol

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2008, 11:12:25 PM »
It was awhile ago, but all this waiting talk reminds me of how horrible MEPS was. I was there for like 4 days and 3 of them was spent sitting in the waiting room for 8 hours every day because they didn't have enough doctors to process everyone those days-no tv, couldn't sleep, no reading.

Ghost

« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2008, 11:15:47 PM »
Be glad if you are not working all day (7.30 am 7.30 pm most days, sometimes it may go much later such as 3 am) so that you can finish the experiment before the conference date

be glad if you do not have a bunch of students to teach/grade their papers as well

be glad that you do not have your projects and exams at a time like this
some of my posts are serious stuff

Bebop

« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2008, 11:18:22 PM »
I finally broke down and watched what happened to Dom's wife in Gears of War 2 and now I feel all sad and sick to my stomach.   :-[

Jingo

« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »
Still no more subbed episdodes for Mouryou No Hako  >:(
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won’t find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

cyberpatrol_735

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2008, 04:57:02 AM »
I'm fucking broke.

Does that count?
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

brytta.leofa

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »
I'm fluffin' broke.

This means that you're doing militia wrong.  ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

musashi

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2008, 09:45:33 AM »
I'm fluffin' broke.

This means that you're doing militia wrong.  ;)

Guild merchant is way more fun IRL than it is in Arm.
Quote from: i can haz mantis
Random Thought: Don't argue against Musasushi because.... really... you lose.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Musashi, I hate it when you're right. ;)
Quote from: Nyr
I redacted the whole redacted.

AmandaGreathouse

• Inspiration on Tap:
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2008, 10:03:27 AM »
My roommate and my husband got into a fistfight.
We now have to move.
My wisdom tooth is infected.
It'll take simple antibiotics to knock the infection out, but I have to pay the $800 to go to the emergency room for a $15 prescription of keflex.
I don't have the money for antibiotics.
I must ask my mother if you can live with her.
After I borrow the money for antibiotics.
And I'm out of cigarettes.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2008, 10:20:21 AM »
I woke up in the middle of the night, sinuses screaming, sore, and swollen.
The rest of my sleep does not go well.
My brats were in my room about 6am.
In chasing them back to their own bedrooms, I slammed the door of my own and knocked the expensive antique mirror off the wall, shattering it.
I then tell my wife it was an ugly piece of shit anyway so I'm not sorry it's gone.
As it belonged to her grandmother, this does not go over well.
Argument... GO.
I call her a dumb bitch and urge her to leave for work a few hours early so I don't have to listen to her shit.
She does.
Now I sit here, waiting for work in 45 minutes, dreading staring those bastards in their idiot faces because I know it will bring a frenzy of violence boiling up in my throat.
This will only be contained by heroic efforts of self control.
Ten hours of that today. Fucking bitches.

-WP isn't pleased this morning and it's mostly my own fault.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

staggerlee

« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2008, 10:21:52 AM »
I want to use Linux. I want to like Linux. I want for Linux to support common wireless cards. I understand why it doesn't.

Nevertheless, after spending a couple hours putzing with it this evening, I'm still running Windows.

I wound up swapping my video card out as a result of my choice to switch to linux, some products just aren't really supported - the ongoing proprietary vs open source struggles.  I was just running some onboard ATI piece of crap, and ATI is notoriously unsupported.  The new card is still ATI, but it's something of a cadillac, and fully supported by linux.

That said... I don't regret replacing the video card, the switch was worth it and has saved me enough time and money in other places to make up for it.  The best reason to keep running windows is games or other specifically unsupported software, but even then mac is often a better choice, particularly for design people.  Otherwise it's worth the switch, IMHO.

,,,uh, sorry for derailing the bitching, I just don't have much to complain about today. :D
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Cerelum

« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »
I walk into work today to get phone calls and e-mails that amount to:

1. My assistant manager is calling off for the next three days because her child has a staph infection (cellulitis) on his back.  She already has gone to the doctor and has antibiotics, but apparently must stay home with said child because he's sick.  I normally wouldn't be too twisted if I didn't know she lives with her mom and her mom doesn't work, thus could care for sick child.  When I brought up this idea to my assistant she told me I was insensitive and didn't understand that when a child is sick "There is no replacement for his mother." Give me a fucking break, I gotta find an excuse to fire her.

2. Two school districts I sell tuxedo shirts or as they call them, band shirts too, have dumped nearly $1000.00 in orders on me, which is great, as I make 5% of every sale I do, however they want about 116 shirts of various sizes by the end of the week and it's Wed.  plus the little band cretins haven't been measured yet.  When I brought up the idea to the band organizer that he might want to give me a little more time, he looks at me like I'm simple.  Am I asking too much?

3. This girl I'm screwing/dating whatever you wanna label it calls me, starts asking me stupid questions about the computer and how her brother has this program for his kids that she wants to bring home for her kids but it keeps saying it needs the cd.  She is under the incorrect guess that once it's installed it can be played anywhere and I have to explain copy-protection 101 for her which takes entirely too long on the phone and she doesn't understand anything when I'm done so says, "I'll talk to you about it later when you come over." so I now am doomed to repeat myself in computers-for-retards tongue for her later this evening when I just wanted to roll over to get a piece.

Bad day.

JaRoD
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

mansa

« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:26 AM »
The city transit buses went on strike last night at midnight.

I have an exam today, tomorrow, and on monday.

*Mutter.*
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Ampere

« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2008, 12:07:01 PM »

*Mutter.*

They announced the possibility of strike over a week ago.

*shrug*

Edited to add a complaint:  There's alot of snow.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 12:09:22 PM by Ampere »
Quote from: science
An early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

brytta.leofa

« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2008, 12:34:02 PM »
I want for Linux to support common wireless cards.

Ah, much better.  We'll see how this goes.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

mansa

« Reply #65 on: December 10, 2008, 12:56:19 PM »

*Mutter.*

They announced the possibility of strike over a week ago.

*shrug*

Edited to add a complaint:  There's alot of snow.

If I ever meet you, Ampere, I'm going to punch you in the face.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

BlackMagic0

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
I finally broke down and watched what happened to Dom's wife in Gears of War 2 and now I feel all sad and sick to my stomach.   :-[

Gears of War 2 made me want to punch someone in the face, that crap after the credits was lame.  >:(

Just made me go.. "Oh.. fucking great.. I did all this for nothing?!" Tis what it basically told you.

EDIT TO ADD: Basically the same as happened in the first (don't know why I would think I'd get something different), though I really do not wanna see a third one. Meh, stupid companies trying milk games for every penny.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 01:54:15 PM by BlackMagic0 »
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Briarfox

• Briar Art
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2008, 01:54:24 PM »
Impacted anal glands on a pissed off semi-wild cat. They get squirty and bitey. Overall bad.

Stupid slow-ass drivers in the fast lane who speed up when you're just about to pass them.

People who stand in line at the cafe and jabber away on their cell phone about the latest color and texture of their baby's vomit all the while ignoring the menu until they finally get to the barista and -then- take 5-10 minutes perusing the daily specials before deciding they want a complicated, extra-time consuming concoction.

Banana walnut bread. GRR.
Briar

And the Nonman King cried words that sting:
"Now to me you must confess,
For death above you hovers!"
And the Emissary answered ever wary:
"We are the race of flesh,
We are the race of lovers."
     -"Ballad of the Inchoroi"

Vessol

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:44 PM »

>:(

Bebop

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »
My heater went out and it just turned freaking cold as hell yesterday.  Why God, why?

Vessol

« Reply #70 on: December 10, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »
My heater went out and it just turned freaking cold as hell yesterday.  Why God, why?

God: Because you live in Texas, my child.

BlackMagic0

« Reply #71 on: December 10, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »

What is it at the moment and yesterday? 39 degrees it says for Houston, 49 degrees for San Ant, and 32 degrees for Dallas.  I go swimming in that kind of weather, that is the kind of weather you lay outside in the sun in shorts and a T-shirt.  8)  Tis just about 18 degrees here right now, not even cold at all.  :P

I am just joking around with you Bebop.

Idle Complaint of the Day:
Having to shove about 8 to 9 inches of snow off the damn car this morning to get to class. Annoying.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:39:20 PM by BlackMagic0 »
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #72 on: December 10, 2008, 03:34:02 PM »
Most depressing thread evar!

The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

LauraMars

• Helper
« Reply #73 on: December 10, 2008, 03:50:18 PM »
I was at a shoe sale and found this awesome pair of knee high suede boots that are normally 100 bucks, and they were on sale for SIXTEEN DOLLARS, PEOPLE.

And there was one pair left.  The right shoe was a seven and it fit me perfectly...the left shoe was a nine.  Heartbroken did I leave the shoe store.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A foreign presence contacts your mind.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #74 on: December 10, 2008, 04:09:10 PM »
I really like this thread. It reminds me how much better my life is than all of yours.