Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1710600 times)

th3kaiser

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29150 on: July 20, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
I'd already reported it before you posted. But as sarcasm is difficult with text, I genuinely wasn't sure you realized. But whatever. Bai.

triste

« Reply #29151 on: July 20, 2020, 04:32:32 PM »
Wasn't about you Kaiser, but yeah I also reported it before I roasted the bot. Probably reported it before you and was just having some fun.

Basically just trying to bring to light a fixable issue through humor that is clearly making people cranky. You can choose to laugh and read good intent instead of being cranky.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:34:56 PM by triste »
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

triste

« Reply #29152 on: July 29, 2020, 02:00:26 PM »
I learned an ex girlfriend of mine passed away last night. I just donated a gift to the college we went to in her name. Our mutual friend who knew her is going to dedicate his book to her. She died alone in Buenos Aires after cutting off contact with people and it hurts that she died alone like this. This is the second time an ex of mine has died in their twenties and it's heartbreaking and shitty.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

HeeBeeGB

« Reply #29153 on: August 07, 2020, 06:38:05 PM »
Have a severely infected cyst near my spine that was cut open and is horrible and need to get surgically removed. Luckily booked a doctor's appointment a month ago (soonest they could see me was a month later from calling). Developed other health problems in the meantime. HMO insurance truly sucks but is all I can afford. #america

Barsook

« Reply #29154 on: August 15, 2020, 03:05:51 PM »
The production value of Rocket League Championship Series really gone down the drain. This is the maybe third season and weekend that I seen an error in almost each broadcast. I feel like the health of that community for that e-sport has been failing since season 5. There used to so much community tournaments to watch as a causal fan. I not even sure if the new format is going to work even though it allows the bubble teams to be seen.

Fredd

« Reply #29155 on: August 15, 2020, 03:38:24 PM »
The production value of Rocket League Championship Series really gone down the drain. This is the maybe third season and weekend that I seen an error in almost each broadcast. I feel like the health of that community for that e-sport has been failing since season 5. There used to so much community tournaments to watch as a causal fan. I not even sure if the new format is going to work even though it allows the bubble teams to be seen.

didn't someone buy them, and ruin everything?
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Barsook

« Reply #29156 on: August 15, 2020, 03:40:25 PM »
I think not, that was before season 5 if I recall. Maybe before Season 1 even.

ETA: When I think about it, it started with one of the Dreamhacks (the summer one, I think) last year, not season 5. Season 5 had it issues but not due to production issues- was to one of the players not doing as well as I wanted them to do well in NA and one other issue. The lack of the Overtime show, I think. So, it's really from season 8 is when the issues started to get bad.

ETA 2: But it of started much earlier, maybe about the time that most of the weekly community tournaments orgs stop running them. I'm sure that big bubble team circuit over a few months back in 2018 was Psyonix's way of thanking those orgs like Rival E-sports and Nexus in NA. EU seems to be still strong though. Is this thing happening (the lack of weekly community tournaments) in the other e-sports because I know that Rival stopped running theirs for another game about the same time.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 06:58:01 PM by Barsook »

triste

« Reply #29157 on: August 24, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »
When I first moved to Seattle I immediately noticed how it was becoming more like San Francisco, and the very month I am moving out of this dump something happened that was SO MUCH like the sort of shit that happens in SF that my decision is fully validated:
- New neighbors with three cars moved in; they decided to take my reserved parking space without asking, in addition to taking another neighbor's space with two double-parked cars.
- Because they are double-parked in that other space, they block the driveway for EVERYONE
- Because they're blocking the driveway, these two neighbors RIPPED UP ALL THE FLOWERS AND PLANTS in front so that they can hop the curb when they need to park in my space.

Just the levels of disgusting selfishness here:
- These people are shamelessly stealing shit that doesn't belong to them.
- These neighbors SHAMELESSLY DESTROY PLANTLIFE which is literally the one remaining good thing about Washington and Seattle. The fucking plants. Because the humans here suck ass.

It's bad enough that my neighborhood is so shitty that people were getting shot at a cadence of once every three days within five miles of me a month or two ago. It's bad enough that my neighborhood has gotten so chaotic and neglected that I was violently raped by a meth-head five months ago. My only regret at this point is not going after these harmful idiots more; if I got my stupid neighbor's car towed for breaking the rules he wouldn't have gone whole hog and ripped up all the plants. If I prosecuted the guy who assaulted me he probs wouldn't be doing that shitty shit to other people. But I am too busy to go out of my way to make sure people who are doing the wrong thing get punished; really is it so much to ask that I can focus on living my life without other people being injurious and self-absorbed?

Shaydee

« Reply #29158 on: August 24, 2020, 06:10:57 PM »
Internet is acting up after 12 days of working absolutely fine and they can't send a technician out until next Monday.

I'm pissed.

Time to look into a new internet provider.

Shaydee

« Reply #29159 on: September 02, 2020, 08:55:02 AM »
Internet is acting up after 12 days of working absolutely fine and they can't send a technician out until next Monday.

I'm pissed.

The technician is coming today, within the next forty minutes or so, and my internet just magically started working?!
I'm so confused. Hopefully whatever the issue is it is an easy fix..

mansa

« Reply #29160 on: September 02, 2020, 11:20:46 AM »

I'm pissed.

The technician is coming today, within the next forty minutes or so, and my internet just magically started working?!

He might have checked the node and the tap in the neighbourhood before reaching out to you, and saw the problem and fixed it.
It probably wasn't a problem at your house specifically, but outside in the network.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Shaydee

« Reply #29161 on: September 02, 2020, 12:09:00 PM »

I'm pissed.

He might have checked the node and the tap in the neighborhood before reaching out to you, and saw the problem and fixed it.
It probably wasn't a problem at your house specifically, but outside in the network.

That is definitely possible, but he never showed up and when I called customer service they told me the technicians are way behind and won't get to me until this afternoon. I mean the internet seems to be working so I'm glad, but its slow so I am sure there are still some issues somewhere.

Fingers crossed the internet stays up but also that they can fix it and make it go faster.  ;D

triste

« Reply #29162 on: September 18, 2020, 08:44:00 PM »
Ruth Bader Ginsberg died. SO MUCH FOR HAPPINESS.

Pariah

« Reply #29163 on: September 19, 2020, 01:25:38 PM »
Dog snuck out the gate as my brother came over.  I was able to get her, but she's deaf and wants to run.  I'm worried one of these days she's gonna get snacked by a car.

Barsook

« Reply #29164 on: September 26, 2020, 08:04:33 AM »
Some left their car alarm on all day and night. And it's still going off and on. It's not mine.

triste

« Reply #29165 on: September 26, 2020, 09:56:35 AM »
The notion that justice can exist in an unequally applied form. The notion that justice can exist at all without truth or fairness.

"In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same. I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice, no matter who it's for or against." - Einstein

"God of Truth and Justice can never create distinctions of high and low among His own children." - Ghandi

"Truth and justice are above and beyond everything for the greatness of nations depends on them." - Emile Zola

"There really can be no peace without justice. There can be no justice without truth. And there can be no truth, unless someone rises up to tell you the truth." - Louis Farrakhan

"Truth never damages a cause that is just." - Ghandi again

"Do not worry. I will be fine for telling the truth."