Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1598949 times)

Barsook

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #29100 on: May 26, 2020, 02:34:21 PM »
The company that I worked for a month last year and just two months before all of this mess laid me off again! Being a contractor sucks. Or rather working for contacting companies suck.

Bebop

« Reply #29101 on: May 28, 2020, 01:49:31 AM »
My city is straight on fire.

I marched from where George Floyd was killed yesterday, only a few blocks from where I live to the third precinct.  I left as things were getting heated.  Watched protesters start tagging the building and cars.  Soon four police vehicles, the building and gates began to be destroyed.  Protesters were heading from the Target across the street to get milk for tear gas and eggs to throw.  Soon rubber bullets and tear gas were administered.

Day two, and tonight the horizon is on fire.  That Target has now been looted and his burning.  Whole apartment buildings under construction are burning.  A looter was shot and killed.  Bus stops are shattered and tagged.  Protesters have been wounded again and again, with massive rubber bullet bruises.

George's murderers still haven't been arrested.

I've protested the Iraqi War, marched in Occupy Wallstreet for two weeks, protested for Black Lives Matter and this is nothing like I've ever seen in my life.  The protesters are non-violent with each other.  I believe they're sending in the national guard.  I'm sickened by the police but proud of my city doing the work.

I marched for four hours yesterday, but I haven't been back out today.  I may take supplies down tomorrow if the National Guard hasn't taken over the area by then.  I can hear alarms and sirens going off in the distance.  My friends are all sharing their pictures and feeds.  This is crazy ya'll, I just had to vent it some where.  Holy shit.

Bebop

« Reply #29102 on: May 28, 2020, 01:35:46 PM »

valeria

• I have a writing page.
« Reply #29103 on: May 28, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »
Stay safe out there.  As a veteran protestor I'm sure you already know this, but if you DO go out, make sure you have a lawyer's phone number and an emergency contact number sharpied to your arm in case you're detained/arrested/injured.  Better safe than sorry.

I recommend checking on the National Lawyers Guild's website for an NLG phone number.  The NLG tends to organize lawyers at no cost for people detained at protests.  I could go on about how the NLG is ten thousand times better than the ACLU, but I won't.
A Kuraci regular shouts, in sirihish:
     "Bad move, fool!"
A Kuraci regular slashes a filthy grey rat on its body.

Bebop

« Reply #29104 on: May 29, 2020, 03:09:08 PM »
Welp south Minneapolis is a warzone.  Dozens of buildings and cars burned to the ground.  Post offices. Banks.  The police department.  It was full on anarchy for several blocks last night.  Police and firefighters abandoned the area.  They finally arrested the murderer but I think rioters have turned their eyes to downtown now.  St. Paul was ransacked.  Buildings are boarded up.  Some people are getting out of town completely.  Five hundred national guard stationed but leadership has been gratefully focused on de escalating.  Gonna go so some clean up around the city today.

Bebop

« Reply #29105 on: May 30, 2020, 01:01:08 AM »
I think I'll be leaving town tomorrow.  Riot police are stationed all around the block one mile from me and just shot protesters in the face with rubber bullets.  A predator drone is circling the city, as are helicopters constantly.  It literally feels like a war zone.  To say I'm stressed tonight is an understatement, as much as I support the movement.  I am hearing cars honking and smell burning in the air.  The block the police are now occupying was set on fire at several places around it.  Shit is freaky and unsettling.

Doublepalli

« Reply #29106 on: May 30, 2020, 03:26:49 AM »
Welp south Minneapolis is a warzone.  Dozens of buildings and cars burned to the ground.  Post offices. Banks.  The police department.  It was full on anarchy for several blocks last night.  Police and firefighters abandoned the area.  They finally arrested the murderer but I think rioters have turned their eyes to downtown now.  St. Paul was ransacked.  Buildings are boarded up.  Some people are getting out of town completely.  Five hundred national guard stationed but leadership has been gratefully focused on de escalating.  Gonna go so some clean up around the city today.

They didnt finally arrest the murderer. Theres 3 cops that were there other than that 1 that let it happen. Charges are on the way for them too. Accomplices of murder.

But the bigger issue is its 3rd degree and not first. The first offixer gets off easy. They lose their job, move to a different state and get hired by a different law enforcement force. It happens all the time.

/when will the murdering of colored individuals stop/

Protest is set for tmrw in Clayton in Saint Louis. Clayton is one of the whitest, richest areas in STL and its next door to city hall. Its going to be a bloodbath.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 03:37:05 AM by Doublepalli »

AdamBlue

« Reply #29107 on: May 30, 2020, 06:41:16 AM »
Stay safe, folks. Especially you, Bebop. The entire US is exploding in a storm of violence and anger, and everyone has got to be careful.

Bebop

« Reply #29108 on: May 30, 2020, 01:04:59 PM »
Yes I'm aware charges are significantly lacking.  O am all the way on the side of the protesters.  The riots happened 5 blocks from me last night.  Bank, post office and gas station were on fire.  Smoke was coming through the windows.  Fire works were going off. I went to sleep to the sound of gunshots.  Last night was intense.  Armed white supremacists were trying to move in on black owned business in the chaos.  Unsurprisingly, cops almost tried to arrest the owner of vegan soul food restaurant Trio who is black and was "not far enough inside the door" of his business on Lake.  Shit is CRAZY here.  Whole blocks are gone.  Ontop of that helicopters and a predator drone could be heard circling all night.  Thousands of people are on the streets. In St Paul they said 80% of those arrested aren't from here. People are coming in as far as LA  to protest and fight.   Riot police were taking control of multiple blocks near me.   That's what they get for murdering people in cold blood BUT I may need to relocate tonight because shit was pretty intense sitting in a studio listening to it all and watching the feeds.  I'm waiting for full on war to break out.  Hopefully it doesn't come to that.

bardbard#4

« Reply #29109 on: June 02, 2020, 02:51:18 PM »
Please stay safe Bebop.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

Pale Horse

« Reply #29110 on: June 02, 2020, 10:44:51 PM »
Unstable game, lately.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

mirk_o_loio

« Reply #29111 on: June 03, 2020, 03:51:30 PM »
Went to work this morning thinking I'D have to work only today and on friday...

Company was like: "fuck you, hahah."

->Work tomorrow, friday, saturday and sunday.

Ten hours tomorrow and twelve for friday saturday and sunday.
Tek's Balls - See Utep's teeth.

If life gives you lemons, open a lemonade stand untill you make millions, invest into weapons and go to war.

HortaCulture

« Reply #29112 on: June 25, 2020, 10:11:34 PM »
I live in Arizona which is experiencing a covid explosion, hospitals are rapidly approaching surge capacity, like there are more people sick in this state than my entire home country... and the dumb shits who live here are protesting because the government is telling them to wear masks, and this infringes on their fucking freedom somehow... As if there are not hundreds public safety related laws they agree to without question daily, because you know.. common fucking sense?

I hope they start protesting being unable to smoke in hospitals.

Oh yeah and Trump came here and kept calling covid "kung flu" like a racist piece of shit.

HRRRR..Derp.

triste

« Reply #29113 on: June 26, 2020, 12:40:03 AM »
Oh yeah and Trump came here and kept calling covid "kung flu" like a racist piece of shit.

This is why people need to fight against actual racists and racism.

Punch up, not down, people. Remember where this pain comes from. You know what to do in November.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Barsook

« Reply #29114 on: June 26, 2020, 08:50:04 AM »
A stupid amber alert woke me up in the middle of the night. I haven't really gotten those in a dead while because of my no-contract carrier, Ultra.

triste

« Reply #29115 on: June 26, 2020, 03:35:33 PM »
Eloi silencing the Morlocks on matters of Morlock rights.

The knowledge and feeling of being repressed, and being unable to do anything because you are being repressed.

The feeling of being unfairly driven underground.

No one will like how this tale turns out, assuming one is still allowed to openly discuss literature.
will do my best to maintain https://tristearmageddon.github.io/arma-guild-picker/, message me if something there needs an update.

Barsook

« Reply #29116 on: June 29, 2020, 04:13:40 PM »
The Internet really lost it's appeal to me over the last ten years. I miss the first ten years (the 2000's).

triste

« Reply #29117 on: June 29, 2020, 04:14:24 PM »
The Internet really lost it's appeal to me over the last ten years. I miss the first ten years (the 2000's).

Same. Let us hope the pendulum swings back.

Barsook

« Reply #29118 on: June 29, 2020, 04:20:24 PM »
I blame the social media, news, and Twitch/YouTube. I used to watch Twitch and YouTube a lot but the ads are just killing it and I'm worried about the health of some of those streamers- the speedrunners. As for the ads, YouTube's break the immersion and not related to the videos that I watch. And Twitch's ads are way too white male focused and unhealthy for the food ads. So sad. I already unplugged myself to all of those places and I fear that GDB will be next aside from clan boards.

I'm going to say that I wish did care for the lore of Neopets back in the 2000's, but alas I was 10 when I first joined. Not kidding.

Just like Bepop, my energy can be put to other uses.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:22:06 PM by Barsook »

triste

« Reply #29119 on: June 29, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
I blame the social media, news, and Twitch/YouTube. I used to watch Twitch and YouTube a lot but the ads are just killing it and I'm worried about the health of some of those streamers- the speedrunners. As for the ads, YouTube's break the immersion and not related to the videos that I watch. And Twitch's ads are way too white male focused and unhealthy for the food ads. So sad. I already unplugged myself to all of those places and I fear that GDB will be next aside from clan boards.

I'm going to say that I wish did care for the lore of Neopets back in the 2000's, but alas I was 10 when I first joined. Not kidding.

Just like Bepop, my energy can be put to other uses.

Your blame is well placed IMO. What determines those ads you see in part? Analytics and algorithms, and the most common class of algorithm used for ads are clustering algorithms that categorize and silo people. The dangerous implications of this are obvious and organizations like the IRA and Cambridge Analytica have exploited it. Evacuating this environment, at least in an election season, is wise.

Barsook

« Reply #29120 on: June 29, 2020, 04:57:12 PM »
I'm aware of that. I was just too lazy to post that part. Hence why one of my posts is asking for a small, private forum or heck, even a federation. I'm more social Online then in person and I want to find like-minded people like me.

triste

« Reply #29121 on: June 30, 2020, 09:18:02 AM »
Yesterday two kids were shot 5 miles from me in CHOP. This morning a woman was shot 0.9 miles from me. It's bad enough that some awful shit happened to me two months ago. I just didn't imagine that the sort of crime and chaos I remember from my early childhood would come back to this country.

triste

« Reply #29122 on: June 30, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »
Other complaint are people who fail to see the value of media like A Clockwork Orange

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #29123 on: June 30, 2020, 05:36:15 PM »
A contracting job, for a well-known Cybersecurity company, that I was being highly considered for - Is most likely going to end up a bust, due to the loss of sponsorship, for the program, due to uncertainties regarding COVID-19. I would've been working with space systems, which is beyond phenomenal, to me.

Also, Cyberpunk 2077 got delayed a bit longer (although I'm fine with the delay, for the sake of making the game more refined).
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Vex

« Reply #29124 on: June 30, 2020, 07:00:46 PM »
Being constantly bombarded, everywhere I go, with the insistence that black lives matter.

There is one race: HUMAN. ALL lives matter.

The insincerity of America, especially the parasitic media, is disgusting.
"Mortals do drown so."