Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1558857 times)

Gunnerblaster

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28925 on: May 16, 2019, 05:37:03 AM »
The guy with the cameras saw what he looked like and left his dog outside while he watched the cameras and his window.  Had his wife move the car down the block and he waited for three hours or something and the guy returned.

He shot him in the chest with a shotgun and is now awaiting trial.  Hopefully he gets off.  The guy was found with poisoned meat on his corpse. Hopefully they let him go.
Good riddance.

Unfortunately, that dude basically committed first degree murder. So, yeah. I'm pretty sure there was a multitude of other ways that it could've been handled.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Synthesis

« Reply #28926 on: May 16, 2019, 04:48:46 PM »
The guy with the cameras saw what he looked like and left his dog outside while he watched the cameras and his window.  Had his wife move the car down the block and he waited for three hours or something and the guy returned.

He shot him in the chest with a shotgun and is now awaiting trial.  Hopefully he gets off.  The guy was found with poisoned meat on his corpse. Hopefully they let him go.
Good riddance.

Unfortunately, that dude basically committed first degree murder. So, yeah. I'm pretty sure there was a multitude of other ways that it could've been handled.

Call the police, geeeeeze.

But yeah.  I don't think the law has caught up to how people really feel about their pets.  That's definitely some murderous rage-inducing shit.

On the other hand, that's why we have juries. If I was on the jury, it'd be an acquittal or a mistrial, straight up.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #28927 on: May 16, 2019, 05:03:41 PM »
I mean, the reason we have laws against murder isn't that nobody ever "deserves" it; I'd be surprised if the majority of murderees hadn't really pissed off their murderer. The commandment applies even when you really really want to murder someone.

But yeah, hard to not feel a sense of satisfaction that Random Asshole Poisoner Dude suffered the fury.
Memento mori.

Cerelum

« Reply #28928 on: May 16, 2019, 05:53:12 PM »
I haven’t been able to find shit about besides what the guys wife told me on Facebook.

I guess the news doesn’t really give a shit.  But he’s in county jail, I gotta figure out how I put money on his food card or whatever.

If I would have caught him when he poisoned my dog I would have done the same thing.

I’m hoping it his wife will let me know when he goes to court, she said in the original post he might be claiming some insanity plea.
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Synthesis

« Reply #28929 on: May 16, 2019, 06:06:36 PM »
I mean, the reason we have laws against murder isn't that nobody ever "deserves" it; I'd be surprised if the majority of murderees hadn't really pissed off their murderer. The commandment applies even when you really really want to murder someone.

But yeah, hard to not feel a sense of satisfaction that Random Asshole Poisoner Dude suffered the fury.

The law usually describes circumstances where deadly force is justified, but as a juror, you have the privilege of voting your conscience, not just what the law says.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28930 on: May 16, 2019, 06:11:36 PM »
Sounds like premeditation to me. If those are the facts, guy is done for.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

MeTekillot

« Reply #28931 on: May 16, 2019, 06:53:58 PM »
Should have invested in rock salt shells.
My thoughts.

A sex and torture survey upon character creation

Synthesis

« Reply #28932 on: May 16, 2019, 07:47:50 PM »
Sounds like premeditation to me. If those are the facts, guy is done for.

I would've expected you to be on board with a little vigilantism, now and then.  Due process isn't very metal.

Brytta Léofa

« Reply #28933 on: May 16, 2019, 08:04:01 PM »
The law usually describes circumstances where deadly force is justified, but as a juror, you have the privilege of voting your conscience, not just what the law says.

I'm not dissing Jury Nullification T-Shirt. I'm just taking the (courageous, contrarian) stance that there's both prudential and moral reasons to not murder people, and that said reasons (certainly on the prudential front, probably on the moral front) aren't contingent on our prospective murderees not deserving it.
Memento mori.

Synthesis

« Reply #28934 on: May 16, 2019, 08:42:48 PM »

I'm not dissing Jury Nullification T-Shirt. I'm just taking the (courageous, contrarian) stance that there's both prudential and moral reasons to not murder people, and that said reasons (certainly on the prudential front, probably on the moral front) aren't contingent on our prospective murderees not deserving it.

There are also prudential and moral reasons not to incarcerate people, and said reasons (certainly on the prudential front) aren't contingent on our prospective murderers not having broken the law.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28935 on: May 16, 2019, 08:49:02 PM »

I would've expected you to be on board with a little vigilantism, now and then.  Due process isn't very metal.

I didn't say I was against the occasional vigilante handling business. Just that this guy premeditated it and everyone knows.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Bebop

« Reply #28936 on: May 17, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »
If someone hurt my dogs I would be facing an assault charge at the very least. People who hurt animals are sociopaths that will never deserve or be able to understand empathy and can eat it.  If someone intentionally hurt someone I love human or otherwise, it would be on.  The laws should protect animals.  But laws historically haven't exactly been a great moral compass.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #28937 on: May 17, 2019, 01:38:44 PM »
Laws peaked with Hammurabi and Draco*, anyway.

*Though a case can be made for Solon's being more effective.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:42:31 PM by BadSkeelz »
janeshephard: You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Miradus: He's not some weird mental abomination. He's just a guy on the internet.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28938 on: May 18, 2019, 02:05:22 AM »
There are such huge swaths of people who have such an incredibly shallow understanding of science. They constantly disrespect the knowledge we have gained and treat it like it is all conjecture and random hypotheses. They lump together the theoretical bleeding edge science with the tested and applied physical sciences so that they can discredit it all behind the facade of skepticism.

But they never use that skepticism to spark their curiosity and learn something about what they are talking about. They never do the research, or when they do it's random YouTube videos and Facebook posts instead of credible sources.  Instead they use skepticism as a security blanket to shield themselves from having to think critically about anything.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:08:01 AM by RogueGunslinger »

lordcooper

« Reply #28939 on: May 18, 2019, 06:26:31 AM »
There are such huge swaths of people who have such an incredibly shallow understanding of science. They constantly disrespect the knowledge we have gained and treat it like it is all conjecture and random hypotheses. They lump together the theoretical bleeding edge science with the tested and applied physical sciences so that they can discredit it all behind the facade of skepticism.

But they never use that skepticism to spark their curiosity and learn something about what they are talking about. They never do the research, or when they do it's random YouTube videos and Facebook posts instead of credible sources.  Instead they use skepticism as a security blanket to shield themselves from having to think critically about anything.

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28940 on: May 18, 2019, 10:23:36 AM »
I closed the garage door hanging handle in my door and my friend backed the car into the just barely closed garage door. So I need to pay to get that fixed. I was just about to be financially semi-stable. That sure is a bitch. So it goes.
My thoughts.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28941 on: May 26, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »
I wish I had enough time to play another leadership role.
My thoughts.

James de Monet

« Reply #28942 on: May 27, 2019, 04:40:28 AM »
I wish I had enough time to play another leadership role.

Or really...any role at all.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28943 on: June 01, 2019, 11:11:38 PM »
MeTekillot on the wailing wall.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 11:36:52 PM by MeTekillot »
My thoughts.

Cerelum

MeTekillot

« Reply #28945 on: June 02, 2019, 12:24:45 AM »
My narcissism roots deeply in my instinct for self-preservation. I'm not going to kill myself.
My thoughts.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28946 on: June 02, 2019, 11:14:06 PM »
Got a cold and coughed myself into like my sixth nosebleed this year. I have really thin nose veins because I pick my nose a lot. I'm gross.
My thoughts.

Cerelum

« Reply #28947 on: June 02, 2019, 11:55:16 PM »
My job has changed from personal responsibility metrics to group metrics.  Which means my raises and other shit are tied to people other than myself now.

These same people say things like, “I can’t ask them to buy that, it’s too expensive.”

When I remind them we are a for profit business they push back with their unease of asking for large sums of money from people.

I literally have to have this conversation three or four times a day.  I don’t work at an accounting firm, so why are all these people acting like they are the customers accountant?

I’m not sure why we can’t hire sales staff who don’t sell from their own pocket, goodbye bonus for me.

Hauwke

« Reply #28948 on: June 03, 2019, 01:09:46 AM »
Got a cold and coughed myself into like my sixth nosebleed this year. I have really thin nose veins because I pick my nose a lot. I'm gross.

You can get those burned so they bleed for like half a second and super light. Definately recommend asking a doctor about it.

Bebop

« Reply #28949 on: June 06, 2019, 11:23:58 AM »
I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled today which already won't be fun.  And on top of that I'm having a horrible allergy cold.  Yay.  Painful gums, watering eyes and runny nose.  Great way to start the weekend when I haven't had a full day off in a week and a half.  (-_-)