Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1192058 times)

Marauder Moe

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28825 on: February 03, 2019, 09:29:56 PM »
Friend: "Hey, I'm looking at a house in your area.  How is the airplane noise?"
Me: "Airplane noise?  Uh, I've never been bothered by it..."
Friend: "Cool, thanks."

NOW I CAN HEAR ALL THE AIRPLANES.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28826 on: February 06, 2019, 07:19:30 PM »
Ran out of cigarettes.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 08:12:46 PM by MeTekillot »
we are here to hack motherfuckers up with bone swords,

Bebop

« Reply #28827 on: February 08, 2019, 02:32:17 PM »
Working from home in theory is cool.  In actuality it's so hard to focus and I miss having my stuff.  Tempted to try and brave it to the office.  Damn you negative temps and many a snow inch.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28828 on: February 10, 2019, 03:05:49 AM »
I'm enjoying the benefits of fitness but I'm not sure I like how physically imposing it's making me. I don't want people to be intimidated by me and I don't know how to overcome my naturally uncanny body language to put others at ease, yet.

Hauwke

« Reply #28829 on: February 10, 2019, 03:17:53 AM »
I'm enjoying the benefits of fitness but I'm not sure I like how physically imposing it's making me. I don't want people to be intimidated by me and I don't know how to overcome my naturally uncanny body language to put others at ease, yet.

You would need to be very, very large to intimidate me in any way that was accidental, more often than not however, I find that stronger, or bulkier people are generally more gentle with things and so put me at ease more than stress me out. Just me though, so take it with a grain of salt.

The7DeadlyVenomz

« Reply #28830 on: February 10, 2019, 03:26:07 AM »
Yeah, it's the little mothafuckas that go ham to be badasses. Big people just do their thing, because they've generally never had to prove they were badasses. Obviously, both of those statements are generalizations ... I guess the really small, really buff guys are kind of a pain in the ass too.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28831 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »
Got overstimulated at work today and started slamming things by mistake and my masking started faltering. Coworkers obviously uncomfortable but too intimidated by Lurch to inquire. Went outside to huddlecrouch in a corner in a smoking area to self soothe without realizing what I was doing. Made my exit in time to see security coming to investigate because people obviously said something about the 6' 3" guy with a serial killer face hiding behind a trash can. Went home early. Don't have an official diagnosis to get accommodations so that's months of effort to not get fired for going home early on my bad days.

Bebop

« Reply #28832 on: February 14, 2019, 11:41:07 PM »
Was having a good day before a doctor said a symptom I was having could be a kidney infection and go to the ER.  Went to the ER terrified like how do I suddenly have a kidney infection.  Turns out, from my pee I do not have a kidney infection.  SO ... I have to follow up with my primary care doctor and now it is almost 11 pm and I am tired and hungry and shaken.  Not my best Valentine's Day.  Universe, why you do this?

MeTekillot

« Reply #28833 on: Today at 09:47:28 AM »
People who can accidentally eat enough to gain weight, I resent, just a little bit.