Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1168252 times)

RogueGunslinger

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28575 on: May 13, 2018, 07:24:54 AM »
The Expanse got canceled.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #28576 on: May 13, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

That sucks. I was really enjoying that series, too.

Edited to add:
From what I read, cancelled on Syfy but they have plans to attempt to find another buyer for the series. They'll also complete season 3, at the very least.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 05:09:04 PM by Gunnerblaster »
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Laura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28577 on: May 13, 2018, 10:51:54 PM »
My kids keep pushing This is America on me and I don't get it. The video is clever and artsy, I respect that. He is making a lot of statements there and it is moving. Well played.

The song itself is goddamned awful. Shit. There isn't even a clever hook or big fat hiphop beat. What am I missing?
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

MeTekillot

« Reply #28578 on: May 13, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »
It's not a banger but certainly passable. I wouldn't say hot garbage.
"The winner of a knife fight is usually the one that wants it most."

manipura

« Reply #28579 on: May 14, 2018, 07:50:15 AM »
18 months or so.
I forget the name of the brand of dogfood but my wife is good about researching stuff like this. I am sure it is a high quality brand. EDIT: Pedigree Adult/  Complete Nutrition
The dewormer is whatever the vet gave us. I assume he knows his business.

Pedigree, despite being a well-known dog food brand, tends to be heavy on fillers and low-protein ingredients like corn and generic meat by products.  Young working and sporting dogs usually need a good bit of protein and that particular Pedigree formula is only about 21% protein.  Honestly, it's not a brand I would feed my pup.  I did a lot of research and comparisons of different brands when I changed Llywela's food to something higher quality and in the end I went with WellnessCORE Grain-Free which is about 34% protein.  She gets fed twice a day and one of those feedings is topped with a little scoop of a Stella & Chewy mix-in.

An interesting website which rates and reviews most dog foods based on their individual ingredients and how beneficial or controversial they are is Dog Food Advisor and I can see just by quickly scanning over parts of the American Bloodhound Club's website that it gives lots of good advice and information on the needs of the breed.

Might be worth it to poke through some of that info and maybe consider changing what you're feeding your pup.  Good luck with it!

manipura

« Reply #28580 on: May 14, 2018, 07:56:40 AM »
I was really looking forward to the second season of Westworld but so far it's really been a let down and I'm finding it difficult to get invested. :-\

Akaramu

« Reply #28581 on: May 14, 2018, 08:38:55 AM »

:o Why? Isn't it insanely successful?

lordcooper

« Reply #28582 on: May 14, 2018, 01:38:28 PM »
The cancellation decision by Syfy is said to be linked to the nature of its agreement for the series, which only gives the cable network first-run linear rights in the U.S. That puts an extraordinary amount of emphasis on live, linear viewing, which is inherently challenging for sci-fi/genre series that tend to draw the lionís share of their audiences from digital/streaming.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/the-expanse-canceled-syfy-after-three-seasons-to-be-shopped-1202388026/
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28583 on: May 14, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
I was really looking forward to the second season of Westworld but so far it's really been a let down and I'm finding it difficult to get invested. :-\

The Quality has noticeably dropped. Writing most of all has been bad throughout, but also some lighting and sets and the editing were all noticably bad in the second episode of this season. One set in particular with Bernard in the city looked straight from a stage play.

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #28584 on: May 15, 2018, 02:43:07 AM »
Roughly 60% of the keys don't work, for some reason, on my laptop's keyboard. Since I use a wired keyboard and external monitor, it's never been an issue - Until I realized I'm going to have to take this thing on the go, when I start my programming courses on the 29th.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28585 on: May 15, 2018, 01:41:03 PM »
Get one of those foldable rubber keyboards. Great for on the go.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28586 on: May 16, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
Why don't you just spend thousands of dollars on a new laptop? What are you, poor?

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28587 on: May 16, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
Laptop keyboards, especially older models, are generally very straightforward to replace. I've done it twice on a Mac and a windows laptop. Not expensive either. I would definitely suggest doing some research and seeing if that's a viable option for you.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Gunnerblaster

« Reply #28588 on: May 17, 2018, 03:49:25 AM »
It's honestly on the fritz and could be any number of issues. It's a laptop that operates as a PC. I had to unplug the internal battery because, when plugged in, it refuses to turn on - Even when plugged into the power cable. I unplugged the battery and just left it inside the laptop and it works, when plugged in.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28589 on: May 18, 2018, 05:04:47 AM »
That's strange. Probably need to replace the battery or charging cable. D is right about it laptop keyboards being fairly easy to replace. At least my HP one was. Just slightly more complicated than replacing the hard drive, or stick of ram. I had to unscrew it and then unplug it from the mobo.

Youtube has a million guides.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #28590 on: May 30, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
One of those days where it seems everything I do is about 10% incorrect.

WithSprinkles

« Reply #28591 on: May 30, 2018, 04:42:26 PM »
My boyfriend decided to get a new lamp for his desk in the office. He happily tested it out for a second and then left, happy that he can use it to build models.

Meanwhile, I'm dazedly blinking a new sunspot out of my eyeball. Gonna have to ask him to move that mini spotlight::)

Hauwke

« Reply #28592 on: May 30, 2018, 05:21:44 PM »
The government screwed me over and I got paid $1 this week. Fun.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28593 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »
I am angry all the time.

boog

« Reply #28594 on: May 30, 2018, 09:27:41 PM »
Keto sucks when you can't have almond flour in the house because your kid's allergic.

:-\
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28595 on: May 31, 2018, 03:11:47 AM »
My friend has a cat she's too lazy to spay. She's vegetarian but apparently doesn't care about her own animal's welfare very much. Then again she is and has been completely leeching off her mom forever.

MeTekillot

« Reply #28596 on: June 01, 2018, 06:21:48 AM »
My HOH(hard-of-hearing) coworker is a total diva and I'm 60% sure he feigns not being able to hear me sometimes just to punish me because he's frustrated at working a job that doesn't let him take a break until an hour before his shift ends. I do not know how to deal with passive aggressive people. He slams things at work loud enough to make my ears ring though I don't know if that's because he's more than half deaf, but he still complains when I clumsily set things down, so I suspect it's because he's irritated? I don't understand people but he's loud and grumpy and has old music taste.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 06:23:33 AM by MeTekillot »

ShaiHulud

« Reply #28597 on: June 01, 2018, 07:37:11 AM »
Wow, I guess I am old, because -young music tastes- were what I thought was hip to complain about. Or at least accurate to despise.
The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God? -Muad'Dib

So let's all go focus on our own roleplay before anyone picks up a stone to throw. -Sanvean

MeTekillot

« Reply #28598 on: June 01, 2018, 07:51:49 AM »
The hottest gay club hits of 2003 aren't my taste.

Riev

« Reply #28599 on: June 01, 2018, 09:32:12 AM »
New co-worker placed in my cubicle section. Nice girl, lots of personal drama between ex-husband and child. I have to hear all about it, all about the lawyers, and all about how her "current guy" is the best and the most wonderful, etc etc.

I try to do my work while occasionally looking up and responding appropriately, but that just eggs her on to talk more.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.