Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1137359 times)

Akaramu

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28350 on: January 11, 2018, 11:58:51 AM »
That reminds me of what I think of 40 year old men who hunt down 20 year olds.

If the 20 year olds were hunting the 40 year old man (and not for money), what would you think then?

Should he say 'sorry, you're too young, kthxbye' to someone who could star in a Paco Rabanne commercial?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:00:50 PM by Akaramu »

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #28351 on: January 11, 2018, 12:37:10 PM »
I would think that it's weird and that the 20 year old has some issues.

Also, yes. Having spent a good deal of time working with young adults for the past few years has enlightened me as to how undeveloped/immature they tend to be. Comprehending a relationship with a 20 year old even as I am a 30 year old man makes me feel like I'd be taking advantage of them. They're quite vulnerable at that age emotionally imo.

With that being said I don't think anyone should care or regulate it. I know plenty of young men who find cougs who are more than happy to pamper them. I just know what I'd say about it to someone I mentor at that age group.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 12:39:46 PM by Is Friday »
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Akaramu

« Reply #28352 on: January 11, 2018, 03:09:20 PM »
Also, yes. Having spent a good deal of time working with young adults for the past few years has enlightened me as to how undeveloped/immature they tend to be. Comprehending a relationship with a 20 year old even as I am a 30 year old man makes me feel like I'd be taking advantage of them. They're quite vulnerable at that age emotionally imo.

Agreed. Fortunately we're talking mid twenties. And definitely not immature or vulnerable.

But, uh, let's stop derailing the thread! Move along, nothing to see here.  :-X
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 03:11:56 PM by Akaramu »

ShaLeah

« Reply #28353 on: January 12, 2018, 09:13:04 AM »

Agreed. Fortunately we're talking mid twenties. And definitely not immature or vulnerable.

But, uh, let's stop derailing the thread! Move along, nothing to see here.  :-X

That's right gurrrrrrl cause you owning that shit!
Quote from: Anonymous
I'm sorry to see that your personal resolution to this went in that direction, but wish you the best.

Melkor

« Reply #28354 on: January 12, 2018, 11:50:34 AM »
Cougars <3

That is all.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LucildaHunta

« Reply #28355 on: January 14, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »
That feeling when both of your picks are going to get knocked out of the NFL playoffs.  :'(
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Riev

« Reply #28356 on: January 15, 2018, 09:28:30 AM »
It was low 50s Thursday and Friday.

Today it is 5.

Second floor office. If its ABOVE 30, we can turn on the A/C unit. If not, we are heated by THE ONES WHO WORK BELOW and our office reaches about 82 all day.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

ShaLeah

« Reply #28357 on: January 15, 2018, 10:04:35 AM »
That feeling when both of your picks are going to get knocked out of the NFL playoffs.  :'(

So disappointed.  :(
I'm sorry to see that your personal resolution to this went in that direction, but wish you the best.

LucildaHunta

« Reply #28358 on: January 15, 2018, 10:06:35 AM »

The Saints game was the worst. I felt depressed afterwards.
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

ShaLeah

« Reply #28359 on: January 15, 2018, 10:15:58 AM »

The Saints game was the worst. I felt depressed afterwards.
I'm a die hard Steelers fan. I didn't see the other all the way through. 

It's really heartbreaking to get knocked out that early.  I jinxed that shit by wearing an away jersey.   :'(

Akaramu

« Reply #28360 on: January 16, 2018, 02:00:59 PM »
The grocery store was all out of walnuts today. NOOOOOOOOOO

Marauder Moe

« Reply #28361 on: January 16, 2018, 09:25:44 PM »
Dealing with taxes.

The IRS gets copies of all your various tax forms and they plug it into their computers and know what to expect when you file your taxes.  I KNOW this is true because, for reasons I'm actually still not clear on, last year they sent me a letter saying I (Turbotax?) made a mistake in your taxes and owe $45 more.

So like, why can't they calculate all the things and send me a bill?  Maybe show the math so I can look it over and be like "Yeah, seems right." and cut them a check or accept refund.  If I disagree with the math, THEN I can go do my taxes the old fashioned way and see how it shakes out.

Seems like that would be a tax reform idea that would ACTUALLY save an enormous amount of time/stress for the American people and save a ton on IRS bureaucracy as well.

Sayyadina

« Reply #28362 on: January 17, 2018, 12:41:34 PM »
Dealing with taxes.

The IRS gets copies of all your various tax forms and they plug it into their computers and know what to expect when you file your taxes.  I KNOW this is true because, for reasons I'm actually still not clear on, last year they sent me a letter saying I (Turbotax?) made a mistake in your taxes and owe $45 more.

So like, why can't they calculate all the things and send me a bill?  Maybe show the math so I can look it over and be like "Yeah, seems right." and cut them a check or accept refund.  If I disagree with the math, THEN I can go do my taxes the old fashioned way and see how it shakes out.

Seems like that would be a tax reform idea that would ACTUALLY save an enormous amount of time/stress for the American people and save a ton on IRS bureaucracy as well.

What you propose is almost exactly what is done in Japan. Read about it here to learn why we don't have that system in the US.
“No more should you doubt this, my prince – my sisters and I shall not wait ten-and-seven years for our vengeance.”

--Lady Nymeria Sand, A Feast for Crows

Pale Horse

« Reply #28363 on: January 17, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »
I just spent five minutes standing at my front door wondering why it wasn't opening when I kept clicking my electronic car opener at it.  :'(

I am way more tired than I deserve to be.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

perfecto

« Reply #28364 on: January 17, 2018, 04:02:58 PM »
I just spent five minutes standing at my front door wondering why it wasn't opening when I kept clicking my electronic car opener at it.  :'(

I am way more tired than I deserve to be.

Don't forget to lock your car again ;)
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

TheWanderer

« Reply #28365 on: January 17, 2018, 09:26:40 PM »
Being in a group with no clan boards can be fucking mind-numbing.
Whatever happens, happens.

Hauwke

« Reply #28366 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:43 PM »
Being in a group with no clan boards can be fucking mind-numbing.
127% agreed.

I find myself needing to use OOC more when the clan does not have a board, if only because it is very annoying to convert IG time to OOC time using IG words.

Envy

« Reply #28367 on: January 18, 2018, 11:49:53 AM »
Got the Flu and was up all night being super sick. Fun times.
If they can lift inix with their stubby claws they can lift my fat ass with their beefy backs - Eves #TameableSiltFlyers

montarion

« Reply #28368 on: January 20, 2018, 11:02:44 PM »
Threw up a bunch and went to the ER. Whee. Probably flu.

Miradus

« Reply #28369 on: January 20, 2018, 11:19:44 PM »
I've been down for almost 5 days with the flu. Half my household had it in Texas and brought it to us here in Hawaii.

You go through stages ...

... thinking you're about to die ...
... wishing you would just die ...
... feeling better until you stand up and walk around and then back to the top ...

It's been extremely bad this year. I have read that over 30 children have died. Now that I'm coming out of it I feel pretty blessed I only lost some time and a few pounds.

boog

« Reply #28370 on: January 21, 2018, 12:07:59 AM »
I've got it, too.

Time to keep everyone hydrated and away from me.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Melkor

« Reply #28371 on: January 22, 2018, 10:47:19 AM »
about 100/1000 people at work were out sick last week. My whole crew looked like shit.

I take tamiflu via sweetgum tea. No viruses for me!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

boog

« Reply #28372 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:38 PM »
I never got sick either, until I had kids. :)
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28373 on: January 22, 2018, 04:47:53 PM »
It's so gray and drizzly and dreary outside, which makes me want to curl up and nap. Instead I'm doing homework and working an evening shift. Harumph.
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Akaramu

« Reply #28374 on: January 29, 2018, 06:37:02 PM »
Only ate a tomato soup and some salad (with tiny bits of fried bread and bacon) today and now it's past midnight and I'm just about DYING for veal escalope with cream sauce and mushrooms. Not spaghetti or a burger or any of my usual favorites, no, escalope with cream sauce. And mushrooms. Let's not forget the mushrooms.

This is bad. I'm trying to get some writing done ffs.

Edit to add: oh, and Reddit is annoying me more than usual today.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:48:34 PM by Akaramu »