Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 1155092 times)

Grapes

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28325 on: December 18, 2017, 01:58:37 AM »
Irritated with myself for me being stupid, but that's nothing new. Just, bah humbug.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Riev

« Reply #28326 on: December 18, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Didn't have internet access all weekend, which gave me a convenient excuse not to do my homework. This is my final class, and I have absolutely no motivation to "get it done and be over with it". There are too many implications.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Melkor

« Reply #28327 on: December 18, 2017, 04:08:49 PM »
I am trying to get these knives I forged finished up by Christmas, but I keep getting rained out. I try not to do any grinding or sanding inside my workshop, because I could do without the mess, but it looks like my only option.

Despite it being my first real attempt at blacksmithing, they are turning out pretty damned awesome, if I do say so myself. I just hope they are ready by Christmas, as I plan to give them as gifts. Two Karambits and one Bowie with a curved handle.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28328 on: December 19, 2017, 04:29:51 AM »
Tentative job offer for a job that pays 3.5x more than my current job, but would require me to give up a personal project I've worked on for months now and invested lots of my own and other people's money into.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Kialae

• Publicity Coordinator
« Reply #28329 on: December 19, 2017, 08:08:03 PM »
The ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission), which is Australia's highest authority on consumer affairs, informed me today that they can't fix my problems. I am utterly convinced that nobody is willing to represent my needs in life.

Akaramu

« Reply #28330 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
I haven't gotten any writing done in 4 days. Life and work got in the way, and then sheer exhaustion when I actually did have time. Spent those hours zzz'ing instead.

Haven't played a videogame in 4 days, either.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28331 on: December 19, 2017, 09:30:34 PM »
I paid $5,500 for repairs on my work 4wheeler. The scabby dude that did the welding on the cracked frame fishscaled it and it cracked off almost immediately. I took it up there today and he is trying to tell me I shouldn't have 'jumped it.' Yeah bro, I am not in the Xgames. I just ride it on the farm.  I go back to talk to the main dude tomorrow but their attitude is a problem. Just own your shitty work and fix it, dude.

I don't want to be on the evening news for dragging him over the counter and choking him but it is very tempting.

We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Grapes

« Reply #28332 on: December 19, 2017, 10:36:23 PM »
I paid $5,500 for repairs on my work 4wheeler. The scabby dude that did the welding on the cracked frame fishscaled it and it cracked off almost immediately. I took it up there today and he is trying to tell me I shouldn't have 'jumped it.' Yeah bro, I am not in the Xgames. I just ride it on the farm.  I go back to talk to the main dude tomorrow but their attitude is a problem. Just own your shitty work and fix it, dude.

I don't want to be on the evening news for dragging him over the counter and choking him but it is very tempting.

When I worked in a metal shop, I was told the weld should actually stronger than the original metal... unless you grind it down to make it look nice which can lower its resistance.
Quote from: Is Friday
If you ever hassle me IC for not playing much that means that I'm going to play even less or I'll forever write you off as a neckbeard chained to his computer. So don't be a dick.

Melkor

« Reply #28333 on: December 22, 2017, 02:59:41 AM »
My Kindle Paperwhite arrived early, today..... Broken. Now, even if I order it with next-day delivery, it wont come until the 26th. Fucking sucks.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28334 on: December 22, 2017, 08:27:39 AM »
We let my sons open FIFA for xb1 as an early gift last night. Won't install. The disk installation sticks about half a GB in. Returned the disk for a new. Still stuck Cleared cache, even reset the damned deck. Nothing. Wtf.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28335 on: January 03, 2018, 03:06:44 AM »
My state just legalized recreational cannabis and I know this is ultimately a good thing but fuck, it's made getting pot a pain in the ass now.

All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28336 on: January 05, 2018, 09:18:17 AM »
Farting.

My boss is a cool old redneck dude. Guy likes to shoot guns, drink beer, and has a taste for old country music. I like all of those things so we get along great. My only proble. Is that he farts. A lot. Not a problem by itself because hey, it happens.

My complaint is that he explodes and then always looks at me, like I am supposed to critique it or clap and congrstulate him. What the hell? This has been going on for two years.

Yes, dude, you have successfully expelled gaseous waste from your ass. Just like 7 billion other people every day. You don't get a comedy award or a handshake.

The Warshaper

« Reply #28337 on: January 06, 2018, 02:13:31 PM »
Have not had internet since the end of November. Had enough saved up to get it turned back on... Jeep broke down and I was summarily raped by the bill to fix it. Good times. FML

Melkor

« Reply #28338 on: January 06, 2018, 03:24:48 PM »
Ughhh that sucks, bud. I feel your pain. Tough it out and try to get some overtime or other work. You got this.

boog

« Reply #28339 on: January 07, 2018, 11:09:30 AM »
But this person has no car? ???

If you don't have a car where I live, good luck having or getting another fucking job. There's not even sidewalk where I live, and I live in a god damned town. Our public transport also is non-existent.

I hope things shape up for you, dude.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Melkor

« Reply #28340 on: January 07, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »
Still, people are resourceful. The first year of my employment I was commuting a few miles by bike. Ridesharing is an option. Walking is an option. Uber is even an option, now. There is always a way. Warshaper's got this.

Miradus

« Reply #28341 on: January 08, 2018, 05:06:00 PM »
Hitchhiking is a big thing here. I've picked up the same guys multiple times. Most of them are on their way to work. There is a bus station, but it's pretty laughable. It goes places, but it doesn't even remotely follow the posted schedule. Fine if you want to go to the grocery store, not so good if you need to get to work at a specific time.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28342 on: January 09, 2018, 07:24:31 PM »
Gosh dealing with computer problems is so exhausting.  Really makes you appreciate IT and computer repair people.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28343 on: January 09, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
I miss being young and irresponsible (or just irresponsible) and being able to play every day, 4+ hours a day... sigh
Will they tell your story in the end?
Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?

Hauwke

« Reply #28344 on: January 09, 2018, 10:43:34 PM »
I feel you on that. I used to play almost all day every day while doing other things. Now, lucky if I can manage to even get on every day let alone stay on for long periods of time.

Akaramu

« Reply #28345 on: January 10, 2018, 07:30:51 PM »
I'm such a friggin cougar. (More of a shame post than a complaint, but since there is no shame thread...)  :-[

Akaramu

« Reply #28346 on: January 11, 2018, 08:24:27 AM »
Also, it seems I lost my passport (or it was stolen). Annoying! I haven't even used it lately (except for identity confirmation with my bank), but still.

ShaLeah

« Reply #28347 on: January 11, 2018, 08:41:07 AM »
I'm such a friggin cougar. (More of a shame post than a complaint, but since there is no shame thread...)  :-[

This is my complaint for today. Why should there be ANY shame at all? Cougar implies having attraction for and taking younger lovers NOT pedophilia. You better own that shit shamelessly.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Akaramu

« Reply #28348 on: January 11, 2018, 11:52:45 AM »
This is my complaint for today. Why should there be ANY shame at all? Cougar implies having attraction for and taking younger lovers NOT pedophilia. You better own that shit shamelessly.

Yes ma'am.  8)

Is Friday

• My Twitch Channel
« Reply #28349 on: January 11, 2018, 11:56:00 AM »
That reminds me of what I think of 40 year old men who hunt down 20 year olds.
And then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.