Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 915213 times)

Synthesis

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28250 on: October 15, 2017, 11:26:52 AM »
-You- were complaining that you didn't have enough space for physical books.  I find this amusing because the vast majority of producers of physical books throughout history would've sold their soul to the devil for a modern $50 printer/scanner.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: Smuz
I come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: Vanth
Synthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Rhyden

« Reply #28251 on: October 15, 2017, 11:49:07 AM »
Akaramu, what you have described is very sketchy. Personally, I would drop them like a sack of rocks.

If you absolutely need to do business with them, submit the .pdf form electronically or send back a filled out hard copy then follow JdM's advice below.

Agree to it, but tell them you need backpay up front.  Then once they pay, you can decide if you really wanna go through with the new project.  If you are gonna go through with the new one, might be wise to demand half pay for that up front, too.
Quote from: Malifaxis
One thing I'd like to see in arm is more people focusing on how to make the game intriguing, by filling
it with murder, betrayal, and corruption, instead of arguing about how combat isn't powerful enough.

Melkor

« Reply #28252 on: October 15, 2017, 11:52:55 AM »
Or screenshot the pdf, open it in MSPaint, fill it out, email that bish back. get your moneyyyy.

btw HavokBlue I still wanna hear more about this nazi debacle!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:55:36 AM by Melkor »
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

tiptoe

« Reply #28253 on: October 15, 2017, 12:22:46 PM »
Adobe acrobat has a version that allows you to edit pdfs. Or, I just found this site that lets you edit pdfs online: https://www.pdfpro.co/

I've never personally used the online one, but you should definitely get paid for your work.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #28254 on: October 15, 2017, 12:51:15 PM »
Adobe acrobat has a version that allows you to edit pdfs. Or, I just found this site that lets you edit pdfs online: https://www.pdfpro.co/

I've never personally used the online one, but you should definitely get paid for your work.

I looked into this. It's not free though, is it?

ICAT: can't spend money on anything other than bare necessities. Must save up for certain personal milestones hat will become relevant in a few years.  :(

Molten Heart

« Reply #28255 on: October 15, 2017, 01:13:48 PM »
Adobe does have a free trial on one of their PDF making packages, I used it briefly but it was only for a week. It was useful while it lasted but maybe you're looking for something more long term.

Some word processor applications open up PDF documents and allow them to be edited and saved (depending on if the PDF is "open" or not).
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:15:51 PM by Molten Heart »

ShaLeah

« Reply #28256 on: October 15, 2017, 09:21:09 PM »
I have blisters on my blisters. Ow.
Quote from: Ourla
I would slather you in sin and roll you out the other side.
Quote from: Oryx
Shal is on point.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #28257 on: October 15, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »
Foxit lets overlay stuff on PDFs.  Is free too.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28258 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:09 PM »
Or screenshot the pdf, open it in MSPaint, fill it out, email that bish back. get your moneyyyy.

btw HavokBlue I still wanna hear more about this nazi debacle!

As part of efforts to flip my congressional district from red to blue in the midterms, Democratic congress members from other districts have held town halls in my district to discuss issues like healthcare and DACA, which our sitting congressman won't really tackle.

A group of white supremacists followed our guest congressman from his district to cause trouble and disrupt the event.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Melkor

« Reply #28259 on: October 16, 2017, 07:28:17 PM »
Any videos or articles on this? Nazis breaking a disabled man's arm is something that would be prime news right now.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28260 on: October 18, 2017, 12:09:15 AM »
A local affiliate had a reporter on site but nobody has picked it up.

It's troubling, because it makes me wonder how often this shit happens and goes unreported.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Melkor

« Reply #28261 on: October 18, 2017, 01:41:30 AM »
Considering how often even hoaxes get picked up for national headlines even before any semblance of confirmation of authenticity, I would say not often.

What about the police report filed? Or cell-phone videos?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:34:16 AM by Melkor »

chrisdcoulombe

« Reply #28262 on: October 18, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »
Parent teacher conferences, birthday parties and field trips.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #28263 on: October 20, 2017, 09:26:04 AM »
My neighbor turns up the volume of his TV to the point where I understand every word being said. Through a wall.  >:(

He also coughs and yawns and clears his throat with the sound volume of a lion's roar. You wouldn't believe it's possible to yawn loudly until you hear it through an apartment wall.

Riev

« Reply #28264 on: October 20, 2017, 10:10:09 AM »
I wanted to watch the new Critical Role One-Shot, but since we steal internet from our neighbor and they're BAD AT INTERNET it kept going out.

Always during interesting scenes.

I haven't had a hardline into my computer in AGES, and its stopped me from most online gaming.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Pale Horse

« Reply #28265 on: October 20, 2017, 12:21:15 PM »
I wanted to watch the new Critical Role One-Shot, but since we steal internet from our neighbor and they're BAD AT INTERNET it kept going out.

I haven't had a hardline into my computer in AGES, and its stopped me from most online gaming.

You missed out.

It was pretty fun.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

LucildaHunta

« Reply #28266 on: October 20, 2017, 12:26:45 PM »
That song Wild Thoughts is stuck in my head.

Waa...waa...waa....
Just like the white winged dove,
Sings a song
Sounds like she's singing
Oooo,ooo, ooo

Riev

« Reply #28267 on: October 20, 2017, 12:31:28 PM »

You missed out.

It was pretty fun.

I saw someone turn to ashes. I saw someone turn into a dusty shroom. That's when nothing came back.

I don't get to play DnD. I haven't played Arm in a week+. Critical Role is how I scratch that RP/Tabletop itch.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Melkor

« Reply #28268 on: October 20, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
Hey, man. Nobody said you cant RP in real life.

The idea of someone adopting a 'rinthi accent in a stuffy office building, or honestly any other typical work environment amuses me.

Be our hero. Videotape reactions.

Hauwke

« Reply #28269 on: October 20, 2017, 05:51:31 PM »
Bonus points, if you pull it off and folks go with it.

RogueGunslinger

« Reply #28270 on: October 27, 2017, 06:34:41 PM »
As if breaking two pcs wasnt enough i have now somehow ruined the 3rd. 3 computers down all within the span of a year and the problem is always something too expensive to fix or replace. Also... The fucking failing hard drives oh my god. Is it not bad enought to just break? You have to delete all my shit too?

I seriously just fucking can not deal with this shit anymore. Stuck doing everything on this piece of garbage tablet that is barely functional.

boog

« Reply #28271 on: October 31, 2017, 03:58:40 PM »
Oh, look at who procrastinated in getting the kids' costumes ready and she's screaming at them to stand still while also teasing her hair out wtfffff
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #28272 on: October 31, 2017, 04:24:08 PM »
Whatever change happened to prevent the "stay logged in" feature of the GDB from actually keeping me logged in is infuriating, especially when browsing on mobile.

Earlier this morning, it literally logged me out when clicking from one page to another.

Hauwke

« Reply #28273 on: October 31, 2017, 04:57:23 PM »
I get like 30 mins per login. Or maybe the hour idk for sure. But it definately does not keep me logged in.

It is however better than the staying logged in and having to clear the security of thepage each time.

James de Monet

« Reply #28274 on: October 31, 2017, 05:12:01 PM »
Might be a feature of your guysí browsers?  I havenít noticed a change.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.