Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 901563 times)

tiptoe

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28200 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
I bought a text book on Amazon that I need to complete an assignment over the weekend (professor didn't release the book list until Tuesday - another ICAT). The 'book' showed up today and is a 28 page 'summary' that was self-published and printed from Createspace. Can't even look at the original listing because it's been taken down. It's Amazon, so I know they'll make it right, but I really needed it now!

Also it just really irks me that people do this. They took pages straight from the original book and slapped a different ISBN on it. It looks exactly the same as the original. I managed to find more on ebay that they're selling for outrageous prices and the only way to tell the difference is a single picture of the title page buried in the other pictures. When I found it I searched for the original ISBN, so I have no clue how I ended up with this one. Skeezy jerks.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28201 on: August 25, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Crap. Now I'm worried about the textbook I ordered off Amazon, too...
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

tiptoe

« Reply #28202 on: August 25, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
I've never had a problem with it before, and hopefully won't again. I just didn't even realize that was a thing that people are doing!

Amazon was great, btw. I emailed them after I got it and they've already refunded what I paid and are crediting me for express shipping on the next one I order.

Molten Heart

« Reply #28203 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
I worry Kim Jong Un will bring suicide by cop to an international level.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28204 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
I have a great job. Decent pay, cool coworkers, and the work itself is interesting.

I hate going. Every day.  Is it too much to ask that I be allowed to stay home,  make love to my wife, and play Arm all day instead?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:27:32 AM by WarriorPoet »
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Riev

« Reply #28205 on: September 27, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »
"Hi, can you tell me what level this client is on?"
"I have them as a Home-Based client..."
"Starting October 1st they're going into level-based services."
"Oh. Nobody told me about that, because its not in our budget, and our Controller hasn't even updated the budget."
"I was told they were starting the 1st."
"Well. I'm sure they will, and we'll just have to figure it out!"

In the meantime, all I can think is "Who told you this was happening and why did nobody let the Business Office know?
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

ShaLeah

« Reply #28206 on: September 27, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
I broke out in some rashy thing all over my belly and forearms. Throughout the day it feels like it's creeping up mah necks and down the back of my knees. It's driving me CRAZY at work that I can't sit still.
Quote from: Ourla
I would slather you in sin and roll you out the other side.
Quote from: Oryx
Shal is on point.
Quote from: Cenghiz
And ShaLeah's evil, by the way.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #28207 on: September 27, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »
I broke out in some rashy thing all over my belly and forearms. Throughout the day it feels like it's creeping up mah necks and down the back of my knees. It's driving me CRAZY at work that I can't sit still.

If you lived in a legal state, I would slather you in sin and roll you out the other side.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

ShaLeah

« Reply #28208 on: September 28, 2017, 05:24:25 PM »

If you lived in a legal state, I would slather you in sin and roll you out the other side.

Using part of this as my new signature. I love the fuck out of you Ourla!
Shal is on point.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28209 on: September 29, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
The rotten whore next door called the law on us. Said we were starving my bloodhound. That he is skin and bones.

BLOODHOUNDS ARE LITERALLY A SKINNY SKELETON DRAPED IN 3X TOO MUCH HIDE.

Dog costs a fortune to feed every week but by god we feed him!
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28210 on: October 02, 2017, 04:52:31 PM »
nooooo Tom Petty!

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 04:55:08 PM by Delirium »

ShaLeah

« Reply #28211 on: October 04, 2017, 07:33:10 AM »
CRACKAGEDDON
Shal is on point.

Hauwke

« Reply #28212 on: October 04, 2017, 09:00:15 AM »
I hate when people I love are rude for no reason other than they had a bad day. I get it, you had a bad day. But dude, chill a bit.

Riev

« Reply #28213 on: October 04, 2017, 09:30:59 AM »
I hate when people I love are rude for no reason other than they had a bad day. I get it, you had a bad day. But dude, chill a bit.

I called home after leaving work to ask my sick girlfriend if she needed any tissues or ginger ale or etc. I didn't realize she was sleeping, but she didn't answer the first time around. I called back 5 minutes later and all I got was the yelling and rudeness.

Like, on the one hand, I get it. On the other, see if I call next time.

boog

« Reply #28214 on: October 04, 2017, 05:17:49 PM »

I watched this woman verbally assault a JCPenney's worker the other day while I was buying bras. She was so cunty, I just wanted to smack her. I mean, fuck, the dude doesn't want to ask you if you want to sign up for a Penney's card, either, but his manager is right there and they can get in trouble if they don't get enough card sign ups for the day. Just say, 'no thank you,' okay? You don't need to yell at him about how you never shop here because of blah blah blah and god damn, it's not his fault that your phone died so he can't access your receipt on mobile that you shoulda had with you anyway.

My ICAT is that I went to the fair, had eldest boog play hookie so he could go on his little brother's field trip, I got all my steps in, but I'm PMSing, so we all came home and crashed for a couple hours, and now I'm nauseous as fuck and the only things I ate were part of a funnel cake, half of a corn dog that eldest boog didn't want (sorry, I'm not wasting $4), and I only drank some lemonade.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhh. Good thing I opted not to buy a turkey leg, I guess.  :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 05:20:08 PM by boog »
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Riev

« Reply #28215 on: October 05, 2017, 09:47:19 AM »
I work at an organization that services Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities.

This older woman, who "used to do payroll" before she (in her own words) "put her foot down because she was not going to learn another payroll system" during an upgrade, has spent the past ten minutes talking about a "Chinese Raffle" she did at a fair. The person she's talking to has said

"Yeah, I guess they're just Raffles now..."
"Well, I call them Chinese raffles."
"Right, yeah, but I'm pretty sure its just a raffle. You buy tickets, you get a chance to win?"
"Yeah. A Chinese raffle."

Edited to Add: She's not talking about the Penny Auctions. She's talking about a straight raffle.

Melkor

« Reply #28216 on: October 05, 2017, 10:21:33 AM »
in other words... There once was a woman who was not very bright. :P
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

ShaLeah

« Reply #28217 on: October 05, 2017, 06:14:01 PM »
Here in Jersey they call it that.  Then again.  Jersey.
Shal is on point.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28218 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »
This little old lady held me hostage for an hour at work today to tell me her sad life story while I stood in as an underpaid therapist. Next time I see the coworker who deliberately tricked me into helping her while he slipped away? I will promise my revenge. And then I will wait. I will wait for the perfect moment when the stars align and a difficult customer wants something on a tippy top shelf behind twenty boxes and I will say, "I know just the man who can help you with that."

Is Friday

« Reply #28219 on: October 05, 2017, 10:36:20 PM »
This little old lady held me hostage for an hour at work today to tell me her sad life story while I stood in as an underpaid therapist. Next time I see the coworker who deliberately tricked me into helping her while he slipped away? I will promise my revenge. And then I will wait. I will wait for the perfect moment when the stars align and a difficult customer wants something on a tippy top shelf behind twenty boxes and I will say, "I know just the man who can help you with that."
That's a frequent problem on recruiting duty.

I feel you.
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28220 on: October 05, 2017, 11:09:12 PM »
Honestly I think it's more funny than anything but maaaaaan that slippery bastard is gonna get it.

boog

« Reply #28221 on: October 12, 2017, 07:17:43 PM »
Was at karate with my littlest, waiting on the biggest. I asked little to draw me the Milky Way. One of the kids who hangs out there and clings to me a bit too much, said the Milky Way makes him think of milk. I said, that's interesting, because it was named that due to the story of the Greek goddess Hera having spilled milk to form it ...

And he starts nearly shouting, "don't get me started on that! Old gods don't exist! They never did! Those people are liars! There is only one god! They knew nothing!"

I told him he's gonna have a hard time with history class if he doesn't want to acknowledge different beliefs. Then I noped and drew more heretical pictures with my kid.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Melkor

« Reply #28222 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:19 PM »
Lol. Its easy for children to behave fanatically. Reminds me of an anecdote of Eric Weinstein's (Bret Weinstein's brother; no relation to Harvey). When he was living in Israel some time ago, he was busy writing on what happened to be the Sabbath, and children started yelling at him to stop writing (therefore working) or else he should be killed. Immediately their parents showed up and scolded them for being dumb. Literal adherence to ancient ideologies is always a bad idea.

Kids don't know much; that is why they need guidance and education.

If anyone is interested, here is the anecdote. The episode was pretty good as a whole, too.
https://youtu.be/lMzjEaNFbAk?t=1h13m48s

My ICAT would be a couple of my loquat transplants are dead. sucks.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Pale Horse

« Reply #28223 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:44 PM »
Dork complaint:

Last episode of the five-year-long campaign of the Geek and Sundry show "Critical Role" is on.

Gonna miss those nerds and their characters.

Have to wait until the new year for their new campaign, assuming they still want to continue playing live when that date comes.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Hauwke

« Reply #28224 on: October 13, 2017, 03:26:59 AM »
You could also watch Roll4It for your dose of dork.

ICAT: My entire body hurts after a super-hard day of work.