Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 864631 times)

tiptoe

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #28200 on: August 25, 2017, 06:36:54 PM »
I bought a text book on Amazon that I need to complete an assignment over the weekend (professor didn't release the book list until Tuesday - another ICAT). The 'book' showed up today and is a 28 page 'summary' that was self-published and printed from Createspace. Can't even look at the original listing because it's been taken down. It's Amazon, so I know they'll make it right, but I really needed it now!

Also it just really irks me that people do this. They took pages straight from the original book and slapped a different ISBN on it. It looks exactly the same as the original. I managed to find more on ebay that they're selling for outrageous prices and the only way to tell the difference is a single picture of the title page buried in the other pictures. When I found it I searched for the original ISBN, so I have no clue how I ended up with this one. Skeezy jerks.

Delirium

• Helper
« Reply #28201 on: August 25, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Crap. Now I'm worried about the textbook I ordered off Amazon, too...
"Our whole lives are just stories." - Vikings

I get wherever I'm going, I get whatever I need
while my blood's still flowing and my heart still beats

tiptoe

« Reply #28202 on: August 25, 2017, 10:09:46 PM »
I've never had a problem with it before, and hopefully won't again. I just didn't even realize that was a thing that people are doing!

Amazon was great, btw. I emailed them after I got it and they've already refunded what I paid and are crediting me for express shipping on the next one I order.

Molten Heart

« Reply #28203 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »
I worry Kim Jong Un will bring suicide by cop to an international level.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #28204 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:52 AM »
I have a great job. Decent pay, cool coworkers, and the work itself is interesting.

I hate going. Every day.  Is it too much to ask that I be allowed to stay home,  make love to my wife, and play Arm all day instead?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:27:32 AM by WarriorPoet »
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...