Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 738650 times)

Pale Horse

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #27925 on: April 16, 2017, 12:17:44 PM »
Not so idle complaint, but still:

My Aunt is in an induced coma.  She had a heart attack yesterday morning, thought it was just her feeling off, and worked all day in her garden before finally calling my Uncle and complaining of chest pains.  The doctors say there was little damage done to her heart, but they don't know for exactly how long her brain was starved for oxygen.  She's in her sixties so they're not sure what shape she'll come out of the coma in, or if she'll even wake up.

My cousins aren't taking it well, of course.  Family drama during a trying time.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Exen44

« Reply #27926 on: April 16, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
Wow. That's rough. And on Easter, as well. Sorry. I hope she gets better.

Melkor

« Reply #27927 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:58 PM »
My condolences, Pale Horse. I don't pray, but I certainly wish the best for you and your family.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #27928 on: April 24, 2017, 07:48:09 PM »
I got my motorcycle license a couple weeks ago and today I found out a 19-year-old kid who was in my safety course died in an accident 4 hours after buying his bike.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

James de Monet

« Reply #27929 on: April 24, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »
I got my motorcycle license a couple weeks ago and today I found out a 19-year-old kid who was in my safety course died in an accident 4 hours after buying his bike.

Whoa.  That'll hit home.
You know I think if James simply retitled his thread "Cheese" and apologized for his first post being off-topic, all problems would be solved.

Ourla

• My Art Blog
« Reply #27930 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:54 PM »
Whoa.  That'll hit home.

Yeah. My motorcycle instructor casually dropped that bomb on me over beers. It's fucked WAY more with my head than I thought it would.
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Akaramu

• Anathema Web Serial
« Reply #27931 on: April 25, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
My additional work project was supposed to wrap up today but it's going to keep kicking my butt until Thursday.

Also I spilled orange juice over my keyboard and now the space key doesn't work properly. I was supposed to write today.  >:(

Riev

« Reply #27932 on: April 25, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
Just because I have a good idea of what I'm doing at work, and how to make processes easier and faster (as well as having to always wait on the state), I find that I have hours a day where I don't always have an immediate function.

Which leads me to checking integrity and error reports.

Which I don't know how to fix, because they error out for funky weird reasons, that require extra training from a supervisor already swamped in work.

So I have time to spend, work to do, but no knowledge of how to get it done. Its the worst feeling.
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

boog

« Reply #27933 on: April 25, 2017, 02:49:12 PM »
Yesterday, when I weighed in, I weighed in 5 lbs heavier than I had.

I know, I shouldn't give a shit about water weight and incremental creeps because it takes so long to gain fat, but I can't help but attribute it to pigging out all weekend and actually having my first real rest days where I don't work out at all.

I felt like a blob, though.

This is unhealthy. -_-
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Riev

« Reply #27934 on: April 25, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
Yesterday, when I weighed in, I weighed in 5 lbs heavier than I had.

I know, I shouldn't give a shit about water weight and incremental creeps because it takes so long to gain fat, but I can't help but attribute it to pigging out all weekend and actually having my first real rest days where I don't work out at all.

I felt like a blob, though.

This is unhealthy. -_-

Don't make me upload a picture of myself, Boogs. My body may be a temple, but its been ransacked and converted to the worship of Gluttony.

You're looking great, just keep it up!

boog

« Reply #27935 on: April 25, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
But I wanna wear a bikini without feeling like Kirby, Riev. :(

Thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate it. I just have terrible body dysmorphia. Thanks, childhood traumas. You're a fuckin' pal.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

Melkor

« Reply #27936 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:31 PM »
I broke a bow I had high hopes for. Fuck it. More firewood.

Exen44

« Reply #27937 on: April 26, 2017, 06:10:52 PM »
I'm playing a drinking game and something happened in the movie which means I have to down the rest of my drink but I had just got a new beer and each beer is 0.5ml and I've been downing it in a rapid pace before this while only being like 28 minutes into the movie. Rip stomach.

boog

« Reply #27938 on: April 27, 2017, 12:38:00 AM »
When you think someone's cool and then they say that they're happy their wife being forced to have another C-section because they don't want their wife's vaginal composition changing as result of vaginal delivery.

Whew, it's hard to find good parent friends.
There is only one boog.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #27939 on: April 27, 2017, 03:12:20 AM »
I made a fake campaign sign with an ironic slogan as if I were running for city council, and now everyone thinks I'm running for city council.
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

BadSkeelz

« Reply #27940 on: April 27, 2017, 03:16:43 AM »
Why not? Worked for Trump.
Quote from: janeshephard
You really think BadSkeelz understands the concept of Wine In Front of me? This guy shot me as a townie when he felt threatened. The man's a neandrathal.

Persona for GDB use only. Results in game may vary.

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #27941 on: April 27, 2017, 03:17:54 AM »
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

MeTekillot

« Reply #27942 on: April 27, 2017, 03:37:47 AM »
I should run for local office.
Where have you buried the body, MeTekillot?

boog

« Reply #27943 on: April 27, 2017, 10:14:44 AM »
Weight room discussion this morning:

"Women are crazy and manipulative because Eve was their mother."

Sigh.
There is only one boog.

Melkor

« Reply #27944 on: April 27, 2017, 10:57:58 AM »
I should run for local office.

MET! PLZZZ DO IT. I COULD MAKE SO MUCH MONEY FROM TMZ OFF ARCHIVED GDB POSTS.

I kid, man. kinda.

Lol thats dumb. More like women can be emotional because of genetics and hormones. Women can be manipulative because of ancestral reproductive success based on manipulative tendencies (Staying alive long enough to breed, and whatnot.)

Riev

« Reply #27945 on: April 27, 2017, 12:51:09 PM »

Sigh.

You want something worse? I was ALMOST FRIENDS with the guy who started the subreddit /TheRedPill

and he's recently been on the daily beast for being a total fucker.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/25/the-republican-lawmaker-who-secretly-created-reddit-s-women-hating-red-pill

WarriorPoet

« Reply #27946 on: April 27, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »
I have forgotten how to Arm.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

HavokBlue

• Helper
« Reply #27947 on: April 28, 2017, 01:20:34 AM »
Update: I went to a meeting and everyone started clapping when I walked in. They all think I'm running for city council.

God damnit.

Large Hero

« Reply #27948 on: April 28, 2017, 05:16:34 AM »
Update: I went to a meeting and everyone started clapping when I walked in. They all think I'm running for city council.

God damnit.

Go with it. Run. Unless some candidacy registration deadline has passed...what's stopping you? The people around you clearly think you can win.
It is said that things coming in through the gate can never be your own treasures. What is gained from external circumstances will perish in the end.
- the Mumonkan

Hauwke

« Reply #27949 on: April 28, 2017, 07:10:33 AM »
It could turn out to be a good thing for you Havok, sure it would leave you with less time to Arm, but RL before the game right?