Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 705676 times)

Angela Christine

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2007, 11:17:01 AM »

alright... I'm totally a cat lover, dog lover and pretty much anything lover pet wise (besides birds, birds love to bite me!) and I guess I don't understand why you would pay all that money on a cat that's going to die?  I mean, I hate to sound heartless, but unless there is a chance that transfusion is going to cure it, or give it like 10+ more years of healthy living, I'm not paying 500 bones for it.

That's easy:  you aren't ready to give them up just yet.  It isn't always about the patient, some of the time it is about people who love the patient.

Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

brytta.leofa

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 11:32:05 AM »
So, overall...I have a dying cat, I'm tired, broke, and my hands are stained black.

Sorry to hear that, dustbunny. Sick pets are heartbreaking.  :'(
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

dustbunny

« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »

alright... I'm totally a cat lover, dog lover and pretty much anything lover pet wise (besides birds, birds love to bite me!) and I guess I don't understand why you would pay all that money on a cat that's going to die?  I mean, I hate to sound heartless, but unless there is a chance that transfusion is going to cure it, or give it like 10+ more years of healthy living, I'm not paying 500 bones for it.

That's easy:  you aren't ready to give them up just yet.  It isn't always about the patient, some of the time it is about people who love the patient.

That's 100% right...I'm not ready to give her up, and I don't think she's ready to give up, either. I suppose some people can't understand that I would pay $500 for the hopes of getting -just- another month with someone that has unconditional love for me. To me, it's just money when it comes to my animals...because they're more of a family than my own family is.

I swear I'm not a crazy old cat lady...

And I also want to thank everyone that's offered their support, it really helps.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Cerelum

« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 01:30:42 PM »

That's 100% right...I'm not ready to give her up, and I don't think she's ready to give up, either. I suppose some people can't understand that I would pay $500 for the hopes of getting -just- another month with someone that has unconditional love for me. To me, it's just money when it comes to my animals...because they're more of a family than my own family is.

I swear I'm not a crazy old cat lady...

And I also want to thank everyone that's offered their support, it really helps.

I guess I can respect that.  I personally have known humans with cancer who fought it to the very end and know the turmoil and agony they went through, both physically and mentally and guess I wouldn't be able to put a pet through that, no matter how much I wanted to pet them for those few more days, or play with them.  I hate to see things suffer at all.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

Ghost

« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2007, 01:36:40 PM »
...because they're more of a family than my own family is.

Don't get me wrong when I say this, but this sounds sad to me, on many levels. The least of which is you are watching someone you love that much as they go through such a sickness.

But that is the least sad part.
some of my posts are serious stuff

dustbunny

« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2007, 02:27:34 PM »
...because they're more of a family than my own family is.

Don't get me wrong when I say this, but this sounds sad to me, on many levels. The least of which is you are watching someone you love that much as they go through such a sickness.

But that is the least sad part.
Yeah, it is sad. Because I happen to be a college student that lives with her boyfriend in a small house in a really shitty part of town. And we both consider our pets to be like a little family for many reasons...One of the reasons being that both of our families live quite a ways away and no one bothers to visit because they're all wrapped up in their own lives. Or maybe because I've been living on my own since I was 16 and the most emotional support came from my cat who always knew the best time to curl up in my lap and make me pet her.

But anyways, I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to defend myself to people who don't understand. Thanks to the people that do, I really do appreciate the support.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Cerelum

« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2007, 02:34:25 PM »
But anyways, I'm done with this thread. I'm not going to defend myself to people who don't understand. Thanks to the people that do, I really do appreciate the support.
Just for the record, I'm not saying you were wrong to spend the money to try and get a few more moments out of your loving pet.  And I don't want you to feel like you have to defend your position, after all it's totally your money, you didn't ask me for a loan so what you do with it is totally up to you.

As I said earlier, I simply couldn't do it, not because of the money so much as the fact that I've seen humans with cancer who were in pain the last few months.  I would give anything to have easied their pain.  So I guess I'm more apt to be sad to lose the pet, and put it down, then to keep it around for that extra month or two, knowing it's hurting.

Mr.B

« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2007, 04:51:01 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about the sick cat, but you know animals live, breathe, finds humor and love similarly to our very social monkey race (it's been scientifically proven). It isn't wrong to treat a disease, it isn't wrong to help allow the sick to experience life as long as you and the sick kitty can muster the funds and strength. I know what it's like to have an animal you love like family get horribly sick. Truly, I'll pray for you guys.

My complaint: Probably that I don't live close enough to some people to introduce lonely bricks to faces.
Keepin' it dusty,
                     Mr.B

EvilRoeSlade: "There's something seriously wrong when I say aide and everyone hears whore."

Ghost

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2007, 01:39:22 AM »
Yesterday sucked big time.

Even though I came early enough to catch my flight, I was stuck in the line during check in and when finally I could do it, the plane was 40 minutes away.  New rule of Delta (that I did not know before), if you have less than 45 minutes to your flight, you are "too late" to check in for bags.  So they said I missed the flight, even though there still was 40 minutes and the plane was not even boarding, and I was even there an hour before the flight.

So hilarity insued and they booked me for the next flight, which was 14 hours away.  Aaaand I had a lot of fun in JFK airport during that 14 hours period.  First I discovered my PSP is out of batteries, then my shoe got stuck somewhere and its bottom fell.  Nobody seemed to know where I could find a wireless connection in the airport to pass the time.  Soo... Long story short, I did not sleep.  I could only play like 15 minutes with my PSP.  And pretty much, nothing more interesting.
Well, at least I could write a few pages in my story.  I guess that is a good thing.

Sometimes I really really hate not having a flame thrower of my own.

Cerelum

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Complaints of the day:

1. Fat people shouldn't bitch at me cause they are so fat they need a size 70 regular coat and we don't carry it.  You are the fat one, be mad at your last hamburger you ate!

2. If you're coming in to get measured for a suit.  Take a fucking shower you stinky bastard!

3. The bride and groom pick the styles, if you don't like the color of the vest for the wedding you were INVITED to, tough shit.

4. Addon to 2.  If you wear your pants under your pot belly, then make sure you wear your tux pants at the same level, or they are gonna be floods.

5. 120 dollars is not expencive for a designer name tuxedo, stop bitching.  If you want cheaper I have cheaper, but there are reasons it's cheaper, cause they aren't as nice.

6. Tell your retarded out of town groomsmen to goto their local tailor and get measured professionally, cause half the time their mom/sister/grandma does it, it's fucked up when they fly into town.  Surprise surprise!

Dakurus

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2008, 12:33:27 PM »
Complaints of the day:

1. Fat people shouldn't bitch at me cause they are so fat they need a size 70 regular coat and we don't carry it.  You are the fat one, be mad at your last hamburger you ate!

2. If you're coming in to get measured for a suit.  Take a fucking shower you stinky bastard!

3. The bride and groom pick the styles, if you don't like the color of the vest for the wedding you were INVITED to, tough shit.

4. Addon to 2.  If you wear your pants under your pot belly, then make sure you wear your tux pants at the same level, or they are gonna be floods.

5. 120 dollars is not expencive for a designer name tuxedo, stop bitching.  If you want cheaper I have cheaper, but there are reasons it's cheaper, cause they aren't as nice.

6. Tell your retarded out of town groomsmen to goto their local tailor and get measured professionally, cause half the time their mom/sister/grandma does it, it's fucked up when they fly into town.  Surprise surprise!

Ah, something to comment on.
I recently was part of a wedding party.
The bride and groom had decided on rentals through a nationwide suit and tux store.
Everyone went to get measured at various locations of this store.
Out of the eight tuxes/rentals, (note, the orders/measurements get sent to the warehouses/facilities in Texas, then the goods get sent to a store near the wedding for pickup), 4 needed alteration in trouser length, some by as much as 4 inches, 3 needed alteration in jacket sleeve length, and one set of shoes was the wrong style. Although the Fed-X'd overnight the correct shoes, they sent them to the wrong store.
Luckily the grooms tux fit just fine.

Cerelum

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2008, 12:35:16 PM »
Ah, something to comment on.
I recently was part of a wedding party.
The bride and groom had decided on rentals through a nationwide suit and tux store.
Everyone went to get measured at various locations of this store.
Out of the eight tuxes/rentals, (note, the orders/measurements get sent to the warehouses/facilities in Texas, then the goods get sent to a store near the wedding for pickup), 4 needed alteration in trouser length, some by as much as 4 inches, 3 needed alteration in jacket sleeve length, and one set of shoes was the wrong style. Although the Fed-X'd overnight the correct shoes, they sent them to the wrong store.
Luckily the grooms tux fit just fine.

Yeah Tuxedo Junction sucks ass.  They are the best selling tool I have.  Cause noboby want their stuff all jacked up.

J-Rod

Cerelum

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 08:13:48 PM »
I just got back from Denny's and ordered a cheese cake that looked superb in the advertisement, to try and eat it with my plastic fork and then noticed it was frozen solid.  I'm contemplating complaining as I have to leave my cheezecake in room temp now just to eat it and it looks soooo good.

JaRoD

Fathi

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 08:38:22 PM »
Airports.

They suck.
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

Cerelum

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 08:42:38 PM »

Vessol

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 08:46:22 PM »
Airports.

They suck.
Agreed.

Some are nice. Seattle airport is really nice from memory, I spent a few hours there on layover and just drank tea and read.

Atlanta by far has the worst airport I've ever seen.

Fathi

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 08:48:53 PM »
Airports.

They suck.
Agreed.

Some are nice. Seattle airport is really nice from memory, I spent a few hours there on layover and just drank tea and read.

I'm 5.5 hours through a 7 hour layover in San Francisco at this moment.

I want to die.

Or shower. Preferably shower.
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

dustbunny

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 08:51:56 PM »
This thread...

It brings up bad memories.

brytta.leofa

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 09:13:42 PM »
I want to use Linux. I want to like Linux. I want for Linux to support common wireless cards. I understand why it doesn't.

Nevertheless, after spending a couple hours putzing with it this evening, I'm still running Windows.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 09:21:14 PM »
Oh man.  I've been on layovers that long before.  IIRC, San Francisco isn't even all that great an airport.  Why didn't you take the train to the city?

th3kaiser

• Helper
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2008, 09:23:38 PM »
I want to use Linux. I want to like Linux. I want for Linux to support common wireless cards. I understand why it doesn't.

Nevertheless, after spending a couple hours putzing with it this evening, I'm still running Windows.

Give Ubuntu a shot, my wireless card was working juuuust fine right after the install.

musashi

• My YouTube Channel
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2008, 09:42:21 PM »
Ugh, I'm flying back to Michigan at the end of this month for a week to visit family. I am not looking forward to the plane ride.
Quote from: i can haz mantis
Random Thought: Don't argue against Musasushi because.... really... you lose.
Musashi, I hate it when you're right. ;)
Quote from: Nyr
I redacted the whole redacted.

Ghost

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2008, 10:12:47 PM »
oh my god this thread reminded me of my terrible horrible time of getting stuck in jfk for 14 hours

i hate ny

Is Friday

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »
Airports.

They suck.
Agreed.

Seattle airport rox.

Complaint: Character approval is taking forever. :[
Quote from: shadowspeak discord
did you just meet a ridiculously unfuckable psychotic female character? It's 75% likely that Is_Friday is playing it! unfuckable, unwantable, unloveable, poorly played, stereotype-driven, abusive, and shallow!

FuSoYa

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2008, 10:22:25 PM »
Complaint: Character approval is taking forever. :[

Ok cool... thought it was just me.

Brandon
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life