Author Topic: Idle complaints about today  (Read 899244 times)

Cerelum

Idle complaints about today
« on: December 26, 2007, 10:01:49 AM »
My nose keeps running like a mofo, but it's stuffed at the same time, so I gotta keep blowing gobs of snot outta my nose, but then it just happens again...

Everything feels like it's going in slow-mo, and I'm stuck at work for 11 more hours before I can go home and sleep.

I'm taking wal-phed that is supposed to be non-drowsy and feel it lies..cause I'm friggin tired...

I have a headache, my next employee doesn't come in until 5pm and it's 10am...

I'm debating leaving right when he gets here, cause I feel like total ass.

And I keep logging into the request tool cause I keep thinking my spam filter is stopping me from seeing the reply to my special app, but them am sad...  If it's been 7 days and you haven't heard anything would it be considered being a pain in the ass to send a message about it?

A very attractive woman from down at the jewelry store came in with her mother to see about renting a tux for her little brother for a black tie dinner, and I'm so sick I didn't even hit on her...

I'm a mess.
Quote from: brytta.leofa
Yeah, seriously...find out OOC.

brytta.leofa

Re: Idle complaints about today
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 10:18:16 AM »
Nasal irrigation, buddy. Or so I've heard.  Barring that, some Tussin/Mucinex/whatever might help thin things out...or your Walmaswill may have that in it already.

I'm guessing that your special app is pretty safely non-lost if it's in the request tool.  I've had a couple things that sat there for a good long while, but everything I've put in the Tool has gotten processed eventually (unlike email, which seems to sit low in the work queue and doesn't necessarily get responded to).

A very attractive woman from down at the jewelry store came in with her mother to see about renting a tux for her little brother for a black tie dinner, and I'm so sick I didn't even hit on her...

Ouch. :o
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Marauder Moe

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:20:33 AM »
Theraflu.

Seriously, I've never used anything that works like that stuff.  Of course, I suspect the effectiveness of various medications varies from person to person, but I definitely recommend giving that stuff a try.

Qzzrbl

• Derp
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 11:45:16 AM »
Just stuff a pieces of tissue in either nostril 'till the problem goes away.
Quote from: MeTekillot
This probably sounds like I'm advocating MMF threesomes that include me but I honestly wouldn't know what to do in that situation. Jazz hands, maybe.

Winterless

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »
Nasal irrigation, buddy. Or so I've heard.  Barring that, some Tussin/Mucinex/whatever might help thin things out...

Just put some Tussin on it... hehehehe

But seriously... Nasonex does wonders. You need a prescrip for it though.

Stroker

• Posting Privileges Revoked
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 01:59:24 PM »
I thought this is an 'idle complaints about today' thread, not the 'offer suggestions to cure the common cold' thread.

My complaint: the Gym is closed until January 2nd - WHAT??!!?!?! Fucking Christmas.....
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Bebop

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:13:13 PM »
I thought this is an 'idle complaints about today' thread, not the 'offer suggestions to cure the common cold' thread.

My complaint: the Gym is closed until January 2nd - WHAT??!!?!?! Fucking Christmas.....

Hehe... Ah America.

Stay fit!  Except around the Holidays whenever you are inclined to gain weight.  But then part of me thinks, are we so corporate and out of touch with emotions and Holidays that we can't allow business a few days to let their employees off?

Stroker

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2007, 02:22:46 PM »
But then part of me thinks, are we so corporate and out of touch with emotions and Holidays that we can't allow business a few days to let their employees off?

Yes, especially hospitals; the sick should really take a few days off.

brytta.leofa

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2007, 02:51:16 PM »
Hehe... Ah America.

Stay fit!  Except around the Holidays whenever you are inclined to gain weight.  But then part of me thinks, are we so corporate and out of touch with emotions and Holidays that we can't allow business a few days to let their employees off?

Heeh.  But you're forgetting the all-American solution, though: ask for "volunteers" to work through the holidays, and pay them overtime. :D

Stroker, is that a college/university gym, or a commercial one?
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Ghost

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2007, 02:55:01 PM »
I hate to pack and move all the shit that I am just going to unpack somewhere else.

And I hate to do that fast because I have very little time
some of my posts are serious stuff

Cerelum

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2007, 03:22:09 PM »
Update on complaint...

My snot is now pink..  And seems to never want to stop coming out of my nose, I blow my nose and literally don't know where all the snot is coming from... Wal-phed (cheap sudafed) doesn't work worth a damn.

My head pounds whenever I cough or blow my nose like someone is drilling into it.  I can't wait till my employee gets in, I'm totally bailing work earlier today.

Ugh,

Belgoikiss

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2007, 03:54:27 PM »
You have a sinus infection man.. take some theraflu (Indeed it is teh awesome) and make an appointment.

Who the fuck would allow your snotting ass to come in to work? Gross.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

FuSoYa

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2007, 04:22:44 PM »
My snot is now pink..  And seems to never want to stop coming out of my nose, I blow my nose and literally don't know where all the snot is coming from... Wal-phed (cheap sudafed) doesn't work worth a damn.

My head pounds whenever I cough or blow my nose like someone is drilling into it.

Sounds to me like you've been dancing with that white girl in the ballroom.

Brandon
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Cerelum

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2007, 04:28:41 PM »
You have a sinus infection man.. take some theraflu (Indeed it is teh awesome) and make an appointment.

Who the fuck would allow your snotting ass to come in to work? Gross.

I'm the store manager, I allowed myself to come to work.  I had shit to do... but as I said, as soon as my employee gets in here, I'm gone!

Seeker

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2007, 04:58:29 PM »
I am sure you were considerate, wore gloves and held your breathing to a sanitized, bacterially shielded miniumum.

Not the type to leave your infectious microbes on the doorknobs, bathroom lightswitch, cash register buttons and several other surfaces as a bonus for your employee?  Good for you, boss.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Cerelum

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »
I am sure you were considerate, wore gloves and held your breathing to a sanitized, bacterially shielded miniumum.

Not the type to leave your infectious microbes on the doorknobs, bathroom lightswitch, cash register buttons and several other surfaces as a bonus for your employee?  Good for you, boss.

Seeker

Nope... I have washed my hands after every nose blow though, I'm not going so far as to wear gloves and a face shield, you can't sell stuff to people when they think you've got something that's going to kill them.

But that does remind me, I should probably take the trash with my multi-colored snot collection to the dumpster when I leave.

Fathi

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 05:04:36 PM »
One of my kittens is sick and the poor thing is just miserable to watch. :( She's barely grooming herself, she's got the sniffles something awful, and she's just kind of laying around the bedroom in a funk.

I feel bad 'cause she can't go play with her brothers, but I have to quarantine her for now so the others don't get all snotty, too.
Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view
I'm just an animal looking for a home
Share the same space for a minute or two

Quote from: BadSkeelz
My preferred form of birth control is still rough circle.

Stroker

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »
One of my kittens is sick and the poor thing is just miserable to watch. Sad She's barely grooming herself, she's got the sniffles something awful, and she's just kind of laying around the bedroom in a funk.

I feel bad 'cause she can't go play with her brothers, but I have to quarantine her for now so the others don't get all snotty, too.

I'll get my pentobarbital.

WarriorPoet

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
With the roads nasty and icy this morning, I called into work to tell them I would be late. All is well.

I get to work a little over an hour later and walk into a shitstorm. My boss, who is a total fox but is also a bitch of the most radical sort, comes at me with "Where the fuck have you been? Why do I pay you if you aren't going to be here, working?"

Well, you rotten fucking cunt, considering that I went into the ditch three times during the 15 mile drive, that I had my three children in the car, and that I DID FUCKING SHOW UP after calling to let the yard manager know I would be late, I think I did well. In fact, I think I did terrific under the circumstances, especially when you consider the fact that the boss, all employees, and every stick of expensive shit in this store and the yard could burn to ash in agony and tears and I wouldn't give half a fuck. Careful how you talk to me, or I'll tell you to shove your 9$ an hour in your pussy, report you for every safety violation and fire hazard, trust me there are ALOT, and then toss a brick through your fancy new stained glass window before I blow out of this hellhole. Then I'll kick the shit out of your barfly husband and grudge-fuck your highschool sister who is already showing interest in me since I gave the ex the big boot out into the street.

So? Get the fuck out of my face and let me do the job I came here to do.

Fuck work.

-WP went Tyler Durden for an instant but sanity prevailed and I just frowned at the bitch and walked off.
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Ghost

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »
Quote from: WP
-WP went Tyler Durden for an instant but sanity prevailed and I just frowned at the bitch and walked off.

your last lines always get me going man

JustAnotherGuy

« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2007, 08:21:24 PM »
WP - I so feel you there... though it's nice down here in Florida *winks*

Definately a good laugh though...
Or you might get me.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

dustbunny

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2007, 08:34:59 PM »
Morning was alright, despite the fact that I've turned into an insomniac and can't really sleep much anymore...And then some dumbass decides to break into one of our client's cars in the parking lot...Totally threw off the rest of my day. Yeah, that part isn't that bad...

All of my cats are FeLV positive, and one happens to have been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia about a month ago. We did a blood transfusion then, and she's been progressively getting back to her previous state. Today, despite my dwindling finances and ever raising bill...Decided to do another transfusion because her PCV was getting low again and she hasn't been eating. Did the blood transfusion, which totals over $500 (before my discount for being a tech at the vet hospital)...And her PCV went up a whole 3%. She's still completely weak, not wanting to eat very much, and is at her lowest weight ever.

On top of all of that, it was the day after Christmas and we were -really- short handed. We had to repair a diaphragmatic hernia as well as do 2 neuters, a spay, and 2 dentals that required growth removal and/or extractions. So...we were in surgery until 3, while seeing rooms...And then we got a dog in that ate rat poison that we had to give charcoal to.

So, overall...I have a dying cat, I'm tired, broke, and my hands are stained black. Today was shitty.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Dalmeth

« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2007, 11:22:09 PM »
And here I thought being forced to clean the bathrooms in the large retail store I work in was bad.  :o
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Ghost

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2007, 01:04:00 AM »
Well good bye NY.

My last day in town

Cerelum

« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2007, 10:30:18 AM »
Morning was alright, despite the fact that I've turned into an insomniac and can't really sleep much anymore...And then some dumbass decides to break into one of our client's cars in the parking lot...Totally threw off the rest of my day. Yeah, that part isn't that bad...

All of my cats are FeLV positive, and one happens to have been diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia about a month ago. We did a blood transfusion then, and she's been progressively getting back to her previous state. Today, despite my dwindling finances and ever raising bill...Decided to do another transfusion because her PCV was getting low again and she hasn't been eating. Did the blood transfusion, which totals over $500 (before my discount for being a tech at the vet hospital)...And her PCV went up a whole 3%. She's still completely weak, not wanting to eat very much, and is at her lowest weight ever.

On top of all of that, it was the day after Christmas and we were -really- short handed. We had to repair a diaphragmatic hernia as well as do 2 neuters, a spay, and 2 dentals that required growth removal and/or extractions. So...we were in surgery until 3, while seeing rooms...And then we got a dog in that ate rat poison that we had to give charcoal to.

So, overall...I have a dying cat, I'm tired, broke, and my hands are stained black. Today was shitty.

alright... I'm totally a cat lover, dog lover and pretty much anything lover pet wise (besides birds, birds love to bite me!) and I guess I don't understand why you would pay all that money on a cat that's going to die?  I mean, I hate to sound heartless, but unless there is a chance that transfusion is going to cure it, or give it like 10+ more years of healthy living, I'm not paying 500 bones for it.