Huge Tuluki RPT

Started by White Moon, October 10, 2007, 02:04:39 PM

Or you can just ask on IRC.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?!

Quote from: "Hek"Or you can just ask on IRC.

I'm kidding.

Or am I?!
Nope, you're not.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I love the people who play this game I love to play.
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”
  -- Prince Gautama Siddharta

Hey all, keep an eye out for another RPT this weekend, celebrating the events that occured at the RPT yesterday.  It will be open to all caste levels so if you can/can't attend let me know so we can have a good turn out the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I'll post on a separate thread when I have things set in stone.

Tuluk is the place to be!  :D

Edited - You don't have to include anything about your current character just whether or not you are interested in attending or available to attend OOCly.

we can not lose this pissing contest

quick everyone we have to have another rpt and we have to have more fun!

lets show them
some of my posts are serious stuff

I just have to say that everyone made that a damned fine moment.  I thank you all for your efforts.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Hey guys,

I know you can't post about what happened here, so why not post about it on the IC rumor boards?  Then everybody wins!  It doesn't matter if you don't know everything that happened, or you don't understand everything that happened, because a slightly muddled or inaccurate rumor is even better than a complete and accurate one.  You don't have to be someone "important" to report on what happened, the perspective of an "average guy" who just happened to be there is actually better for the rumor boards than the official version.  If several people post different versions, that is even better . . . that is fantastic.

Editor Hint:  Prewrite your blurb offline, then paste it in like you (probably) do when writing your background and stuff.  Leave a couple blank lines between paragraphs, and when you are finished use ".i" to make it look pretty.  .i is much nicer than .f, really.

Quote.i

Format the current text to 80 chars wide, indenting three spaces at the beginning of paragraphs.

Don't be discouraged by the horrible, ugly editor.  Throw a bone to the players who couldn't be there and are eaten up by curiosity.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

It's already on the IC board :)

Stop playing Dwarf Fortress and log in to go check it out! *tease*

And don't forget to "write board" to save your work.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Malken"It's already on the IC board :)

Stop playing Dwarf Fortress and log in to go check it out! *tease*

Ah, I hadn't checked in yet today.  I'm just sad that I couldn't go because my keyboard was acting up last week.  The B and N keys were not working well at all, sometimes I could press N 20 times before I'd get a freaking N.  That sort of thing makes social roleplay pretty much out of the question.  By the time I got fed up enough to hunt through my storeroom of forgotten dreams and old computer equipment and found another keyboard, it was too late to go to the RPT.   :(
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Permission to break the rules, so that I can send AC a new keyboard, wrapped in a printed out version of my log of the RPT.

(My logs are super clean right from the start, because I never emote, think or feel.)

Everyone would know you as that really neurotic character that refuses to walk anywhere that isn't straight east or west.
"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote from: "Malken"Permission to break the rules, so that I can send AC a new keyboard, wrapped in a printed out version of my log of the RPT.

Aww, that's sweet, but unnecessary.  I have lots of extra keyboards that work, at least 2 or 3, around here somewhere.  Along with a couple 14" CRT monitors, a several modems of various speeds, RAM in laughably small increments, and a few tiny old hard drives that I can't use but can't bear to throw away either.  I'm a bit of a pack rat.  The old computer equipment just tends to migrate to the back of the storeroom, so I have to be pretty desperate before I'm willing to mount an expedition to try to find a particular thing.  Finding Steinal might be easier, and less dangerous.   :roll:

The borked keyboard also made DF pretty much unplayable.  I nearly had to settle for games that could be played by mouse!  The horror.

Quote from: "staggerlee"Everyone would know you as that really neurotic character that refuses to walk anywhere that isn't straight east or west.

It wasn't quite that bad, because I had previously mapped the directions to macros for one-touch travel.  I could go north, I just couldn't talk about going north.   :P

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Finding Steinal might be easier, and less dangerous.   :roll:

No, it really isn't. Terribly fun though and I reccomend every player try it at least once!  8)
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.