Weekly Update & Changing Player Base

Started by flurry, April 08, 2003, 01:50:29 PM

I'm always a little curious to see one of the bottom lines of the Weekly Update - the one that looks like:

66 applications approved, 12 edited, 41 denied

However, it got me wondering how many of those 66 new PCs are from brand new players to Armageddon.

So, I thought it might be interesting to also note in the Weekly Update how many PCs had died that week.  Like, during last week when 66 applications were approved, did 66 PCs pass away?   55 PCs?  80 PCs?  I think it would be interesting to be able to compare the number of approved applications in a given week with the number of PC deaths that week.  To get a sense of what kind of net change the PC base undergoes from week to week.

Having this in the Weekly Update also would have the advantage of being able to track this over time - e.g. wouldn't it be nice to compare the weekly net change now to what it was 6 months ago by looking back at the Weekly Updates?

Or is this information already somewhere that I overlooked?

Just thought it would be nice to know and give a little added incentive to voting on topmudsites and that kind of thing.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I like it, though I don't get the Weekly Update.

What don't you get? Every week it says the changes that were made and who made them.

I think she means she doesn't receive it by email. Conveniently, however, the link to the web version is right there in John's signature.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"I think she means she doesn't receive it by email.
God is a woman?  I thought the Alanis Morisette reference in Dogma was hyperbole!
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Wtf? You calling me a woman, bitch? Do I need to swear to get some respect here? :evil:

No offense to woman... you know how it is, I hope. Kinda like being called a hairy man or something.

Quote from: "crymerci"I think she means she doesn't receive it by email.
D'oh! You can also go to the Weekly Update by going to the link in Community Resources

Quote from: "God"Wtf? You calling me a woman, bitch? Do I need to swear to get some respect here? :evil:

Lets face it, you're coming off a little womanly there.

*This post made in jest. (Except for the womanly part)*

God's not a woman? Well, I guess that explains a lot.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

If God was a woman in Arm, we would have milk and cookies... God's without a prominent sex or it's male for sure. I could only eat a cookie once in Arm, and milk? I didn't search for it.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Milk's easy to get.  The hard part is getting a grip on the gaj's nipples before he eats you.

Quote from: "Cyrin"Milk's easy to get.  The hard part is getting a grip on the gaj's nipples before he eats you.

I thought it was Escru!

...actually... now that I think of it, Gaj milk sounds kind of... tastey :twisted:

Cyrin wrote:
Milk's easy to get. The hard part is getting a grip on the gaj's nipples before he eats you.

Dude...if you're going to a male gaj for milk, you deserve to be eaten.   :twisted: Unless Zalanthan biology is way wierder than I know, it's the females of the species who lactate. That is, if gajes lactate at all.

Still, finding a lactating female gaj and milking it might be harder than one would think. And she'd probably still try to eat you.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate: