Soh Lanah Kah are open.

Started by Hot_Dancer, September 03, 2007, 04:16:27 PM

It's a tough time to play a Soh right now, but the tribe is not inactive.

PM me for more info if you want, or simply get to making a Soh desert elf. The process to join the tribe is automated, simply point at their camp in the Hall of Kings.

Despite being a staff supported tribe with a coded camp and elder npc's, the organizational structure of the Soh is very dependent on player action and motivation. Any character with ambition and a small following can force themselves into a leadership position with no waiting periods for promotions. It is solely up to them to take the steps.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Some of my favorite early memories and moments in Arm. come from playing in the Soh....

...Speaking of which, I really should play in this tribe again.  

Maybe my next character.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I highly recc! ;)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

bump for posterity!

Soh would really appreciate some mundane apps. The life of a Soh is pretty rough but it's definitely fun, and if they get more people the culture and benefits of being Soh would definitely sky rocket. :)

If you've never played a delf before, Hot_Dancer can definitely fill you in on most things. He has a pretty extensive knowledge involving the clan.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Although [spoiler] and [spoiler] are [IC INFO], I can say with all confidence that RP with the Soh is by far one of the things that make Armageddon so much fun. Especially Hot Dancer, because [spoiler] and [IC INFO]. Oh and the mudsex ain't bad either. Not that I'd know - or maybe I do. I won't tell though because it's IC info and would be a spoiler. :)

If my current character wasn't [spoiler/ic info] I would definitely try a Soh PC now. I highly recommend you find out all about those spoilers and IC infos by playing a Soh today!
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I played in SLK once. It was pretty cool to see a tribe where 2 out of 3 PC members weren't magickers. I don't know what it's like these days, but Hot_Dancer is a legend among the elves (OOC and IC!)

Things are looking up for the Soh, this is a better time to try out the tribe.

If a particularly close-knit tribe of elven hunters and fighters, even raiders housed deep in the sands and rock of the Tablelands appeals to you, this is the tribe to play in. It's not uncommon knowledge that Soh despise magickers and deeply revere the anakore for its hunting instincts, fierce claws and wily methods of dealing with both prey and predator in the sands.

The Soh were originally devised by a player who had too much fun in the Blackwing and the Blackmoon. He then clumsily blended a few of their aspects together. PM me if you're interested.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

How is it to play for newish characters? Do you need to have some sort of knowledge of the area? Not that I'm planning on dying soon or anything.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Newish Characters or Newish players?

The Tablelands are fairly easy to survive if you're not a determined, risk-taking explorer and are willing to listen to some advice from others in the tribe.

The tribe isn't as isolated as it once was, but there are some quiet periods.

Quote from: "Simple"How is it to play for newish characters? Do you need to have some sort of knowledge of the area? Not that I'm planning on dying soon or anything.
So long as you listen to elder's advice, as Hot_Dancer says, it's great fun and you should do fine.

Just remember: No matter how many carru you defeat, there will always be one Super Carru.

Sorry, bad english. Newish players, I meant. Few months.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

As long as you can pick d-elf as a race (that means one karma point or approved special app), I think Soh are good for you. Well, unless Hot_Dancer says otherwise  :twisted:

I for one will say the Soh Lanah Kah have always been a pleasure to deal with in the game.  I can only imagine how much better it is among them.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

I doubt it'll be hard to get a special-app Soh approved.

In my opinion, in comparison to the other tribes, the Soh really focus on the core of playing a desert elf, while the other two main tribes (The Sun Runners and the Akei'ta Var) will ask a newer elven player to cope with more advanced concepts.

Territorial natures. Extremely rare true trust outside the tribe. Tight-knit family and tribal bonds, rivalries when the playerbase is large enough. Of course, there's also that savage edge that comes from a bunch of anakore loving freaks.

The tribe was developed in a way that really allowed the Soh to work together, as well as promoted it. Typical Soh skill sets tend to compliment eachother, especially with no magickers in the tribe and merchants being very small in number.

The Soh also attract a core group of repeat players who tend to come back every other character or so, this generally means a new desert elf player is going to be introduced to other elves who are comfortable in the culture and have had a lot of practice portraying it.

Could the Soh be the Tzai'Byn of desert elves? It's possible, they're very easy to play.. and once you accurately play a Soh, you'll surely -rock- other elven tribes that you may try in the future.

I'm cleaning up a document packet over the next few days to send to interested parties, so PM me if you want it.

Unfair, now I want to play a Soh.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

The updated documents by Hot_Dancer make portraying a Soh extremely easy, even for newcomers! Even special apps without karma could do it.

Anyone who knows my characters knows I'm no d-elf player, but this was fun for even me when I did it, so I'd suggest giving it a shot -

It's a nice break from the scheming in the cities, and certainly makes for some great adventure.

Just wanted to bump this up for sheer bad-assery.

It's an incredibly easy role to get into and even to expand on, even for just a special app, and there's a couple of people right now who're active and awesome.

All-out savagery is a nice break from playing in cities, let me tell you.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

This is one of those times when it's good to join a tribe. Player numbers are on an abrupt and quality heavy rise in the Soh over the past week.

Getting into an active tribal environment can be very difficult in Armageddon, most tribes fluctuate in numbers wildly with long periods of insufficient player numbers and near inactivity so you really have to jump at the good opportunities when they're present.

PM me if you need information on the Soh to write a character. The Sun Runners are also a tribe that have a steady base of great players and it would only take a few to get the tribe really rolling. I can probably help you write a Sun Runner as well.

I've said it before, the Sun Runners and the Soh are in my opinion the best experiences for a desert elf in the mud. Full documentation, staff support and coded camps, elders and regularly animated npc's. The Sun Runners will offer the well travelled, wild, fiery and usually drunk elves while the Soh are the tightly-knit, territorial savages of the Tablelands.

Thanks for the push for Sun Runners too, Dancer. :)  We have a small active base in the SRs. Those in the SRs right now seem to be on completely different playing times which means more coverage of the day that has at least 1 SR on so it wouldnt be solo roleplay. In saying that, with the current plot lines going on IG, there should be plenty of opportunity for rp within the tribe you chose to join and with the other tribes.

No matter which tribe you chose, I believe you will have a blast. :) Granted, I am biased. My first pc on the mud in 98 was a Blackwing and I have loved the d-elf race ever since. (even if Halaster got me killed in 2hrs! la la la)

*grins*
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

I wanna play a tribeless d-elf who is the last of his tribe and will swear vengeance on the damned raiders of a rival tribe who slaughtered his entire past, leaving nothing behind but a memory reflecting what is to come.

Sounds fun. We need target practice.

*halo*
 staff member sends:
    "The mind you are trying to reach is disconnected or no longer in service.
If you feel you have reached this recording in error... trust us. We know. = message A-16"

Quote from: "Rhyden"I wanna play a tribeless d-elf who is the last of his tribe and will swear vengeance on the damned raiders of a rival tribe who slaughtered his entire past, leaving nothing behind but a memory reflecting what is to come.

shiiiiit i am playing that too lets build our tribeless tribe
some of my posts are serious stuff