Gypsies Wanted

Started by Zendri, August 24, 2007, 10:31:50 PM

Quote from: Troicha on January 27, 2008, 07:26:59 PM
Cerelum, Godwin says you lose this thread. http://catb.org/jargon/html/G/Godwins-Law.html

Play Tan Muark. You know you want to.

Don't forget the other tribes, too! Maybe they don't have waterslides, but they certainly have turtle pools.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I thought I read somewhere that Tan Muark wasn't allowed to be played unless Sanvean and a few others deem you worthy.

Or has that changed, and as for that link, I don't know what to say.

J-Rod

Quote from: Nyr on January 27, 2008, 06:36:56 PM
We're severely limiting any new Tan Muark applications allowed through right now.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

What are the prerequisites for being allowed a Tan Muark role, then? Any hints we can use to guesstimate if we might be deemed worthy?

There are a very very few slots left available for this clan, and (so it seems) a conversely larger number of people wanting to app for a role in it. 
Just the laws of supply and demand coming into effect here.  Feel free to send in apps, though.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Now is this considered a special app or just regular app you send to the clan officials?

J-Rod

This is considered a staff-sponsored application, and applications and requests for information/questions/etc must be sent to the Tan Muark staff.

Quote from: Nyr on January 30, 2008, 04:18:41 PM
This is considered a staff-sponsored application, and applications and requests for information/questions/etc must be sent to the Tan Muark staff.
What are the other staff supported applications?  Can you list them for me.  I think I would rather play a role with some type of direction instead of indies and clans that have no playerbase.

J-Rod

January 30, 2008, 04:53:16 PM #33 Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:55:55 PM by Nyr
By "staff-sponsored," I mean that you must have the approval of the staff of that clan in order to create a character within that clan.

This in general applies to the Tan Muark and any staff calls for roles (such as nobles, templars, GMH family members, for example).

If a clan is marked "Closed," then no applications are accepted for it at this time.

A good way to get roles with some type of "direction" and/or to avoid roles with no playerbase is to check what characters you see regularly in-game. If there are no Al'Seik that you've ever seen or heard of, I recommend not rolling up an Al'Seik. If every other person you run into is a Bynner, try joining the Byn.

Quote from: Nyr on January 30, 2008, 04:53:16 PM
By "staff-sponsored," I mean that you must have the approval of the staff of that clan in order to create a character within that clan.

This in general applies to the Tan Muark and any staff calls for roles (such as nobles, templars, GMH family members, for example).

If a clan is marked "Closed," then no applications are accepted for it at this time.

I am still curious, why is the Tan Muark such a special clan that it requires staff approval before you can play it.  It's the same as Arabet and all the others in the sense it's just a tribal human right?

J-Rod

No, it isn't "just" a tribal human. They're sort of like their own entity...I don't know how much of it is "find out ic" stuff and I don't feel like getting yelled at so I'll leave it at that. But yeah Tan Muark is a bigger deal than "just" another human tribe.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

It definitely is "find-out-IC" stuff, other than the publicly available documentation.

January 31, 2008, 09:24:31 PM #38 Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:26:19 PM by House Rising Sun
Dig?

February 29, 2008, 09:41:15 AM #39 Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 09:46:53 AM by Nyr
There can only be one (more). All of the rest of this stuff still applies.

Quote from: aruna on January 04, 2008, 01:15:33 PM
Give us more blood!

The gypsies of Zalanthas are looking for a few good players!  The clan has a long and colorful history, with active clan leadership and a potential for a variety of different roles.  While there are some similarities to the Romany/Ravenloft archetypes, the Tan Muark are by no means simply a traveling band of entertainers and thieves, but hold their own lands near Luirs' Outpost, won through struggle and labor.  They are best described as a tight knit family of fun-loving, hot blooded, adventurous souls, not trusting outsiders, but more than willing to take their obsidian by whatever means possible.

Players are welcome to contact me for any specifics of the available roles, information about the clan, or for assistance with the approval process or developing a Tan Muark character.

To apply to the Tan Muark, please contact the gypsy staff: gypsies@armageddon.org or tan_muark@armageddon.org
If you have problems contacting the staff via the clan email address, please contact the staff directly: nyr@armageddon.org and sanvean@armageddon.org and  CC mud@ginka.armageddon.org

We're active, both abroad and at home. There is rarely a better time to give the Muark a try.

Ever ask a gypsy what she wears under her skirt of scarves?

She'll say nothing.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Quote from: Akaramu on January 28, 2008, 06:33:07 AM
What are the prerequisites for being allowed a Tan Muark role, then?

You have to be okay with spending most of your play time on an invisible flying citadel, for starters. You also have to be able to write very good emotes about riding unicorns.

Can I play a waterslide?
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

March 03, 2008, 06:42:09 PM #46 Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:56:28 PM by Hot_Dancer
Wooo Gypsies. It use to be, if you wanted among the top roleplaying experiences in Armageddon, especially of a tribal and potentially isolated orientation you went Blackwing or Tan Muark. Only one of those options survive.. get in while you can.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on March 03, 2008, 06:42:09 PM
I hear playing in Fathi's family is better.. and that family isn't one whose trying to recruit for a clan that's closed to new applications..

The Tan Muark is not closed to new applications. Unless you know something that I don't (which I doubt), we really do have room for one more.

In other words: Yes, Fathi. Come be our waterslide.

Join the Gypsies!

See the Know/Unknown World!

Travel to places you've probably already been to in previous incarnations!

Meet people you're last characters knew and loved!

...and cheat them without any regret.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

So does that mean gypsies are still wanted?
Quote from: Scarecrow on February 21, 2014, 04:45:46 PMIn Zalanthas, people don't dig graves with shovels, they dig them with their own tongues.