Agua

Started by chang, April 02, 2003, 01:28:34 PM

Does it make sense to anyone else to be able to sell water back to the water sellers in Tuluk?  In Allanak its templar-run so I dunno, but how do these water-sellers get their water?  It would also provide a new cross-country trade opportunity where independant wanderer-awesome types could go with a bundle of waterskins or something and travel back to sell it.  Water -is- a valuable resource, but only for NPCs in a monetary sense.  

I actually haven't checked to see if you -can- sell water to them and am working on poor assumption here :D.
hang is actually...

I think they get their water from the powers that be.  There may not be a big public fountain, but considering the relative lushness of the area and the city itself I think it is safe to assume the city does have a significant water source somewhere.  I seriously doubt the rebels were hauling barrels of water through the ruins and into the pyramid during the 40 years of the occupation.  

There are a few problems with independant water sellers.  First, most of the places where you can find "free" water, the water is from hot mineral springs or muddy pools, it isn't very clean water.  The water is going to taste funny, and for all the buyer knows it could even be poisoned.  Second, the water sellers already sell water dirt cheap, if they were buying water they would probably only pay half of what they charge, so it would be impossible to make a profit.  The amount of water you could haul in one trip wouldn't even pay for your stabling fees.  You could make more money digging clay.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Not to mention, if it were implimented to be able to sell water to the suppliers, we'd have a lot of empty oases and pools by the day after boot-up.

True.
hang is actually...

I met a guy one time that called himself a 'water runner' he had a mental
list of Oasis's in the realms and would run to them on his swiftest kank
gather up as much as he could then bring it back and sell it where he
could (only PCs of course)
I dont know how it would be possible to sell water back to one of
the water people... the code would intrepret selling a waterskin not the
contents of it... and you'd get alot of magick poisons Id think.

Not to mention crafty vivaduans making a buck.

Does Tek object to Vivs undercutting the price (outrageous price) at the temple?

Well from what Ive noticed, Tek's price varies from about 40-50
depending on the waterskin, which is pretty good. Considering that most
water sellers in the south charage about 100+ a gallon.

A cup of water in most southern village taverns is 20+ for one drink.

I think Tek's price is actually cheap... but I doubt he'd care if Vivaduan's
tried. I heard back in the day they used to give out free skins of water to
the needy. So I dont know.

Tuluk:
- - I think it is perfectly acceptable to make a living as a water-gatherer in Tuluk. Unlike Allanak, the sale of water is handled by a noble house. House Tenneshi, in fact. My suggestion is, when they bring Tenneshi back to PCs, try and get a job gathering water for them.

Allanak:
- - Questionable. The water business (as well as the mount business) is run by the figurehead-Sorcerer King who created his own religion around him. Heh, or as a typical templar PC might say, "HE enlightened us to the religion that is HIM". Though I know the answer to the questions about Vivduans and water sales, I think it is better you find out IC. Just ask a Vivaduan if you're not one, or a templar if you are.
quote]>rant status
You are currently ranting.

>rant off
You shut your damn mouth.[/quote]

"Always remember: An elf in need is a thief indeed."

~His Divine Sancho