2.Arm Crafts and Critters

Started by DesertChoad, June 27, 2007, 12:48:52 PM

The answer to this seems pretty obvious, but the magnitude of the work behind this is what is blowing my mind.

If we are doing away with Kanks and other types of plants and animals, I will assume that all items that are currently in game that were made from raw goods harvested from these plants and animals will disappear as well? That is going to knock a huge dent in the number of craftable and even non-craftable items that we currently have and I guess it will be a huge scavenger hunt to locate all of these items and erase them from existence.

That also brings to mind the new critters and plants that are being put in, I assume we are going to be putting in entire craft trees for all of the items you can harvest from these animals and plants as well? The idea of taking on that job blows my mind, that task alone in its self would seem like a ton of work.

I guess what I am trying to ask is....Do we have a crew of IMMs working on just this aspect of the game? It would seem that we are going to need of a ton of IMM's and builders for this sort of project just to complete it in a reasonable amount of time.
'm in ur unit, molestin ur mount.

Byn, because you care.

Since we're starting with a new codebase and a new crafting system, the lack of certain animal products is not a very big deal, since everything is being redone.

However, the new crafting system will allow for much more ease for staff setup of recipes, and much less guesswork on your part.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!