New Magicky Docs

Started by Master Z, March 30, 2003, 03:14:34 PM

Thumbs up- I love them. I really think those involved have done an excellent job of addressing pertinent quetions and issues. There's actually just one statement that kind of jarred me, and it wasn't even really magick related.

Quote from: "Magicky Docs"The mentality of living in a city-state is that this is where you were born, this is where you will die, and spending your life anywhere else is almost unthinkable.

I thought that was interesting to know, since I see a fair amount of people "moving" and such. Not going to say its bad (exceptions happen no matter what, and often ic circumstances my demand it), but knowing this attitude so clearly helps me react to it and shape a basic idea of how one would think of doing so. Maybe its elsewhere in the docs too, so this may not be new to anyone, but there you go.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

I was thinking the same thing, actually.  I interpret this to mean that leaving your homeland isn't a problem as long as it's a reason more profound than "I was bored and I felt like seeing what was out there."  In Allanak the average commoner owns nothing more than the aba on his/her back and is lucky to boast a simple trade such as pottery.  People such as this clearly are not about to take such risks and would sooner submit to the oppression they've endured life long; in their eyes they don't have any other option.  But most of us aren't playing roles that simple.  If you're a 'Rinther or a noble, you're still in many ways set apart from the NPCs of the same caliber.  So, to me, this shread of document you quoted, Master Z, seems to suggest that leaving your city-state for whatever IC reasons you may have is OK,  but it's also good to consider how the general populace view things.