basket_weaving

Started by , March 29, 2003, 09:59:35 AM

Hey, I was just thinking about the basket_weaving skill, and wanted to hear what other people thought of it.

See... because unless there's another skill implemented, called weaving, I think that basket_weaving should encompass other weaving... like wicker, let basket_weavers make wicker, and... other stuff that has of course slipped my mind.

You mean furnature and stuff?  Wicker, willow (or whatever the equivilent very soft wood is in Zalanthas) and grasses (with a wooden frame) can be woven into chairs . . . is that what you are suggesting?

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'd rather see real weaving skills implimented. Loom making, and then the weaver could make tapestries, rugs, fancy stuff like that.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Yes, that among other things being included in basketweaving, one thing I thought of since that post was necklaces, like I weave hemp necklaces, it's probably the same principle as other types of weaving, using the same weaves and what not (And yes, I'm aware that weaving necklaces is called macrame, just didn't think that craft would neccesitate its own skill)

So now, back to what I meant to say in the last post, but didn't, how about we change basket_weaving to simply 'weaving' and put all the basketweaving crafts in it, and some others.

Yeah, include the plant weaving into a weaving skill, may include items makable in other crafts like some jeweleries and stuff, other types of furniture.

A loom_weaving skill or something like that would be really cool. I don't think I've ever seen rug or tapestry items, and I think it's alittle different then other skills, but then I don't think you NEED a loom, it's just quicker if you have and know how to use one... SHRUG.

Creeper who would like to see more crafts.
21sters Unite!

There're rug items IG. I've seen tapestries before, too, but they weren't really 'objects', per se.

I don't see why we couldn't incorporate some sort of way to make them.
"The most important thing is to find out what is the most important thing." -- Shunryu Suzuki