Elves, half elves, and other scum

Started by Angela Christine, March 28, 2003, 06:23:00 PM

The big consideration between the capabilities of real-world vs fictional nomadic tribes in this circumstand would be the climate they live in.  MOst Tribes we can relate too in the real-world are located in one level or another in Temperate climates.  Places that receive water at least marginally with in the year.  Indians, Alberigny (sp), Mongrol of the Easter Steppes..  all lives in one type or another of temperate zone.  We do have nomadic tribes that brave the mighty Sahara and more likely other deserts around the world (of which I don't know of), but you will never see anyone "running" through the desert.

There were African Tribes that could run 26 miles, then fight a battle and win..  But even though they lived in hot climates, it was a temperate climate.
argolin Deathdancer

Aborigine (just to help out;)
ack to retirement for the school year.

Correct Margo, which is why I stated Normal weak earth humans, but this thread is about (or at least part of it) Zalanthas elves, which have evolved in this hot climate at least to some degree...walk verses run...jogtrot, at least when the whole tribe is on the move, except for the scouts who would be running.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job