Atmosphere in Allanak

Started by RideTheDivide, March 28, 2003, 04:13:14 PM

I just wanted to say how much I enjoy all the coded "environment" in Nak.  Things go by on the road, the bartenders and NPC bar patrons do things.  It adds so much to the atmosphere...

:D
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

Cheers to that! There are so many new plots/roads/rooms/objects I love how the game is so ever changing and how dedicated people are to it. It really enriches the entire thing. !

Wait til you see the deep wastes... as beautiful as they are deadly.

I yearn to die upon the sand
I yearn to end this life so bland
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Wow!  Add to that the *incredible* bard coding and you have such a rich, rich environment.  I've spent a fair amount of time in the North and I know there's a lot of neat detail there, but the maturity and richness of the atmosphere in Nak is really amazing.

That alone should be enough to keep people playing down here...
laloc Wrote
Trust, I think, is the most fundamental tool which allows us to play this game. Without trust, we may as well just be playing a Hack and Slash, and repopping in Midgaard after slaying a bunch of Smurfs.

The atmosphere is richly detailed yeah, which I as a player greatly appreciate. It's a very easy city to visualize, with this whole gritty, desperate feel to it. But it's also a filthy, crowded, smelly, decaying city, from an IC point of view. ;)